X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I want this. Damn. Can't wait to try it on tomorrow. Dubrovsky steez.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• creature atelier
      • Mar 2009

There of course will be many more leathers in the showroom. I'm actually pleased he is not showing so many you can see that when you do your pre ordering on oki -ni or Luisaviaroma. It's a show so Rick is giving it!! No one is creating shapes or moods like Rick is, I like the fantasy coming to reality It was futuristic and primative all wrapped in one, to be a creature and the androgynous element gives great modernity. I feel he needs to go this direction, as so many other fashion houses are creating garments very derivative of his style. Although Rick is becoming very popular he always creates that distance and those who get it, go for it. It's also nice to see elements from the womenswear sneek over, with the turbo wedge and the longer knits as he showed for ss2010 womens. There is a bit of Michelle Lamy in this i.e all the skins and fur, which btw doing fur and skins for men is always tricky and comes out pimpish or tacky, but with Rick it's just strong.
      All in all I loved it and am glad there is something in fashion for me to get excited and challenged about. Well done Rick!!!

Comment

• Silk
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ahlefeldt View Post

These two guys creeps me out.
        lol I was gonna comment, but all I know is I would be scared If I seen the first guy in that outfit out in public

Comment

• cuddly
          • Sep 2007

is the video of the show out yet?

Comment

• editevening
            • Nov 2008

i dont see anything on youtube or vimeo yet.
            #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• tricotineacetat
              • Aug 2009

am going to see the collection in the showroom today - from first glance, i'm thinking this is a nice and also necessary step forward to keep an element of the unexpected.

they're unlikely to abandon the popular leather jacket styles such as the mollino or the intarsia, but i'm happy for the new layering pieces, such as the sleeveless cable knit tuniques with sculptural kangaroo pockets and even the stand collar backless vests that I think would look just as great worn over his classic longsleeves (really love how they styled the black leather ones under the blazers). compared to last season's decadent silks, i'm however not too crazy for the glitter-y fabrics of this collection, as well as those coats that look like corduroy denim jackets with attached skirt layer... those slightly military-esque, belted stand collar coats and jackets however...

Comment

he just gets better and better. i like the departure from the black, with the scandinavian design colour scheme. i need more wedges. love the beige suede ones. and that nasa snow warrior wrap coat is mine already. the art deco knits are amazing. monumental, dynamic. i'd use this in kubricks 2001 if it was going to be filmed today.

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                  • Aug 2009

Fur

Fur. Love it 'cause it feels so good. He seems to like it quite a lot.
                  Rick looking very rich.
                  Some of the blazers and whatnot seem to have a great shoulder construction/deconstruction, more 'natural' shoulder line.
                  Yeah, good vibes except the footwear.
                  modern man

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

this was, as others said, not what I expected from Rick. but for me I think that's a good thing. this shows that he can move on with his designs, and not getting stuck in the black leather bicycle gang-thing.

I loved the nasa space blanket ninja snow warrior jacket couldn't see me wearing it, but as a piece, awesome.

also, this jacket seems like a nice take on his earlier leathers, with a nice color. how did the back look like? is it a kind of sherling leather or a wool/filt-like material?

the gloves without fingertips also looks nice.. afraid there's crocpattern on them though.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

^ back was straight and plain. I saw some fur poking out of the collar and sleeves, so I believe its shearling
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

I've waited for over a day now, hoping I will get it. I still don't get the collection as a whole. The beginning is great, the tailored pieces look beautiful, the colours are "refreshing" in the context of other collections and I can imagine myself wearing some pieces. The reptile skin and fur pieces remind me too much of St. Moritz or Kitzbühel "we are different and we can afford it" people (or Kanye) to be able to like it. I respect his desire to be different and try something new under his name (I know he has designed fur in the past), but some outfits look too pimpy and contradict the androgyny of other outfits. Perhaps I should have seen the show in person, I can't wait to see it in motion, the pictures alone leave me disappointed compared to FW 09/11.

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

I think it's his best one yet. It's not only more mature, but also a step ahead of the pack, and colour palette is soo nice, albeit sandy bits are on trend; nothing wrong with it though.

Tailoring is so much better, the coats are amazing. It makes me cry that I don't have means to purchase the whole colelction. I would do it in a heartbeat, including those wedges.

The only thing that I would've left out is the golden top. That was just bizarre. Oh, and the fur pieces, for personal reasons.

Once again superb.

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

I'l agree its better than i expected.
                            Im glad he is moving away from such sportswear, the fabrics look great the colours too.

The only thing i will and would buy is one of the long coats (preferably the knitted one) like someone seam before its slightly LUC but i think in between carols tailoring and labels softer more organic fabric. The colar design and the proportions in the coat are good i like the rounded hem. Right now i want to know the price ?
                            Overall i feel this collection is more subtle and less aggressive only a good thing in my eyes.
                            The gold, fur, crocodile, snakeskin are all ricks elements of fun, otherwise this collection would be too close to be something churned out for a mass market (jil,prada,raf... the browns customer)

My only vice is that rick is so loved any piece i buy from him, i will know others with it and il see it all over the place...waywt. He floods the fashion market which is why i have lost touch with him.
                            People taken on the rick look and i guess i rarely see it out of context, it doesn't mean he is a bad designer. But i see many people wearing it badly, but a few who really wear it great. It is hard when wearing rick to show your own personality because his designs are bold and strong. But with this softer collection and less architectural it has more ability with the pieces on their own and i guess less of a runway look.
                            But maybe this collection is slowly winning me back.

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                              My only vice is that rick is so loved any piece i buy from him, i will know others with it and il see it all over the place...waywt. He floods the fashion market which is why i have lost touch with him.
                              People taken on the rick look and i guess i rarely see it out of context, it doesn't mean he is a bad designer. But i see many people wearing it badly, but a few who really wear it great. It is hard when wearing rick to show your own personality because his designs are bold and strong. But with this softer collection and less architectural it has more ability with the pieces on their own and i guess less of a runway look.
                              But maybe this collection is slowly winning me back.
                              well I suppose it isn't everyone's declared intention to represent their personality with the way they dress. The architectural approach is there because architecture makes stuff work, feeling cozy is your own business but I agree that this is going slowly in the opposite direction.

Comment

• reac99
                                • Sep 2009

Moving on whilst still being Rick, could anyone really ask for anything better or more appropriate? In a time where bandwagon jumping kills everything in fashion, music and when there are so many doing Rick Owens inspired pieces, he did the right thing.

Not too fond of the alligator and python boots. Most impressed with the coats which seem to be a level or so above f/w '09.
                                R76 Travel - Airlines, hotels, guides, news, accessories and everything related…

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎