• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Boris Bidjan Saberi Men's FW10 Paris

Saberi presented a combined runway and installation this season, the collection seemed very refined with a lot more tailored pieces and a variety of materials. imo a very good collection, the pieces looked great up close, had his style but looked fresh compared to previous seasons which have been more or less the same.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Apr 2009

Wow. This is looking alot more refined than his last SS collection which i didnt quite get. Designs are maturing, not over the top, and interesting details from what I can see. Shoes on first model looks very ccp?
      Originally posted by dji
      don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I assume they are Augusta like last season. I talked to him briefly after the show but of course forgot to ask..

Comment

• TarHeart
          • Jun 2009

Personally, I think Boris Bidjan Saberi is back on track. Last season was a little bit of a disappointment. I think this is much better. The collection feels much more thorough and well-done.

Only negative is that it seems like a pretty small collection?

Also, I think Boris still have to work more with his own expression. I can see Owens, Doma and Julius. I don't think Boris own vision is strong enough.

Comment

• kofi3159
            • Feb 2009

Compared to last year..
            This collection is much better..
            Looking forward to it

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

+1 on eternal's post. Finally a coat I can imagine myself wearing next winter. Wait! Next winter? Damn. This coat is so beautiful.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                I think Boris still have to work more with his own expression. I can see Owens, Doma and Julius. I don't think Boris own vision is strong enough.
                To be honest I'm getting tired of these comments. If a designer is not Rick, Ann, Damir (who is what, 4 years old?), Horikawa, or Helmut, someone always says, "Well I see -insert one of the aforementioned- not very original." Bloody hell. While that may be the case sometimes, it certainly isn't all the time. And it's not as if Saberi has copied these people throughout his (admittedly few) collections. He has elements unique to himself, which I can see here. People here draw these comparisons far too often, which makes them seem thoughtless, trite, or simply asinine.

More specific to this collection, I like that Saberi has expanded his use of wool ot coats. While I've liked his previous F/W collections, I felt he didn't offer enough for the heart of winter, as his coats are usually too light. I especially like the coat that echoes this season's boiled wool sleeveless wrap.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

very strong collection imo, those coats looks amazing

Thanks A for the posting.
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• Mikael
                    • Feb 2009

Are the clothes on the wood "models" the same than on the real models? Asking because I do not see the bright clothes on the wood
                    -- Mikael

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

little less doma, little more rick.

still won't wear any of it.

-

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                        To be honest I'm getting tired of these comments. If a designer is not Rick, Ann, Damir (who is what, 4 years old?), Horikawa, or Helmut, someone always says, "Well I see -insert one of the aforementioned- not very original." Bloody hell. While that may be the case sometimes, it certainly isn't all the time. And it's not as if Saberi has copied these people throughout his (admittedly few) collections. He has elements unique to himself, which I can see here. People here draw these comparisons far too often, which makes them seem thoughtless, trite, or simply asinine.

More specific to this collection, I like that Saberi has expanded his use of wool ot coats. While I've liked his previous F/W collections, I felt he didn't offer enough for the heart of winter, as his coats are usually too light. I especially like the coat that echoes this season's boiled wool sleeveless wrap.
                        fully agreed. I think it was In Aisce that compared to something like 7 different labels within the first page. I think this collection showed growth through the tailoring and materials, but still had elements typical to him. I don't really see resemblence to Rick, thats like saying every brand on SZ looks the same. as for Doma, they are long time friends and have grown simultaneously as designers, there have always been some overlapping elements or details in their work, but I think both have a very distinct style, especially comparing this seasons shows.

Originally posted by Mikael View Post
                        Are the clothes on the wood "models" the same than on the real models? Asking because I do not see the bright clothes on the wood
                        I believe they were all different looks, thats why there were only about 10 models. I think the collection will be fairly large as usual.

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

I'm glad you got this shot, this jacket was seriously incredible in person.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          This is a good collection and I don't see how the typical Rick/Doma comparison is of value here. There is a definite progression in tailoring, with jackets and pants in heavy, almost formal but slightly raw fabrics, clearly different from the exaggerated camp of Rick and the flowing elegance of Damir.
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• TarHeart
                            • Jun 2009

I'm a big fan of Boris Bidjan Saberi, and I think his earlier collections showed more personality and originality. Which I thought was great.

I didn't want to compare him with before mentioned designers. My intention was not to write him off as a plagiate. I don't think he is doing the same thing. Not at all.

I think every great designer have to be strong in her/his own language. I didn't get the feeling that Boris made his own language strong enough.

Apart from this, I liked the collection very much.

Comment

the more designers you compare him too, the less like each and every one of them he is. I like the felt, the soft lines. my appetite for black will stay unmentioned, but i'd like to see how he masters colour. the only colour i've seen was that horrible lavendar grey that doesnt go with anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎