Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Thanks Lowrey the new Scoute watermark is much more attractive. Thanks HL :) really appreciated!

Can't say much because I'm on my phone but the rider doesn't look as slim fitting. Where is the Jut :|
    WTB: This

Comment

• Tyro
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
      Where is the Jut :|
      is it the jacket in the first pic of Heirloom's favourites?

Comment

• fenrost
        Banned
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Macro View Post
        am I the only one who thinks this is collection is pretty ridiculous? It looks like the rejects from the Matrix goth club scene. I love Julius, but I upon first look i'm having some trouble here.
        same boat as you. love julius. this collection as a whole are not as exciting as the aw09, imo.

personally, i am beginning to feel tired of the goth theme.

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

Macro I have to say i have never been a fan of julius, this ain't converting me. Overstyled. I guess with growth of rick and the other brands that fall into the goth ninja, glunge category, these designers seem to have forgotten any traditionalism in clothing, but i guess the ma line could be ok. Trashy is the word that comes to mind with this.

It just seems to be far widely based on Industrialism and darkness.
          For me the problem with julius is i don't see any point in the design, no real message.

Comment

• fenrost
            Banned
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            For me the problem with julius is i don't see any point in the design, no real message.
            maybe for specific markets, who can relate to this label - that youthful aggression etc.

however, i am still looking forward to see the individual pieces.

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

I just realised these 2 are different jackets, strange that they made 2 so similar in the one collection.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

top one has a plain mandarin collar and raglan sleeves while the bottom jacket is a moto collar with regular shoulders, most likely made from different leathers too.

can't see any individual pieces in this collection I'd be inclined to purchase (the leather arm warmers are sick though) but as always look forward to getting a closer look at the items themselves as I'm sure there are some solid pieces.

Comment

• jcotteri
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Tyro View Post
                  is it the jacket in the first pic of Heirloom's favourites?
                  Yep I saw that later but got a phonecall

I want to see some more images of the Jut If that one is the Jut which it certainly appears to be. It seems to be lacking the two right hand side small zips on the breast, the left hand side zip appears to be higher and could possibly have some different seam work unless that is creases in the leather. Looks very minimalist..

Those pants look great in that top image you have posted Raw.
                  WTB: This

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                    Macro I have to say i have never been a fan of julius, this ain't converting me. Overstyled. I guess with growth of rick and the other brands that fall into the goth ninja, glunge category, these designers seem to have forgotten any traditionalism in clothing, but i guess the ma line could be ok. Trashy is the word that comes to mind with this.

I've always interpreted the message as one of pain and despair. That is consistent across the collections I think.

As far as this collection goes, I'm not blown away. I agree that it's overstyled. I know the theme was gothic, but it seems to ram itself down the audience's throats with a quite literal interpretation. Sometimes it can be a bit much. That said, I do see some appealing pieces in the visual overload, but it is still overload.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• croatoan
                      • Jul 2007

In the case of Julius, I always greatly appreciate what most would call overstyling. I am sick of sorry excuses for runway shows where the extent of the styling is a necklace or a tank top poking out from underneath a t-shirt. The imagination is lost and I think the fine tuning of Julius runway shows is a return to the artistry.
                      Last edited by croatoan; 01-22-2010, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Croatoan, I see your point, but this presentation is quite extravagant even for Julius, wouldn't you agree?

Comment

• editevening
                          • Nov 2008

It could just be that we're not seeing the whole collection presented as if you were in attendance, but this doesn't look very cohesive or even styled very well.
                          #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                            • Aug 2009

goth_ik

Yeah, I can see the goth. :)
                            I think I even saw almost a full-lenght coat, I like it.
                            Man, everything else works, except the high/wide boots.

I need to get my hands on the skinny cargos...
                            modern man

Comment

• croatoan
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                              Croatoan, I see your point, but this presentation is quite extravagant even for Julius, wouldn't you agree?
                              Oh it is totally over the top, but in what other situation are you going to see such a full spectrum of possibilities [whether practical or not] in the clothing?

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

In an editorial maybe. But I see what you're getting at. It's still a bit much for me, but now I can see how someone like you could appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎