Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Umami
    • Sep 2010

Library did put CCP on sales. last summer a lot of boots from 2009 season half price
    Last edited by Faust; 10-02-2010, 08:22 AM. Reason: no reason to quote the long post

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

Not so much that i dislike it. I just find the atmosphere to be a bit cold.
      There are often some interesting pieces in there.

Hostem is a great little space, the brands are divided between 2 rooms, with a 3rd soon to open i think.
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        surprised to hear you disliked the Library so much. then again, everytime I've been there I've dealt with Tony who is a cool guy. their lineup has always been somewhat strange, though.

Hostem is fairly new, another store with a somewhat unusual lineup of designers, the space looks great.
        Tony is nice enough, but I'm rarely convinced by a blue jeans and tee sales person...I mean if you don't practice what you preach..who are you tryin to kid..

The owner is a real piece of work, I wont repeat what he said. But he certainly lost some permanent business with couple of Londoners i was with...not a smart move

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Did happen to be the actual owner or the manger??
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

My ideal retail experience is one where I'm left the hell alone unless I ask otherwise.

Going by that, I suppose the best experience was at Dover Street Market and Yohji Yamamoto, although there's no way in hell I'd ever buy the latter anywhere but Japan. I felt claustrophobic & uncomfortable in Browns every time. Didn't get bad vibes from the Library then again I was just dipping in and out after trying on a jacket out of curiosity; the shop has a very weird mix to say the least. Liberty's buy is very very boring, it's the Lane Crawford of London - decent brands stocked, most boring possible combination of clothes from the collection.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Umami
              • Sep 2010

I think Liberty's women's wear buying is much better than the menwears buying. End of season sales in Liberty is really generous, most of the items 75% off, Including many items from Ann D and Ricks.

Comment

• Mmm2108
                • Oct 2010

Any James Blunt fan around here?

he's just announced new UK tour next year, 27, 28th of FEB in London, anyone going?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Mate, if there are any James Blunt fans here apart from you, I am deleting my sz account...
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                    • Jan 2010

I would say Vertice is worth a visit if you are heading to Browns as its practically next door. The stock is pretty limited (all horrible upstairs) but they had some good stuff when I went a month or so ago, and their mail order service is pretty easy to work with. I also find the guys in there pretty easy to talk to/no pressure etc...

If you're going to Browns, don't forget to go into the labels for less store across the road, I got a pair of Dries work trousers 80% off and an MMM suit 50% off there very recently - there are some good bargains.

Echo the sentiments about the library, as well as unwelcoming staff, its always really warm in there so you just want to get out of there asap.

Had never heard of Hostem so I'll check that out

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
                      I also find the guys in there pretty easy to talk to/no pressure etc...
                      really?

the 3-4 times I've gone there I've found the service terrible. the SA barely greeted me and stayed at a rather uncomfortable distance, about 3ft away from me at all times.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

really?

the 3-4 times I've gone there I've found the service terrible. the SA barely greeted me and stayed at a rather uncomfortable distance, about 3ft away from me at all times.
                        we'll thats because he was intimidated by your style
                        he was caught between wondering if he should be paying you for style tips or selling you something...................
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

A bit surprised at how negative the Library comments are. Like others I dealt with with Tony and he is extremely helpful, and very pleasant. The other guys there are ok, some are also perfectly pleasant, others just normal shop assistants (i.e. vacant and pretty thick). They do wear jeans and t shirts though. Having said that I've had some pretty clueless (utterly clueless in fact) and very aggressive treatment in L'Eclaireur. Very few people know as much about these types of clothes as the people on sz, even those whose job it is to sell them.

Generally, in my experience, London "upmarket" shops are terrible for service. The department stores are utterly unbearable, especially Selfridges.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            A bit surprised at how negative the Library comments are. Like others I dealt with with Tony and he is extremely helpful, and very pleasant. The other guys there are ok, some are also perfectly pleasant, others just normal shop assistants (i.e. vacant and pretty thick). They do wear jeans and t shirts though. Having said that I've had some pretty clueless (utterly clueless in fact) and very aggressive treatment in L'Eclaireur. Very few people know as much about these types of clothes as the people on sz, even those whose job it is to sell them.
                            well, there you go, maybe the stores should seek to hire people who are only members of SZ, they would have better buys and better sell through of their stock
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Mikevigar
                              • Jan 2010

really?

I might have been lucky with who I spoke to, one time I spent a while chatting to a guy studying at LCF who was working there on Saturday's, and the last time I went in there it was one of the junior staff members I think who was pretty helpful. I think I spoke to the owner one time too and he was nice enough, said I was 'fucking crazy' to buy through forums like this even though it was the only place to source a lot of stuff. I've not been to too many equivalent stores though, went to Atelier last week and the guy in there was really nice (Derek), we found common ground (he'd been to Wales twice) but I guess my opinion might change on Vertice with the more stores I go to

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

I loved DSM and Hostem.

Library and Vertice were a joke. I think I was actually laughing WHILE in Vertice. Library's stock was OK, but after about 30 seconds the owner made a dickhead comment, and after that Andrew wouldn't even let me finish browsing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎