Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Paris, a new thread

Quote Originally Posted by jskidder1 View Post
    Off to Paris for a week this evening. Are there any current BBS stockists in the city other than L'Eclaireur?
    not that i know of
    pix

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Kookaboora is amazing. Cafeotheque sucked.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by franz View Post
    "La Méditerranée" (2 place de l'Odeon, 6th arrondissement) is well know for sea food & fishes.

Then you have "L'Ecaille de la Mascotte" (52, rue des Abbesses, 18th arrondissement)

"L'Ecailler du Bistrot" (22 rue Paul Bert, in the 11th)

And if you like oysters, "Huîtrerie Régis" (3, rue de Montfaucon in the 6th)
    Huitrerie Regis may be one of my very favorite restaurants in the world. So simple and clean. Oysters, boiled shrimp, beautiful wines and the occasional apple tart. That's all you need. They keep everything ultra fresh and no frills. In a land of "more is better" sometimes simple and perfect trumps all.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

I recommended it a few posts above. It is one of my favourite restaurants.

I'm going to Paris by car for couple of days and I need a cheap place to stay for two days with a parking area. Thinking about 50 euro a night for something basic. It only has to have a bed/shower.

I can use booking.com, but if there are any recommendations near the centre or near metro/train statons they're welcome

Any new stores popped that up in the last two years worth visiting?

And for places to eat I could use some recommendations as well. No particulair preference for fish/meat etc. I can eat almost everything

I've tried the big fishbowl at Bofinger btw and never eaten a dish like this before, but it was quite nice except for seasnails which are truly disgusting

Try airbnb, you could probably find somewhere to rent for 50 euros/night, and it might be a better experience than a crap hotel.

VOID recently opened in Le marais, I was at the opening night and it sounds like quite a nice place.

Didn't know this site.

Also gonna check out VOID, thanks

Since you have a car, maybe you can check out Ma Cocotte.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Since you have a car, maybe you can check out Ma Cocotte.
    I could go by train but it's usually booked except the steep priceranges are left. By car it's a 5,5 hour drive from Holland, so easy to do.

Thanks for the tip, will have a look at it. Reviews are good as in not great and not bad.

Don´t know what to make of this review:
    Hipsters in Paris are flocking to the remote suburb of Saint-Ouen to dine at Ma Cocotte

Gotta do it once I suppose. Could be crap or could be good.
    Williamsburg is full of hipsters too, but right now the culinary scene there is unrivaled.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

And what about perfume shops... best to go to departments stores like Galeries Lafayette or are there some nice smaller shops worth visiting?

Tonight is the opening of a Joseph Beuys portrait exhibition, also with original works by him at Rouge 58 gallery, 51 Rue de Paradis, 75010, Paris. It lasts until April 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropt View Post
    Try airbnb, you could probably find somewhere to rent for 50 euros/night, and it might be a better experience than a crap hotel.

VOID recently opened in Le marais, I was at the opening night and it sounds like quite a nice place.
    Excellent tips. Did make use of airbnb and will do in the future!

Also VOID is now one of my favorite places in Paris. Super friendly owner and personnel. Awesome stock and brands! Also the store is set up very nicely.

Didn't had time to visit Ma Cocotte, instead we went to a typical Brasserie and had bad experiences with the oysters. I'm still sick of it . Now I wish we would have gone to Ma Cocotte.

Default Paris Proposal

Sooo, im heading to Paris with the lady friend and planning on asking her to marry me. I need some help from you guys.

1. Do you have any good ideas on how to pop the question. As you can imagine shes an artsy girl, loves flowers and pretty things.

2. Do you know of any cute parks something with flowers and private where we can have a picnic around sunset.

3. Anything else you want to add to this, ive got pretty much nothing here and the pressure of planning this is killing me.

Thanks guys.

Don't do it!!!

Just kidding.

Jardin du Luxembourg is your place, I suppose. Will be crowded on the weekend (as everything else will, for that matter). Or Place des Vosges.

If you want to be extra cheesy, take a lock with you, write both of your names and go to Pont des Arts. Hey, sometimes cheesy things are nice.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Or u can break in to the tuileries at night/evening when its closed its kinda cool

A guy I know here did the cheesiest thing and proposed in the Eiffel tower. But he had no ring, didn´t kneel down, nothing. I´m guessing he did to be the guy in this city in the middle of nowhere to have popped the question like that.

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    And what about perfume shops... best to go to departments stores like Galeries Lafayette or are there some nice smaller shops worth visiting?
    Dunno if this is too late, but I recommend "Jovoy - parfums rares" on rue de Castiglione. You can find rare things there, exclusives that aren't available anywhere else in France (sometimes even worldwide). The store looks amazing and the staff is usually competent and helpful.

Going to Cannes, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    Going to Cannes, what should I do?
    IF you're going for the film market, there's plenty to do.
    Otherwise it's a city to avoid.

Trust me I was born there.