• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
    Just posted the first ones because I did not know how long it would take before the catwalking ones where up. Removed them and I moved the catwalking.com ones up as well.
    thanks

here are my shots, 70+ including details etc: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=466

few picks:

loved this look

at first I thought this was kind of meh, but now its fuck yes!

nasa space blanket ninja snow warrior
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

Here are a few more pictures from Olivier Zahm's website. It seems like he sat in the first row, they're quite close up and show the fabrics well.

Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Sion
        • Mar 2009

I think this look is awesome

I want that coat.

Comment

• cuddly
          • Sep 2007

alot more muted colors,not as black.dont know how i feel about much use of tan/brown. tayloring has some yohji look to it on some.collection feels a little incomplete..looking forward to see pieces that didn't make the runway.

want to get a closer look at this wedge boot.looks similar to what he already made for womens

my new screensaver.
          he who wears this jacket.controls the universe. lizard king. wow

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

He wants everyone to know he's been working really hard at the tailoring. Seriously though, I like some of the looks with long coats and knits, as well as some of the wrap pieces. I need to take a closer look before I offer any proper ananlysis.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

Rick's dick flaps keep getting longer and longer. I wonder what they're hiding...

Great collection.
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                • Oct 2008

I like the colors a lot, a return to form and a vast improvement over crust in that respect.
                But the clothes themselves remind me just enough of dustulator to demonstrate how much rick owens as a designer and myself (mostly as consumer, but also as an admirer of his work) have grown apart. I'm not sure which party has changed more; to the uninitiated eye, neither has and maybe that's the problem. I do like to wear turtlenecks though, so there's always that.
                Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
                  ...the clothes themselves remind me just enough of dustulator...
                  My first thought. I think there will be a lot to like and I really love the fact he's moving away from the space basketball look, not sure this is hitting it right on the spot, but a really good effort. More thoughts once I have had a moment with it.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

I am sure there will be still a lot of regular stuff we are used to in the stores with slightly watered down versions of some of these pieces.

I love the color pallet and use of fabrics , Cashmere crop pants, textured jackets a la LUC , Raw silk on the coats

Rick seems to be expanding his mind and growing really well love the hits dont mind so much the misses!

Comment

• thaiison
                      • Dec 2009

love that first shot from the runway lowrey

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Great shots from Lowrey, as usual. Definitely get the full impact of the outfits as well as the individual details.
                        I feel like it's a job very well done. Rick continues to move forward with exquisite details and strong silhouettes without moving too far from what he is known for and what we expect.

I echo the comments about never being able to wear (or likely afford) the skin and fur pieces. But I can definitely appreciate them as part of the overall picture for the line and feel that they work well with the other fabrics and textures.

Not a lot here that I feel like I couldn't live without but it's an amazing showing...the fabrics look rich and classic, the shapes are crisp without seeming too stiff...I guess just the overall structure of most of the line really impresses me.
                        I think Rick builds outfits the way that a naturally talented graphic designer brings elements together on a page. The layers seem to hit at just the right spots to break up the textures, there's a strong feeling of cohesion without monotony. And I even like the shift into the beiges, less dark shadowy and lighter fabrics, especially in light of the rich textures they display.

Even though there is less in this line that I would wear, I feel like it's a much more solid, cohesive (mature, maybe?) showing than FW09.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

glad he did a show sans trainers...

very much not glad he did a show with so much... reptilia

i'm sure the show was light on leathers as he doesn't need to show those to sell them (as with the trainers)

i'm interested to see some of the knits in person, as with some of the pants, but overall this gets a big WTF from me and makes me want to run out and buy all the good rick in store before it's gone until s/s 2011

-

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

well said beardown, pretty much what I was thinking.

now the only thing I can't stomach is the golden top that looks like it was stolen from a 16 year old girl trying desperately to get into a nightclub on a thursday.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

same here - beardown nailed it.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                                Here are a few more pictures from Olivier Zahm's website. It seems like he sat in the first row, they're quite close up and show the fabrics well.

http://galleries.purple-diary.com/ta...ction-jan-2010
                                where did you expect him to sit?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎