• Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

Neil Barrett F/W 2010

• CommieRabbit
    • Oct 2007

guh, there's some serious Lang going on the later end of the collection

I never really understood Neil Barrett. It's not bad but never really that good either. And whatever may look interesting end up with too many off-putting details or design choices that become apparent when I handle it in a store.

I guess it's never really offensive design-wise, so at least it has that going for it... i guess...

As for this collection; it's alright. The only pieces that really stick out for me are the duo-tone trenches and a couple others. Meh.

Comment

• Pinoy
      • Dec 2006

decent but nothing inspiring. is NB showing both mens and womens at the same time a recent development? in any case.. both collections were quite derivative IMO. First impressions were that the womens felt like demeulemeester and the mens felt like a mish mash of designers (old helmut, raf, etc)

Comment

• nutty07
        • Jul 2008

I think now Neil used 2 tones as his selling point. But it is not bad, isn't it. It is easier to wear for both formal and casual.

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

leather pants tux
          WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
            guh, there's some serious Lang going on the later end of the collection

I never really understood Neil Barrett. It's not bad but never really that good either. And whatever may look interesting end up with too many off-putting details or design choices that become apparent when I handle it in a store.

I guess it's never really offensive design-wise, so at least it has that going for it... i guess...

As for this collection; it's alright. The only pieces that really stick out for me are the duo-tone trenches and a couple others. Meh.
            my sentiments exactly! still, this is not bad...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              my sentiments exactly! still, this is not bad...
              yes, exactly. neil makes solid clothes, but that's all. at that price, i would much rather buy something else though, and i feel everyone on sz agrees with my on that point. it always feels like a more 'conservative' and 'play if safe' version of rick for say. can be looked at another angle, like a more expensive version of let's say diesel or something as well lol
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• TarHeart
                • Jun 2009

I get really uninspired when I see this. You know that great feeling of watching a collection, and you can really feel the creative energy and the beauty of it, this is like that... but the right opposite feeling.

I totaly agree with CommieRabbit and Pinoy. This is like a mediocre version of old Lang and Simons.

It's black, grey, dull, un-original, uninspiring, ugly.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

As a collection, it is dull. I really like the shape of the basic black leather boots though, and given that his boots retail around $500 still, I'm not going to complain.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

I think it's pretty solid overall for what it is. I feel old Helmut being channeled as well as older Raf, which I don't mind.

I don't know if those shapes on the jackets are pins but didn't Raf do that very thing a few seasons back? It could be more of an applique than a set of covered pins but still...

Solid but not too creative. Which is kind of what one expects from Neil Barrett.
                    Although I will say that his tailoring is very impressive in my experience. Most of his suits seem cut and sewn really well.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• comex9
                      • Jan 2009

I have to get my eyes checked. I see spots on some of these outfits!

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

I love the coat on pic no4, pants on no6, the shoes, and maybe a two-tone coat. I think everything else is losing out to competition. I'm sure there will be a commercial success though, the pieces are very easy to wear and integrate.

Comment

• comex9
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                          leather pants tux
                          condom pants

Comment

• desoloSOS
                            • Jan 2010

excellent collection. i love the basic colors and punk undertones in the cuts. those spots on the earlier garments are very reminiscent of punk buttons. the womens boots look great but i must wonder why they are not closed toed in a cooler weather collection. either way, i would not mind having a good portion of these pieces.

Comment

• comex9
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by merz
                              what is it with all the open-toe boots in winter collections.

are you talking for men or women...

I was thinking about the open toe shoe/sandalfrom guidi or augusta, don't remember which, and a salesman from A talked me out of it... go with sandals even in winter time :)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎