X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBushido
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Agreed. But, they are mostly kids and if you are a guy dressed in black, they usually don't fuck with you. See, some stereotypes are useful!
    Indeed

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Ryan, if you want to make a day out of it, on the way from Monmartre have a cappuccino at Kookaburra at the foot of the hill and Rue des Martyrs. Then just walk the length of Rue des Martyrs and check out all the amazing food shops. You'll be hungry again.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ryanhast
        • Sep 2013

Thanks, this is great! My list is getting longer!

Comment

• MrBushido
          • Dec 2013

If you go to rue des martyrs then you most definitely want to take some pastries at Sébastien Gaudard.

You will likely have a hard time choosing 'unless you take one of each' but i vote for the Mussipontain, an almond meringue filled with vanilla cream and caramelised almonds on the edges. It gets two

Grand Patissier Artisan Francais qui propose une boutique en ligne,un salon de thé.Patisseries fines,pièces montées,macarons,chocolats,confiseries.
          Last edited by MrBushido; 01-31-2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Just got back from Paris, anyone interested in architecture should visit the "Palais de Iena". It's hosting a free exhibition about the Perret brothers. Some nice brutalist models from the "order of the reinforced concrete" period are exposed.
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• kamsky
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
              My list is getting longer!
              Lengthen some more: have yourself some cheese. All these places are likely to be pretty busy - fairly big draw for a lot of tourists. But pretty awesome nonetheless. I've never lived in Paris, so maybe some other member knows of a more hidden-gem sort of cheese-monger.

Laurent Dubois
              Barthélemy
              Marie-Anne Cantin
              Alléosse

And there's good coffee at:

Télescope
              Holybelly
              Coutume

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I can give you deetz on a Franprix in which I saw a mouse in the cheese shelf
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

If you can, go to fromagerie Alleosse (13 rue Poncelet, near metro Ternes). To my knowledge they are the only shop in Paris to sell my favorite cheese, Fouchetras. They have loads of other good stuff as well, like super old Conté etc. The other cheese shop on the same street sells a truffle camembert that will blow your mind too.

Comment

• ryanhast
                    • Sep 2013

Dang. I need to get some cheese right now.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

I'm looking for a place to stay in Paris from July for about six months. Doesn't matter if it's shared or not really.

Might be a bit of a long shot here, but do you guys maybe have some tips or websites to look for places?

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

beyondthemeans

I always take a look at http://www.homeaway.com before I take a city trip, they rent apartments shor term and long term for affordable prices but just depends on what you want and what you're comfortable with :)
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

cheers, ill take a look into that

Comment

• i-d-g
                            • Sep 2012

Anyone want to meet up for a drink between the 13th and 19th of June?
                            “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• ryanhast
                              • Sep 2013

Just got back from Paris. Had a great time.

Not sure if this place has been mentioned here before but there was a shop on Rue du Bourg Tibourg called "O Paris" that is worth checking out. Laurent, who I think owned the shop and carried his own line "Meta" was a super nice guy. I bought one of his shirts.

Also went to Rick Owens. Two guys Rory and Jean helped me out, they really made the whole experience great. Got a couple of things while I was there.

Also ate at L'Epigramme. I highly recommend it. Probably the best food I had in Paris. Run by a married couple who are super nice.

The guys at Damir Doma were extremely friendly and their store is kick ass with lots of concrete everywhere.

I went for a run one morning very early, this is the best way to see Paris in my opinion. The entire city was a ghost town, and since you are running you can cover a lot of ground. Ran along the river, past the louvre, I did sprints in the Palais Royal up and down the rows of trees. Push ups on the Pont du Carrousel Bridge. https://vimeo.com/95580846

Comment

• sybarite
                                • May 2014

You're scaring the natives Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡