• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seb
    • Feb 2007

Thesis topic for fashion management

hi guys,

i?m not sure if this is the 100% right sub-forum for my question. if not please remove somewhere else.

i was wondering if someone of you has an interesting idea for a bachelor thesis in fashion management?

i?m looking for a topic at the moment, but i want to write about something interesting and not the usual standard stuff.

perhaps some of you have a company or work at one that has something they want to have researched? i?ll happily offer you my results when i?m finished in june/july since i have to write it in english anyway.

thanks for your help!
    ________
    Jayda_Diamonde
    Last edited by seb; 08-23-2011, 03:03 AM.
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Sure, how about writing on the future of web and social networks in relation to fashion? If you're up to date with your fashion reading, you'll find that more and more companies (including high-end, high-street, indies) relocate major chunks of their ad revenue to the web and mobile platforms.

Also, more and more companies are stuck when it comes to implementation of their current PR and marketing strategies to the new generation of technologies, because frankly, lots of people sitting on their boards are archaic in their thinking.

There are plenty of food for thought on Cathy Horyn's NYT blog (http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/), and BoF (http://www.businessoffashion.com/).

It's really the stuff of the future, and if I'd would be doing a PR/management degree, this is what I'd research.

And yeah, give me a shout when you're done, as I am highly interested in the subject ;).

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

^ Really great advice.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• seb
        • Feb 2007

thanks eat me! already read a lot at bof about the whole web 2.0 development. it?s really quite interesting.

if somebody else has any idea, please feel free to post =)
        ________
        Live sex
        Last edited by seb; 08-23-2011, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Raf Simons, towards theory of extraneous relations to the superficiality of avant-garde fashion in the context of the twenty first century zeitgeist.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

I could probably write 10 pages on that topic without even making too big an effort. It wouldn't make any sense of course, but would seem really smart to the layman

buuuut I will never do it, because of my general lack of motivation in life

Comment

• marc1975
              • Dec 2010

Aaahhh... you ask for a topic and ... tada... again there is "Web 2.0". Twitter, Facebook, social media, ... there are more down to earth topics than this.

How about the possibilities and limitations of web-shops / websites for luxury brands?

More and more customers (at least within Europe) are starting to shop cross-border, especially in luxury fashion. Many of the current luxury fashion brands do not offer a direct way to shop, but rather rely on their brick-and-mortar stores.

For customers who are interested in the latest trends, but are not constantly jetting around the world (Paris, New York, London, ...), web-shops would be a possible solution.

Another thing: Websites. I will never understand designers who put up a website with a blurry video where no one can even remotely judge how the new collection looks like. After all, especially for the less known designers, this is their possibility to strengthen their revenue stream. So - how artistic should a designer website be, and how sales oriented?

I think that lots of luxury brands still don't get how to achieve a good balance between their exclusivity (just showing a white page with their company's logo on it) and sellability (opening up a full-blown online version of a flagship store).

Those are topics I would consider to be quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎