• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
    I might have been lucky with who I spoke to, one time I spent a while chatting to a guy studying at LCF who was working there on Saturday's, and the last time I went in there it was one of the junior staff members I think who was pretty helpful. I think I spoke to the owner one time too and he was nice enough, said I was 'fucking crazy' to buy through forums like this even though it was the only place to source a lot of stuff. I've not been to too many equivalent stores though, went to Atelier last week and the guy in there was really nice (Derek), we found common ground (he'd been to Wales twice) but I guess my opinion might change on Vertice with the more stores I go to
    Gee, I wonder why.

Derek is a great guy.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Gee, I wonder why.

Derek is a great guy.
      Yeh he was great, made my first Atelier experience a really good one.

I'm new to a lot of this but what sort of things can you say that make the people in the library stop you browsing??? Thats crazy???

Comment

• klangspiel
        • Apr 2007

the film festival closes in about 5 days. if anyone is so inclined, here are some highlights to consider for the remaining days:

i) a mark webber curated program of films "people going nowhere",
        which includes the paul harnden / ben rivers flick and a new piece of tscherkassky.

ii) ben russell's let each one go where he may

iii) new james benning, ruhr

iv) edward yang's epic masterpiece, a brighter summer day

v) christi puiu's aurora

vi) new breillat, sleeping beauty

vii) raoul ruiz's mysteries of lisbon

viii) lemmy

ix) three films by nathaniel dorsky
        Everyone is invited – discover the world’s best new films, series and immersive storytelling.

x) alexei popogrebsky's how i ended this summer

xi) new jan svankmajer, surviving life

veiko ounpuu's the temptation of st tony has passed but what a film. surely an auteur to watch for the future.

Comment

• huskiesonice
          • Mar 2008

Damn - I really wanted to see Mysteries of Lisbon, but it looks like there was only one screening, and that was last Saturday.

Anyone seen it? Is it as good as people say?

A word on London - I see the Library has taken a bit of stick, but to be honest most London shops are full of snotty, arrogant staff, even (especially?) the shops selling high end stuff. The plus points of the Library is that their Sale is good, and they don't just stock S, XS and XXS sizes.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by huskiesonice View Post
            they don't just stock S, XS and XXS sizes.

Please tell me where these stores are! They only time I've been to a shop with primarily XXS, XS and S is in Tokyo. If I'm "lucky" I can find one or two XS items in a store full of S, M, L, XL and XXL. This has been my experience in the US, the UK and several countries in Europe.
            THE HOUSE OF DIS
            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

What's the best deal for a prepaid SIM card in England?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyslave
                • Jun 2010

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ this looks great, thanks! how is their coverage in London?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyslave
                    • Jun 2010

They use the O2 network so the reception should be fine.

Not currently using it as i have a month left on a contract, but i will be changing over then as they have no fair usage policy for the Internet.

Comment

• Slangking
                      • Nov 2010

Does anyone know if there is somewhere like Ragtag in London that sells Ann D, LUC, MA+ etc? If there isn't somewhere like that, do you think a shop like Ragtag could work in London?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

all you had to do was have a peruse through the past couple of pages my pedigree chum, and all your questions would have been answered.
                        To start you off,....Layers on Conduit Street and Hostem on Redchurch Street, are your two best options.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Slangking
                          • Nov 2010

Thanks. Yes I know those stores. Purchased my first item from Layers last week ;) What I meant was is there a store that sells pre-owned items in London like Ragtag in Tokyo does?

Comment

• seenmy
                            • May 2009

berwick street has a few stores that sell second hand designer and there are one or 2 in notting hill i think,not on the scale of tokyo as its not really part of the retail culture in europe.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Slangking View Post
                              Thanks. Yes I know those stores. Purchased my first item from Layers last week ;) What I meant was is there a store that sells pre-owned items in London like Ragtag in Tokyo does?

As seenmy said there is Bang Bang on berwick st, where you can find a few gems in there at times (old raf, mcqueen, and last time i checked a shit load of jw anderson).
                              There is a much wider selection of second hand pieces at a few stores at the top of nottinghill.
                              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Slangking
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks guys. I thought that it there might be something that's not so big here in the uk. As I like to be able to touch and try on items before buying, I'm reluctant to buy pre-owned items off the interweb. I wish I had more money to be able to buy the beautiful stuff i see in places like Layers and Hostem. There is so much temptation in London now. It's great!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎