Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anyone in Amsterdam?

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    LOL.. True, though.
    For clothing, yes. For art, food and nightlive, I found Amsterdam being a lot more vibrant than Antwerp.

I was last over the Christmas holidays in Amsterdam and found that so many new good restaurants had opened. Also make sure to check out The School if you are into electronic music, highly recommended venue (depending on the night/artists).

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthemeans View Post
    For clothing, yes. For art, food and nightlive, I found Amsterdam being a lot more vibrant than Antwerp.

I was last over the Christmas holidays in Amsterdam and found that so many new good restaurants had opened. Also make sure to check out The School if you are into electronic music, highly recommended venue (depending on the night/artists).
    The line up at De School isnt that good. Vera is playing that Saturday and have seen her 1000x already at the Robert Johnson in Offenbach.
    We plan to go to Thuishaven on that Sunday. Heard thats a cool location too.
    For eating we have reserved a table at Hosokawa.

Sorry, I somehow just saw this reply, but we did end up in both Architecture + Natura and The Otherist. Loved them both, and we had a quick lunch at the vegan restaurant on the same block.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthemeans View Post

Well, of course, it's a bigger, better known city, more international. It was just funny to see the other comment. By the way, lots of Dutch go to Antwerp for the weekend. It's partly why the city punches way above its belt for shopping (I am not talking our kind of shopping, but more mass luxury).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

It seems like more and more luxury boutiques in Amsterdam are closing down. This month Van Ravenstein announced they will close their doors after more then 25 years, they will sell the SS18 collections with 30% discount.

Not named in this thread but SPRMRKT is moved to Ibiza since 2016. And first you had Ultraviolet and 2PR next to each other but nowadays I believe only 2PR is left but they do not carry the main lines.

Cowboys 2 Catwalk has now two stores (they refurbished their franchise Acne Studios store into another Cowboys 2 Catwalk and also carry women lines now). Lesser known but also interesting is ennu. It's a small store but they have more avant garde labels in-store besides the ones they show on their website.

From what I understand Van Ravenstein is closing dying because the owner is retiring, not because the shop is not doing well.

Cowboys 2 Catwalk - officially the worst name for a store (or anything) ever?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Cowboys 2 Catwalk - officially the worst name for a store (or anything) ever?
    True, but the staff is friendly and the selection is ok.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

I’ll go to Amsterdam again in June, are there any interesting exhibitions right now?
    Or can someone recommend me an interesting gallery or museum (not your typical tourist go-to)?
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    I’ll go to Amsterdam again in June, are there any interesting exhibitions right now?
    Or can someone recommend me an interesting gallery or museum (not your typical tourist go-to)?
    Second this

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Someone please reply, I’m flying next week lol.
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Someone please reply, I’m flying next week lol.
    World Press Photo
    Studio Drift installation In 20 Step at the Stedlijk (misspelling the museum name)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Stedelijk Museum is great, always. But its also a tourist to go to.

There is a show at Stedelijk now — STUDIO DRIFT — that is pretty great. But as Jeroenr said, it's a pretty tourist-heavy museum.

Quote Originally Posted by jurassicsnark View Post
    There is a show at Stedelijk now — STUDIO DRIFT — that is pretty great. But as Jeroenr said, it's a pretty tourist-heavy museum.
    Two posts up ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

We've just moved to Amsterdam — I'm very excited to be here!
    Anyone have any recommendations for general life services — doctors, hairdressers, cobblers, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by jurassicsnark View Post
    We've just moved to Amsterdam — I'm very excited to be here!
    Anyone have any recommendations for general life services — doctors, hairdressers, cobblers, etc?

Man you make me laugh, it's funny how you gather cobblers to general life services, i know you had guidi, ccp, bbs, layer 0 and a1923 and you afraid who will take care of them
    Lol