Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris, a new thread

I believe drinking in public places is actually prohibited, but nobody seems to care. Just avoir public gardens since park guards take it way more seriously than most cops, they won't hesitate to confiscate your booze.

oh, well.. that isn't much to whine about. I'm used to it. we swedes tend to do the same, fuck da poliiiiiiice etc. but you're allowed to picnic in parks right?

I have a feeling that fairly many countries actually prohibit public drinking, it's just that how much the law is followed and enforced varies.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

well, I like wine and other alcoholic beverages, but I don't like being drunk, so I guess it's not a big of a deal

err I'm not sure if that was a reply to my post, but I was just making a general observation on the topic.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

lol nvm, I just re-read my post and realized how weird it sounded. I kind of meant that I can do more than well without drinking alcohol in public, basically. but it would be fun to have a picnic with wine, since I like wine. there is no real non-alcoholic alternative close enough to wine, right?

Heirloom

Quote Originally Posted by munch View Post
    oh, well.. that isn't much to whine about. I'm used to it. we swedes tend to do the same, fuck da poliiiiiiice etc. but you're allowed to picnic in parks right?
    yes, the bigger parks allow alcoholic beverages, until a certain hour.

I swear I've seen this posted somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it so I apologise in advance if this has been covered in detail.

I've got to go to Paris mid way through next month and I could end up being there a little while. Does anyone know of any good agents, or other alternative, where I could find a small studio apartment to rent for 1-3 months. Looking for something fairly cheap, probably around 600-700 euro per month if possible, ideally around Belleville and Menilmontant.

I've checked out NY Habitat and Paris Stay and I've sent some requests, but want to keep my options open as this is short notice and I'm not sure what availability is going to be like.

paris attitude and VRBO have worked out for me

Is there such thing as the price you name?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I pay about 700 a months and my place is cute and fairly central

small though, but I like that since I hate cleaning

Same here. I pay about 700€ for 25m² in the Marais, that was definitely a good find but it is possible. Near Belleville the rents are much cheaper. But you might face the sub-renting price problem if you stay only 1-3 months, most people sub-rent their appartment/room for a much higher price than they pay. I'd suggest you to watch co-renting sites closely, like appartager and colocation.fr, although they are supposed to help people find roomates there are many ads by people who want to rent their studio for the summer. Beware of scams though.

Maybe an apartment swap is possible? Do you have your own place in Stockholm? I did a 3 month swap in paris last summer.

Guys, don't forget that you are renting to live there, not staying for a one month vacation. This is different.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

If you're a stranger, it's even more complicated to find. Or you pay more.

what the fuck? where am i supposed to stay now?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hi! If I can help to the thread as I am living in Paris green suburb for yeeeeeaaaaaaaaarsssssssss, I know the french capital quite well....
    According to my personnal taste, I would say that the japanese restaurants to go are:
    - Guilo Guilo 8, Rue Garreau, 75018 Paris Ph:01 42 54 23 92 Owned by one of the greatest chef of Kyoto who recently decided to move to Paris : this is a gastronomic japanese restaurant - 8 courses for 45€
    - Momoka 5 Rue Jean-Baptiste Pigalle75009 Paris Ph:01 40 16 19 09
    Only 12 seats! - you need to make a reservation. It's typically a typical japaneese "family" cooking with numerous and various courses included into the Momoka formula - You don't choose, but it's soooooooo great, everything is so fresh and delicious! I think prices are 39€ and 49€, but honestly quality and quantity really worth the price! Was awarded best foreign restaurant in Paris like 2 or 3 years ago but still a very confidential address! Welcome is unfortunately not the best but I guess this is because the lady is very shy...but nothing bad, just a bit cold....

Otherwise if it can help, I could have a big one room flat (30M2) with american kitchen and bathroom to rent in Paris 5ème arrondissement...very nice, quiet and comfortable, as new, close to Le Jardin des Plantes...from now until August 21st....contact me if you need, price will be reasonnable, especially for SZ community people!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Guys, don't forget that you are renting to live there, not staying for a one month vacation. This is different.
    I got a new job in Paris, I'll be there indefinitely. I managed to find a place for about 600 euro per month.

Heading to Paris in a couple of weeks for 3 weeks. Haven't been back since winter.

Anyone know of anything new that is worth checking out (restaurant, museum, bookstores, shopping, etc)

merci pour les infos...!