• Feb 2008

Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment SS10

• dji
    • Feb 2008

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Comment

lol, what kind of garment is the last shot supposed to be? tube top?

Comment

• stretcheroo
          • Nov 2009

Amazing shots. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

AN excellent place to make a shoot..

Kind of a tease though.. Looks very KKA.. haha

Need more images!

Thanks D

The Linens look amazing <3
            WTB: This

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Awesome locale!

Thanks for posting Damien!
              Btw, where'd you get the pictures from?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

For some reason I just couldn't be bothered with that label. I got excited for about a season, and then... eh....
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

hearing that faust, was a big fan of FW07 and FW08 but have been disappointed with every collection since. seeing much of the FW09 collection in person didn't inspire much hope either, the quality of the fabrics definitely isn't what it once was.

pics are from the official site Y.

Comment

• jcotteri
                    • Jun 2008

Have hope.. Amongst the collections are some lovely pieces, sometimes even amongst the plain Attachment main line.. You really must see everything in detail..
                    WTB: This

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

that's what I mean J, the really nice pieces simply weren't there last season. was very underwhelmed by all the items I handled, from leather jackets and outerwear to footwear and accessories. maybe I just missed his signature blended linens that were mostly absent in the SS09 and FW09 collections, at least they've made a return but none of the pieces in the above shots are exactly jumping out at me...

Comment

• black horizons
                        • Jan 2008

I'm gonna have to disagree on KKA... every season I find at least a few pieces that I find myself really wanting, and the quality of materials is always a deciding factor in that. This season I tried both materials of the j-shaped jeans / trousers (black velvet and a textured green gray denim), as well as the puffer jacket and some of his more standard cut and sew type items, and IMO the jacket and trousers in particular were wonderful.

I think of KKA as Geller often times, like their runway shows seem a bit derivative of others, mixed together and less cohesive, easier to dismiss and look over quickly, but the pieces always make me want to own them individually. Also I do feel that Mr. Kumagai is working in his own little world, his collections are very much a process of improving what he does already versus always trying to reinvent himself, which I take as a sign of sincerity, as it is obvious that many of his specific pieces are inspired from others, but they come into his palette and become his own. A good example of this would be his buttonless cardis that come off as really Owens-esque...

This photo shoot is perfect, all textures and colors matched, and the locale perfectly suited over all. I see plenty in there I'd love in my wardrobe.

I wouldn't write off KKA, Faust, he has done some outerwear in specific that I think would look stunning on you.
                        www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• shawn
                          • Apr 2007

Agreed, KKA is becaming my fav japanese after N(N) now. A very nice installment . can't see the details about garments though..but overall tone and feel matches KKA -- STEEL, GREY (bright drakness)

I do no have many KKA pieces, however so far the quality is still great. Also his garments' sizing is more suitable for us , not as small as Viridi-Anne.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

I would definately love to try on the slim black J jeans to see how they fit, but being in Melbourne I doubt I'd get the chance

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                              • Oct 2009

I think this collection looks great, although would like to get a better look at the pieces. As someone 33 on the verge of 34 it seem like something I can wear without trying to look too young. I get to see a lot of KKA stuff living here in Japan and so far it has been really hit or miss with me, but most of the collection looks like a hit for me. At the moment I only have a KKA leather Jacket(this seasons, same one that is on The Archive website) and I LOVE it! These photos make me want more.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎