Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TadaoAndo
    • Jun 2010

If you're in London this summer don't forget to check out the Margiela exhibit at Somerset House.

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap to stay i London? I'm staying for about a week and wont be 'home' much at all. I just need a place to have my luggage and maybe sleep a couple of nights, so I don't care if it's crappy, as long as I don't get my stuff stolen. Location is also pretty important, as I don't want to spend too much time on transportation. Any recommendations would be very appreciated. :-)

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

Ledger ->
        I must confess I don't understand your question. I just want to have a room as cheap as possible, as I probably wont use it much anyway, if at all.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ledger
          Enders place sounds good...^.

In all seriousness where do you want to be if you don't want to spend too much on travel?
          in the buckingham palace, enjoying a cup'o'tea with her majesty.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by HWith View Post
            Ledger ->
            I must confess I don't understand your question. I just want to have a room as cheap as possible, as I probably wont use it much anyway, if at all.
            i think there's a website you can search for people with couches you can sleep on. i heard about it when the volcano disrupted air traffic but i can't remember the site..

or

youth hostel

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              i think there's a website you can search for people with couches you can sleep on.
              http://www.couchsurfing.org ?
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

there you go..

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

My London Retail Wrap-up...

Do's & Dont's of London Shopping

Dover St. Market - Always a winner, if nothing else just for the experience, no other retail experience like it out there. Always evolving; even in the span of less than a week, between my two visits. Tons of labels in store, but I enjoy seeing all the CdG lines & collaborations the most. Nice for a quick lunch as well. GO!

Rick Owens - Of the three Rick Stores I have visited, this was certainly my favorite. The area itself is quite something, Rolls and Ferraris flood the streets as do the Saudi license plates. Inside, a double height space with womens at the entry and mens down below. The stairwells have a phenomenological touch adorned with leather covered floors and banisters, as well as a plaster wall treatment that resembles the shaggy blistered leather he did back in Stag on his footwear. Downstairs is a large well lit space, the environment is very calm and relaxed. Best part of course is the stock, every single piece from the collection on display [and if you don't see what you want, chances are its in the back]. Staff was super friendly and helpful, definitely the best environment I've come across to fulfill my Rick needs. GO!

Browns - Funny I expect nothing from this place, maybe it had something to do with there awful email newsletters. But what can I say, had a great experience. Best service in all of London: friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Stock is quite small, but bought well, at least in regards to Rick and the general Browns customer. Downstairs is quite small and broken down into individual rooms, upstairs is relaxed, with a very home-like feel with the clothing around the edges of the room and couches in the middle. Best part, service without a doubt. Worth a stop.

Vertice - Uhhh where to begin...another double height store with the italian dsquared balmain crowd at the entry and the SZ stuff downstairs. Each floor has one large rack running the length of the store, with everything mixed in. The store was filled with sales staff, all of which looked very business doing nothing and when questioned about an item were beyond clueless. Also none of the stock is priced, which means I am forced to ask this useless sales person each time, to which he shoots off some strangely high price, then later has to run upstairs and ask..for each and every piece... The owner also makes a less than convincing appearance, wearing an American Eagle varsity shirt with LUC jeans [which I threw up a little in my mouth at the site of]. Overall the whole experience left me feeling dirty, and leaving no chance in hell for my business or my return.. PASS!

Liberty - A lifestyle shop, so its quite large [about the size of a Barneys] Mens is in the basement. With a decent selection of brands and stock, all separated from one another and labeled [like Barneys], but so so boring. Didn't seem to matter what brand you were looking at, it all seemed to equal black suit jackets and pants. A place to take grandma....Meh. Pretty forgettable. only if you got the time..

Library - Dislike - Minimal stock in anything of interest. Tons of Devoa & Individual Sentiments suiting and coats if that's your thing. Bigger sizing. Layout of the store is totally illogical, with minimal display space and awkward spaces throughout the whole store. The staff is another story: totally rude and without a clue, a jeans and tee shirt crowd. But worst of all is the owner, complete fucking tool..and for that reason and that reason alone I will never go back or buy from this store again! Place is for footballers, no idea how the manage to remain as a Carol stockist...most definitely Avoid at all costs!

Hostem - A bit out the way in the east, away from the rest of the lot. While being a smaller space, the interior aesthetics are really fitting [almost reminiscent of Lift Tokyo] with old wood floors, old [sort of surreal] fixtures, and walls adorned in textiles resembling the inside of an old tent. Inside it is jam packed with a great selection of the brands we know and love, all seeming to fit in with the feel of the place very well. The buys were surprisingly adventurous and we done, with some great exclusive pieces. The owner James was a great host, treating us like guests in his house, full of knowledge and general excitement about the clothes in the shop. The shop was the perfect environment, very much a holistic visceral experience, which all seemed in perfect harmony. Loved this store, would happily spend my dollars [or pounds i mean] here any day. GO!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for the rundown, andrew. Never heard of Hostem. Seems like nothing has changed for the rest.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Thanks for the rundown, andrew. Never heard of Hostem. Seems like nothing has changed for the rest.
                      here is a nice little write up I found..

COOL HUNTING™ uncovers the latest intersections of design, culture and technology. Curiosity fuels our ongoing quest for the discovery of true inspiration.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

James of Hostem is also the owner of Heartless. Great little space, good balance and selection of designers and pieces, and james and darren are really really nice blokes.

As for the others....hit the nail on the head. Every time i have gone in the Library i have never felt comfortable. The only exception is when the young chinese guy Tony was working. Very chirpy and friendly. As for the others...grumpy c*nts.

The guys in browns are always a pleasure to talk to, and rather knowledgable on their product. Pierre and Habib are very cool guys and very polite and helpful.
                        Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 10-02-2010, 06:48 AM.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          HOSTEM
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

surprised to hear you disliked the Library so much. then again, everytime I've been there I've dealt with Tony who is a cool guy. their lineup has always been somewhat strange, though.

Hostem is fairly new, another store with a somewhat unusual lineup of designers, the space looks great.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Interesting. Something to check out when I go visit mrbeyus. Actually, I've never had a good experience at Browns, and agree that Tony was nice to deal with and the rest of the team are not.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎