• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking.

I really think he needs more time to find himself. The whole Dior Homme thing was an experience. In my opinion no good one. But i really hope, that one day, when he's old and grumpy, he'll put some emotions and meaning into his clothes.

This is probably right from a purely merit-based perspective, but KvA's still in business because he makes for good business. I've never seen Dior Homme more visible in the public eye than it is now (A single sight I like as a gauge: the Isetan Tokyo DH stall was buzzing nicely in Hedi's day, now it is practically SWARMING), and KvA's own line is a smash hit here in Asia, they absolutely ADORE him in Japan.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Grazzesto
      • Mar 2010

I own a pair of KVA's twist zip boots and really like them, but this...

I really just don't know. Just not for me.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
        This is probably right from a purely merit-based perspective, but KvA's still in business because he makes for good business. I've never seen Dior Homme more visible in the public eye than it is now (A single sight I like as a gauge: the Isetan Tokyo DH stall was buzzing nicely in Hedi's day, now it is practically SWARMING), and KvA's own line is a smash hit here in Asia, they absolutely ADORE him in Japan.
        You know I had to.

I got the style but not the grace
        I got the clothes but not the face
        I got the bread but not the butter
        I got the window but not the shutter
        But I'm big in Japan I'm big in Japan But heh I'm big in Japan...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jeremydante View Post
          the boots from this collection are super sick.
          I agree, Not into his clothing but he always makes interesting foorwear. But the boots @ 22/28 are awesome!!

I think he needs to stick with only designing footwear
          Grailed link

Comment

• mononon
            • Sep 2009

i don't understand the hate on kris. i think it's mainly due to him taking the spot of hedi, which is an impossible feat. it's obvious he's not groundbreaking or influential, but he does make solid clothes. i would probably tier him with a designer like neil barret, but more refined. it's clear that dior no longer is the 'wow' factor, but one of my favourite dior homme pieces were designed by him in aw08 i believe, the mohair biker/perfecto in the greyish blue colour. sorry if this is irrelevant to this seasons...
            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎