X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ he clearly has his home country in mind.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

I guess someone at McQ hired a really good digital print designer and they called it a day.

Feels like a rehash of his own stuff. Although, I love interesting prints, and these definitely are exciting.

Comment

• TarHeart
        • Jun 2009

All of the prints are making me dizzy. This collection certainly has the McQueen-madness-feel over it, I like that. It's not wearable at all, but as runway fashion regarded, it is interesting.

A little bit monotone though.

Comment

• XenoX101
          • Dec 2008

Where's the model in this one?

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

i'm sorry but i hate this. his menswear just blows.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              i'm sorry but i hate this. his menswear just blows.
              You know what, I might have to concede to this point as much as I try to like it, because he does interesting things with womenswear and from the interviews I read with him he seems like a pretty solid, grounded bloke...

His tailoring skills are often praised and while I don't doubt that, I have an issue with charging the kind of prices he does for fused suits/jackets/tuxedos that aren't particularly distinguishable from European housed-alternatives that do the tradition more dignity in terms of their composition. Other than getting the likes of Beckham and Take That circa 2010 to wear it, I'm struggling to see what AM mens has going for itself. I remember a GQ profile from about 2004 when he was relaunching the mens that he half-jokingly said something to the effect of, how he dabbled in menswear in the 90s and realized the only hype it was getting was from the likes of Robbie Williams, and how things like that made him reconsider what he was doing. Think it's time he revisited his words!
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                Although, I love interesting prints, and these definitely are exciting.
                Will say that he does this best with the shirting...i really liked the pink flamingos shirt from a few springs back.
                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• XenoX101
                  • Dec 2008

It's almost as if the emphasis on print was an attempt to hide the otherwise uninspired clothes, which would be a pretty amateur move. Aside from the prints this bores me.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by XenoX101 View Post
                    It's almost as if the emphasis on print was an attempt to hide the otherwise uninspired clothes, which would be a pretty amateur move. Can't say I'm a fan of this at all.
                    yeah that could be a fair observation. if you've followed his jackets in person over the seasons, they feel stiff without being solid.
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• endtroducing
                      • Aug 2008

I have to say that seeing the runway pics was awful. I thought this was really bad... But the showroom was a completely different story... I cant fathom why they would present the runway like that - the suiting is gorgeous... And the majority of it isnt printed. The jackets are all fully canvased and articulated at the elbow. There is a new pant that is incredible - articulated at the knee, 17cm with a woven detailing on the sides (a new version of the brands classic D-Ring trouser); it wears like a sweatpant that is a formal trouser (obviously depending on what fabrication you buy it in). The jacquards are really well done and set in wool instead of all silk like the last falls blood flowers stuff. This is one of the best collections of his Ive seen. I just can't get over how unattractive a prospect the presentation made it seem or why they would shoot themselves in the foot like that. The knits (which weren't shown at all) are the best part - trashed, torn, fucked up and in good colours. His penchant to do good pieces in shit colourways seems to have thankfully lost itself this time around. The new "McQueen Shoulder" is really wonderful and especially successful on the top coats. Just a suggestion that you have a look in the shop on this one...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎