Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Ok, will spend a day in Amsterdam friday and want to try nice restaurant, maybe near Noordermarkt or Centraal or Museum Quarter. I'm lazy. If you wanna meet and are not a cannibal I'm around from moning until my flight at 21-ish.

Cheers
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• en0rm
      • May 2010

Visiting Amsterdam at the beginning of January for the first time. I guess its not the nicest time of year to visit but i got the opportunity and am looking forward to a few days off work.

Do you guys have any recommendations for must sees/does in Amsterdam during winter time?

I have read through this thread, but do you guys have any recent restaurant /bar advices ?

Thanks for the help
      Last edited by en0rm; 12-18-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
        • Sep 2015

The boy and I are heading to Amsterdam for Xmas/NYE. I've been there a few times before, but it's new to him.
        I have read the thread, but if anyone has any new spots to try, I'd love to know them.

Comment

• colin
          • Dec 2006

you can check out the amsterdam light festival

Comment

• jurassicsnark
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by colin View Post
            you can check out the amsterdam light festival
            https://www.amsterdamlightfestival.com/en/
            Thanks, Colin. That is on our list!

Comment

• jurassicsnark
              • Sep 2015

Carmacoma no more...

Just to update the thread, Carmacoma is gone. But SPRMKT is having a HELL of a sale right now.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

...to be honest, I've been to SPRMRKT a couple of times over the last two years I visited the city and has been a major letdown. Not to sound to harsh, but I would avoid spending time going there.

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

Sad to hear Carmacoma is gone, but it doesn't come as a surprise to me.
                  And indeed sprmrkt has been a let down for last couple of years for me as well. I often went home empty handed.
                  Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jurassicsnark View Post
                    Just to update the thread, Carmacoma is gone. But SPRMKT is having a HELL of a sale right now.
                    Wow. It was such a cool store - amazing selection. I'm not surprised it's gone. You cannot have a store like that without e-commerce. It's simply impossible today.

Seems like SPRMRKT has been gunning for that younger clientele with less money and get the look mentality that we keep discussing. Again, hard to fault them.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

To add something positive to this thread, I went for dinner during my last visit at this place called 'Wilde Zwijnen'. It's a bit out of the centre (15-20 minutes by tram), but well worth the travel. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Macabre
                        • Nov 2013

looking at their website that looks absolutely great. My only regret from my last visit to amsterdam is that I didn't know enough good restaurants.
                        "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                          • Jan 2011

Aside from shopping and dining, what about a nice walk?

If you are into (in particular dutch) contemporary architecture (like mvrdv, oma, benthem crouwel etc.) and have half a day off, I can suggest taking a walk through the eastern docks. It’s mostly residential architecture and a nice contrast to the pittoresque city centre. I’d start at Azartplein (Tram 10) on KNSM eiland, would then walk the bridge and just stroll around. Some hours later, I’d grab a beer at the Brewery "Brouwerij t'IJ".

I found the city centre to be quite unbearably full of tourists and people, especially on weekends. So it's nice to have a street almost all for yourself.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                            Aside from shopping and dining, what about a nice walk?
                            Thanks for the tip! We are actually home now, but we did do a lot of strolling about, though we didn't make it to that side of town. We stayed in the De Pijp, and we found that if we stayed off of the main streets, it was very quiet indeed.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                              Sad to hear Carmacoma is gone, but it doesn't come as a surprise to me.
                              And indeed sprmrkt has been a let down for last couple of years for me as well. I often went home empty handed.
                              We picked up a few things — some Lost & Found at SPRMKT, an Ann D waistcoat at VanRavenstein (I am female), and a cool piece from Masnada at Ultraviolet. Though, if we're being honest, most of our haul on this trip was books.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                                To add something positive to this thread, I went for dinner during my last visit at this place called 'Wilde Zwijnen'. It's a bit out of the centre (15-20 minutes by tram), but well worth the travel. Highly recommended.
                                Oh, this looks great. Unfortunately, we're already back, but I have added it tot he list for future trips. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎