X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wax
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    I assume they are Augusta like last season. I talked to him briefly after the show but of course forgot to ask..
    From what I can tell these are all BBS. There will be lots of shoes in fw10/fw11.

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post

Only negative is that it seems like a pretty small collection?

Also, I think Boris still have to work more with his own expression. I can see Owens, Doma and Julius. I don't think Boris own vision is strong enough.
    Well the show was small but there are lots of different fabrics, especially on pants and stuff. much more than last seasons. Only leathers are coming short.

Doma and Boris both grew up in the same town, they are close friends so this might explain e of the similarities

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

you're correct, the shoes are his own
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TarHeart
        • Jun 2009

Wax, thank you for the information, I did not know. I think that is interesting.

Comment

• Alesha
          • Apr 2009

Shoes look interesting, did anyone get close ups on them?

Overall the collection looks good to me, particulary some of the pants/shoes.

Liked a few coats/jackets. Can't see much Rick in here.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

I couldn't come up with any close-ups. But here are some images from a different angle. This collection looks so good.

Comment

• Wax
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
              Shoes look interesting, did anyone get close ups on them?

Overall the collection looks good to me, particulary some of the pants/shoes.

Liked a few coats/jackets. Can't see much Rick in here.
              Shoes lookl wonderful. Many of them have zippers, a bit like the "tornado" (?) model from ccp I think, and sidezips. Expect some nice footwear.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                To be honest I'm getting tired of these comments. If a designer is not Rick, Ann, Damir (who is what, 4 years old?), Horikawa, or Helmut, someone always says, "Well I see -insert one of the aforementioned- not very original." Bloody hell. While that may be the case sometimes, it certainly isn't all the time. And it's not as if Saberi has copied these people throughout his (admittedly few) collections. He has elements unique to himself, which I can see here. People here draw these comparisons far too often, which makes them seem thoughtless, trite, or simply asinine.

More specific to this collection, I like that Saberi has expanded his use of wool ot coats. While I've liked his previous F/W collections, I felt he didn't offer enough for the heart of winter, as his coats are usually too light. I especially like the coat that echoes this season's boiled wool sleeveless wrap.
                While that may be the case, the Rick Owens and Damir Doma references are absolutely unmistakable. I hope Boris finds his own voice. I am not discounting this, as I said before in this thread, but there are two types of designers - leaders and followers. At this point, Boris is the latter.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Yeah, there are obvious similarities to Rick and Doma. I see an edge in BBS that I think is a genuine sense of his style. But this collection appears to be more influenced than previous seasons.

Regardless, he's inspired by two designers that I love. Which usually equates to me craving a lot of it.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I understand. I am not against this by any means. Time will show how he develops.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

i guess you have already talked to bbs.and if you did,than you know,that you´re on the wrong track.bbs growed up with dd and they formally wanted to found an own company.ergo they like similiar things and starting creating styles it their own way with their own companys.the strings on the pockets we´re formally not dd´s idea...btw

any designer is able to create absolute something new or unseen.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      While that may be the case, the Rick Owens and Damir Doma references are absolutely unmistakable. I hope Boris finds his own voice. I am not discounting this, as I said before in this thread, but there are two types of designers - leaders and followers. At this point, Boris is the latter.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am talking about now, this moment. Please don't ask me to distrust my own eyes. And, I hope there is a typo in that last sentence you posted...

DD FW 09

BBS FW 10

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Either way, I don't see anything wrong with it. I do think he's doing his own thing. But everyone is influenced by something. And if they grew up together and share similar interests, there are bound to be garments that come out looking alike.
                          I'm a fan of Boris. I own more of his clothing than Doma's. But if someone makes something first and another designer does it later. It's bound to be labeled a copy.

Similar/Copy. Two words that can mean so many things to so many people.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                            • Aug 2009

I wouldn't go as far as to point out particular designers that Boris Bidjan Saberi's work remind me of, but would rather say that I am getting tired of the general consense of an aesthetic vocabulary that a lot of designers discussed and favoured here are championing and that to me are fulfilling some very easy clichés that are happily being adopted by both the die-hard enthusiasts as well as the designers alike (I only see Rick Owens being a step ahead of his audience and therewith being able to surprise and push his aesthetic boundaries forward - Otherwise, these silhouettes by BBS seem disappointingly farmiliar and 'seen-before' without any move forward terms of finishing or craft).

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

My main critique with BBS is the presentation of his clothes. I am 100% sure that the clothes are awesome and if you are in the showroom actually able to try them on.. no doubt it will blow your mind...

But no matter how boris is influenced by or influenced DD. I find his shows and presentations always too overloaded like he's trying to signal multiple things but not really sure what exactly he's focusing on. Still this means that there is better stuff to come collection-wize..

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

This time I have seen 3 pieces in showrooms (not damir or bbs)which were made in totally the same way with wool and destroyed spots in it that I iniially thought that it would be the same piece. I think you have to look further in the specific items, of course there is a kind of overlapping in the aesthetic but most times the construction is so different, take the whole no seam pieces Boris does, they need a helll of work to produce such a piece, whereas a multipatched piece is much easier to make. I honestly don't think that those kind of designers have a pic of the one posted above in their sketching room to copy it...with te exception of Claude maus as we allknow;)
                                seeing Boris and Damir pieces to me there is such a different vibe and feel to it that I don't see it coped from each other
                                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎