Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommieRabbit
    • Oct 2007

Oh oh oh, speaking of chinese, I found this delightful little chinese noodle place that makes dishes for cheap (they make the noodles on the spot for each order) and it's awesome. It's near the marais. I had christmas dinner there when I was terribly hungover. Reminds of Toronto

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

I love Robert et Louise on vielle du temple for a big steak cooked in front of you.

La Perle to start the night, Baron or Montana to end it.

Chez Janou, Au Petit Fer a Cheval, Hotel Amour, Hotel Costes, Cafe Ruc are some places I love for food.

Rue St Anne for Japanese, Rue Volta for Chinese

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

I've never been to robert & louise. Am curious, will check out soon

also, Mike, what was the adress of that taylor you mentioned once that was in some way associated with Lanvin I think? (might as well diversify the thread)

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Rue de Surene in the 8eme. Don't remember his name.

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Lou
            "Salon de thé": Jaques Genin
            133 rue de Turenne, 11ème
            Really expensive
            around 15 euros for a hot chocolate and a pastry, mais dieu que c'est bon.
            c'est le 3eme, en fait

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

At la fee verte you can also drink fake absinthe and they will serve the ice-water in the most ridiculously kitsh 70's art nouveau samovar-type contraption. Food is ok brasserie stuff, decent red meat

there's also a really cool traditional parisian canteen sort of place at the bottom of the street where the montana is, called le petit saint benoit. Cheap and very good but not for the faint of heart sometimes

Comment

• hobo
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                the best chinese duck in Paris is also on rue Saint Jacques, but I don't remember the number. It's slightly below the boulevard saint michel on the right-hand side when walking towards the river. it looks completely gross from the outside, but it's excellent ans very cheap

Not far from there, super cute and excellent quiche place: la fourmi ailée, 8 r Fouarre also in the 5th, close to the garden of Saint Julien le Pauvre church (oldest and only remaining romanesque church in Paris if I remember correctly, apparently the oldest tree in Paris is also in that garden. it's right next to the shakespeare & co bookstore)

there, I helped
                I love that church. The tree in the gardens is amazing! It's worth checking out the tapestries at the Musée Cluny if you like a little history. The windows in the église du Saint Severin are pretty amazing too. That's right across the other side of St Jacques from the bar I mentioned. They also do fantastic classical music recitals there. they play Vivaldi's four seasons more than CNN play the news headlines!
                "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• een
                  • Sep 2006

A favourite restaurant a little out of the way in the 14th:

Le Dirigeable
                  37 Rue d'Alleray

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

I prefer the twisty column of st severin to the windows.

Also the garden of the musee de cluny opened a few years ago, I don't know if you've seen it. It's a minuscule little place, but you can see some pretty cool details of the building from it. Worth a look

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

xxxxx
                      Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

YES best tea in Paris imo. I just use it as my local tea-shop, I never had it there, but I'm sure it's great

Comment

• hobo
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                          I prefer the twisty column of st severin to the windows.

Also the garden of the musee de cluny opened a few years ago, I don't know if you've seen it. It's a minuscule little place, but you can see some pretty cool details of the building from it. Worth a look
                          Yes, I forgot about the columns! I havent been to musée Cluny for years, but I'll try and stop in and have a look at the gardens next time I'm passing. Ann and Heider show a coup[le of streets away, so it shouldn't be difficult.

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                          For a nice place to take tea, check also:

La maisons des 3 thés
                          1 rue Saint-Médard
                          5ème arondissement

Don't forget to check out cinemas in this district, there is quite a lot of them (le Champollion,etc...).
                          Two great tea shops (take away);
                          Palais du Tea
                          Rue Vieille du Temple

Dammann Freres
                          Place du Vosges

I buy all my tea in Paris. These shops are the best!
                          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
                            but surely a thread on "paris and london shops" isnt exactly much compared to whole threads about the food, drink, etc in a city?
                            agreed

so, how about some restaurant suggestions?

I admit that even though I'm there at least twice a year, my knowledge is limited to a few places I occasionally go to and otherwise its mostly random walk ins..
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hobo
                              • Jul 2009

FabFan's hotpot night!

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                                • Oct 2007

France is far from being a beer country, but if you're a beer lover like me then the only (!) place worth going to is l'academie de la biere in the 5eme. Really impressive belgian-centered list along with a select few others such as unibroue, decent german hefe selection and some anglo-saxons.

Food is kinda meh, but does the trick for some serious beer drinking. Staff is good, and if you're lucky the owner will serve you, she really knows her shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎