Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xeraphim
    • Nov 2008

heading up for a day trip next week, any decent dinner recommendations that can accommodate an earlier seating (before 7)? have a 9.15 train from gare du nord to catch. looking to work within a 100-120e budget for two.

much appreciated.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

What area will you be around? I imagine you wouldn't want to go too far with that schedule
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• xeraphim
        • Nov 2008

final stop before dinner will probably be around palais royal (rick + l'eclaireur), so anywhere nearby or in the direction of gare du nord would be great i guess.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I'm afraid most places I can think of open at 7, and in some places that means the staff starts showing up at that time...

Actually, theres a small nice place called Comptoir de la Gastronomie between palais royal and les halles (very near) thats probably open all day. It's adjacent to a delicacy grocery store, but they serve proper food, simple classic french. I've totally forgotten about this place, I think its been 3-4 years since I was there but it was very good.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• MrBushido
            • Dec 2013

Seafood:

The Rech, 62 av. des Ternes 75017 http://www.restaurant-rech.fr/

It's been opened for close to a century, specializes in seafood.

Japanese:

Azabu 3 Rue André Mazet, 75006 http://azabu.fr

Teppanyaki place where you can get wagyu beef.

Yamamoto 6 Rue Chabanais, 75002

No frills sushi place with imo the best price/quality ratio.

Kifune 44 Rue Saint-Ferdinand, 75017

Sushi + cooked dishes. Waistreses in kimono

Hotaru 18 rue rodier 7009 http://www.hotaru.fr

Sushi + cooked dishes. Daily specials reserve some nice surprises like deep fried sardines coated in almond!!!

Sola 12 RUE DE L'HOTEL COLBERT 75005 http://www.restaurant-sola.com/

No menu, you eat what you are given. They have a nice japanese room with low tables where you have to take your shoes off!!

Korean:

Kookil Kwan 12 rue Gomboust 75001

Korean barbecue + other traditional dishes.

Chinese:

Zen Garden 15 rue marbeuf 75008 http://www.restaurantzengarden.com

Nice decoration with a 7 or something meters buddha statue Inside. For dinner and with enough people you can get thos roulete tables.

Enjoy

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Actually, theres a small nice place called Comptoir de la Gastronomie between palais royal and les halles (very near) thats probably open all day. It's adjacent to a delicacy grocery store, but they serve proper food, simple classic french. I've totally forgotten about this place, I think its been 3-4 years since I was there but it was very good.
              thanks for this! had dinner there earlier, great experience.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Great!

Will need to go there again

Comment

• ryanhast
                  • Sep 2013

I'm going to Paris for the first time at the end of May.

If you had to pick one thing, what is the number one best thing to do in the city?

Also, VRBO/AirBnB OR Get a hotel?

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                    If you had to pick one thing, what is the number one best thing to do in the city?
                    gettin laid
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                      gettin laid
                      In Paris? Does not exist.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                        I'm going to Paris for the first time at the end of May.

Also, VRBO/AirBnB OR Get a hotel?
                        Definitely an apartment. No sense to get a hotel at all.

The one thing to do is to walk along the Seine on the right bank from the Notre Dame to the Grand Palais. I'll be there at the end of May too (and back at the end of June, of course...)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kamsky
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          walk along the Seine on the right bank from the Notre Dame to the Grand Palais.
                          Weather can be unpredictable that time of year; likely to get beautiful days, or static, rainy grayness. One of the brighter days I'd do this suggested walk (or, if no luck's in store weather-wise throughout your stay, whenever), then go see Monumenta 2014 once you reach the Grand Palais. Have only been able to attend once (last year, Daniel Buren's installation) but it was memorable; one of the most beautiful site-specific works I've ever seen in person. Not very familiar with their work, but this year they've invited Ilya and Emilya Kabakov.

Comment

• ryanhast
                            • Sep 2013

Awesome, thanks for the ideas!

The river walk and Monumenta are now on the list.

Getting laid, also on the list.

Comment

• MrBushido
                              • Dec 2013

Agree with the walk recommended above.

I would also check out Montmartre.

Visit the basilica http://www.sacre-coeur-montmartre.com/english/

Quick sightseeing through the old village which is mostly filled with shops/cofee shops and restaurants now a day.

Eat at a creperie. I recommend Crêperie Brocéliande, 15 rue des Trois Frères 75018.

Take a walk 'to digest' in the neighborhood.

I don't want to ruin the excitement but i have to give a bit of warning in the spirit of full disclosure.

Though the city is relatively safe if you know where to go or not and at what time of the day. Every touristic place in this city has a group of thieves and hustlers that exploit visitors. Please keep yours eyes open and be mindfull of your bag(s), camera and what not.

The subway is full of pickpockets as well.

Oh and watch out for dog shit, it's pretty much everywhere...

Hope you have a nice visit. despite the negative parts, it is a beautiful city.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Agreed. But, they are mostly kids and if you are a guy dressed in black, they usually don't fuck with you. See, some stereotypes are useful!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎