• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool, post it when it's done ;)

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Heading back to Amsterdam after London Fashion Week with my lady. Any new shops, restaurants, galleries, etc... I should check out?

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

carmacoma maybe?
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

Lol!! Tomorrow I'm off to Paris to check out what I thought was the nearest place were they sell CCP. Didn't knew about carmacoma.
          Grailed link

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

Classic!! It was also news to me...

Comment

• Bosozoku
              • Sep 2008

Hi Mike,

In terms of new restaurants in Amsterdam:

&Samhoud Places
              Gebr. Speijkervet (off the beaten track, in the Old West of Amsterdam)
              Wilde Zwijnen
              Rijsel
              Anna (my favourite as we speak), near red light district.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Cool thanks, just booked a table at Anna for next week.

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Just arrived in Amsterdam, bumping this one more time. Thanks!

Comment

• FOREVER
                    • Sep 2011

Carmacoma is pretty great nowadays. A few great CCP pieces and a whole load of Rick HUN (23.000 priced leather/fur jackets and the likes) plus some Thamanyah. Very much worth visiting
                    Another lovely (though overpriced) restaurant is Le Garage, but I can very much recommend Anna (along with Zaza's). Hope you'll enjoy it

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I'll be in Amsterdam in a couple of weeks. Please post more recommendations. Carmacoma is on the radar, Ennu, of course, and I imagine visiting the refurbished Rijksmuseum is a must?

What about restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries, the works?

Damn you, Mike, taking up half the thread with your burglar stories!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Van Ravenstein is women's only, but it's an awesome shop. Cafe Loetje has amazing steaks and fun atmopshere. When will you be there?

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

By accident passed the old 2PR today which had some Rick Owens shoes at display. Apparently they've changed storenames: http://www.ultraviolet-amsterdam.nl/brands/
                          Store was closed but next time will check it out.

Only places I know with SZ clothing would be CarmaComa, Ennu, Sprmrkt+ and possibly 2PR/ultraviolet.

For non-clothing I can recommend Frozen Fountain. It's mainly a interior store with cool gadgets and stuff.
                          Top design, original and exclusive. Visit us in Amsterdam or online!

Also had decent indonesian food at Toko Joyce @nieuwmarkt.
                          Cheap food (7 euro for Nasi Rames), but very nice. Don't expect a fancy restaurant as it's mainly a take-away place from the looks of it.

Welkom bij Toko Joyce, voor al uw Indonesische maaltijden, snacks en producten. Locaties: Purmerend Wormerplein 35, Amsterdam-Noord Werengouw 202
                          Grailed link

Comment

• Stijn
                            • Jun 2011

I don't like ennu that much, but I accidently came accros their outlet (didn't even knew they had one) in the Hague which have some nice things from time to time for a decent price.

SPRMRKT is very nice and if you are lucky you can find amazing things in their vintage section. Old comme des garcons, margiela, etc.

The refurbished Rijksmuseum is beautiful but touristy, the Stedelijk museum is also completely new and a must-go. One smaller venue is 'Huize Marseille', a beautiful house at the canals which features photography. And close by you have FOAM, also photography.

And parks,
                            Vondelpark is really nice, but I prefer westerpark, located around the westergasfabriek, where you have nice restaurants, a cinema with more artsy movies (ketelhuis) among other things.

As for coffeeshops, you will find hundreds of filthy-looking ones, but there are actually also a few gems that are really inviting and nice, Katsu and the Greenhouse, for example.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                              Van Ravenstein is women's only, but it's an awesome shop. Cafe Loetje has amazing steaks and fun atmopshere. When will you be there?
                              Sep 8-10. Thanks everyone for the recs - keep 'em coming!

Stijn, I haven't smoked in ages, but I'd totally go to a nice coffee shop. :-)
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boomslang20117@
                                • Sep 2006

Anyone heading up to Antwerp for HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ACADEMIE?? I would be in Amsterdam from 22 - 26 sept but most probably heading up to Antwerp for a day trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎