Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamletpowpowpow
    • Nov 2008

Breaking Bad is consistently and rather surprisingly high quality. The pacing of the show is pretty genius - not just in terms of the actual shows, but how they play with the audience's expectations in between episodes...almost as good as Twin Peaks.

As for the Wire. Being from Bawlmer, I can't watch it, hon. Hits way too close to home.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Oh, yeah, this. So, The Wire is easily the best show I have ever seen. It is simply incredible and I haven't been impressed by a TV program, or a film for that matter, like that in a very long time.

Keeping hearing good things about Breaking Bad.

Comment

Breaking bad is one of my favorites too. The plot keeps you constantly on your toes, the character development is great and I'm also fan of the cinematography. What may start slow, gets pretty intense when you give it time.

Now to a totally different genre, I'm really looking forward to the new season of Bored to Death. The black humor in the show is great. It's a pity that the seasons are so short and you have to wait forever for the next one to start. But that seems to be the thing with all shows nowadays...

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Bored to Death was pretty funny. Agreed about the shortness, I watched both seasons on a flight.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

Has anyone watched The Killing? I thought it was a great series. Yes, it is a remake of the Danish series Forbrydelsen, but it is very good.

I'm unfamiliar with any of the main actors, so that might have made it more enjoyable for me (as it did with the Wire). The story telling can be slow at times, but I think that adds to the feel of the entire series. Wonderfully acted, shot and great sound production also.

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

+1 on Breaking Bad - there was a period though where I thought they were going way off track. There was no mention of Walt's cancer, which is why he started cooking meth in the first place.

+1 on The Killing - slow start but it hooks you in.

And one for fans of Steve Buscemi is the start of season 2 Boardwalk Empire.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Been a huge fan of Breaking Bad since the pilot.
              Totally gripping. I sometimes still can't believe Bryan Cranston was the goofy dad in malcolm in the middle.

The Killing was a slow burner that rewards greatly if you press on.

Entourage finale was utter rubbish, imo. Disappointing...

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

had some holiday time-off to catch up on some shows..

finished 3 seasons of sons of anarchy. pretty damn good show, but ally walker (agent stahl) is a terrible actor. katey sagal is such a bad-ass biker mom.

i thought the whole thing in belfast was pretty unbelievable, but whatever..

and why is henry rollins always type-casted to play a neo-nazi?

anyone here watched the first season of american horror story? how is it?
                Last edited by endersgame; 12-28-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

Loved:

The Killing
                  Breaking Bad
                  Walking Dead

+3 to AMC.

As for American Horror Story, I actually liked it. There are few episodes that are somewhat annoying, but all in all, I thought it was relatively dark and fun. Nowhere near as good as say, Six Feet Under, yet much better than most television you see these days.

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

i love SOA

just watched the first (and only so far) season of Homeland

GREAT SHOW!. Claire Danes is excellent......highly recommend

Comment

• Acéphale
                      • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• MJRH
                        • Nov 2006

I can't watch TV for the most part. I'm... not attuned? Can't stand most TV drama or comedy, so the only exception is cartoons: Family Guy, South Park, Futurama especially, as well as some lesser-knowns:

Xavier: Renegade Angel. In the style of zany Adult Swim cartoons like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, with at least as much absurdity but ten times the punning, psychedelia, and general mindfuckery:

Powers are for the weak. I have no powers... unless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons-grade philosophical insight. I'm a thought-o-caster, a conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler.

A crying lady! I'll help you. I'm a feminist. I'll make sexism my bitch. Sexism will be all like, "Oh Xavier! You're so strong! Kissy kissy! You can hit me. I like it."
                        Superjail. Good ol' fashioned blood and guts as well as some of the most inventive animation ever put to screen:

New season of Beavis & Butthead up to scratch too, if the originals tickled your fancy.
                        ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Mikevigar
                          • Jan 2010

I hope people managed to see This is England 88, as with 86, it was excellent!

Comment

• jamesd
                            • Sep 2008

Downton Abbey. I promised my Mom I would try it and was hooked right away. There's a very large cast and the show does a great job of clearly establishing pretty quickly who everyone is and what they are about.

Comment

• Johngd
                              • Feb 2009

anyone here watched the first season of american horror story? how is it?
                              Had to push myself thru all the episodes of season 1 with my girlfriend. Don´t watch it, only waste of time

Comment

• sinnedk
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Johngd View Post
                                Had to push myself thru all the episodes of season 1 with my girlfriend. Don´t watch it, only waste of time
                                odd i heard many good things about it but haven't seen the show yet

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎