X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ah, good to know. No need tot trek to dalston then.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

thanks for the heads up gents, unless it reopens by Thanksgivings I guess it's off the cards.

managed to snag a reservation for Dinner by Heston so that's food wankery sorted, any recommendations for interesting places to try? I'm a sucker for small plates/tapas (particularly if they have a Thai or Korean influence) but will eat pretty much anything if it's tasty.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Nopi.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Nopi is fantastic. Jin kichi for Japanese. Duck&Waffle for the view. Adam&Eve in Homerton for a Sunday roast. Still love L'Atelier.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

Couldn't agree with you more for the last three.
            Personally after the posh food i still love going to china town in the afternoon for great cheap dim sum.
            Otherwise Hakasan still hits the spot for me... but i don't go enough, when i do i wish i went more often.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              The London store is currently closed for refurbishment and is scheduled to reopen later this year.
              is this really true though? i thought they re-did the store just last year. it seems to me like the physical store (and all the ludicrous things going on inside it) was just one big money pit, so why would the new owners even consider re-opening it...?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                is this really true though? i thought they re-did the store just last year. it seems to me like the physical store (and all the ludicrous things going on inside it) was just one big money pit, so why would the new owners even consider re-opening it...?
                Guess I should have put quotation marks around it. This was copied from the ln-cc site. I drove past it the other day and noticed the "sign" was gone, so who knows, maybe it is closed for good.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                  Otherwise Hakasan still hits the spot for me... but i don't go enough, when i do i wish i went more often.
                  me too, first time I went was 15 years ago and I try to go every time I'm in London (also my wife's favourite restaurant anywhere)
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• xeraphim
                    • Nov 2008

speaking of hakkasan, have any of you been to hkk yet?

Comment

• jumpoff
                      • Jan 2008

I would skip Joel Robuchon. While obviously good, it offers little value for money in my opinion and there are more interesting options in London.

Some of my recent favourites:

If you like Asian small plates, Koya is an excellent Japanese option. If you are two, get four dishes from the daily sepcials blackboard and share. Barrafina on the same block is an excellent tapas place, but you would have to queue usually.

For modern British, the Clove Club is great, albeit pricey. Lyle's is a great, cheaper option both for lunch and the set dinner. Quality Chop House in Farringdon does great game.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        Guess I should have put quotation marks around it. This was copied from the ln-cc site. I drove past it the other day and noticed the "sign" was gone, so who knows, maybe it is closed for good.
                        yeah i've seen that too. i just happen to think it's PR spin, to help ween customers off the physical ln-cc experience, and make the near collapse of the business seem less dramatic than it was.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                          For modern British, the Clove Club is great, albeit pricey
                          Completely forgot ( probably because it's 20 yards from me). Fantastic food. And i don't actually find it that pricey for what you get.

Comment

• jumpoff
                            • Jan 2008

^ I've only been for lunch and while the food was excellent (up there with the best I've had in London), the portions were miniscule. From what I've heard from others, dinner offers better value for money though.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Do you still go to Brawn, Mr. Beuys? I don't think I've had such a meat overload since I've stopped going to Russian restaurants. Was all fantastic, of course.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Do you still go to Brawn, Mr. Beuys? I don't think I've had such a meat overload since I've stopped going to Russian restaurants. Was all fantastic, of course.
                                Not been for a long time... you have to be in the mood for that. I will take you to Clove Club next time you're here. I think you would like it.
                                Then again, one of my producers just came back from NYC and we both agreed it's hard to get bad food in NY, much easier here...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎