Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmmmrk
    • Dec 2009

I think this collection is much closer to what Dior SHOULD be, post Hedi. It obviously won't ever be quite the same, but I feel this is a major improvement on KVA's previous DH collections. With that said, I also thought the entire SS09 current collection(sheer everything) was terrible on the runway, and I recently stopped into the boutique to be quite surprised. There are great fabrics, more drapy/flowing pieces, and a few really stand out garments. Yes, Dior obviously went south and most likely will never reach the ceiling that Hedi once set for them, but I think they're getting better. I've also heard there is no truth to the Gareth Pugh rumor...coming from a direct, pretty substantial source. Time will tell I suppose, but for once, I see pieces on the runway that I'd actually want to see in person...and that is more than can be said for DH lately.

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

I like it a lot.

I'm sure you're all right about brand identity (I was like 14 at Hedi's heyday and can't really comment on his capturing the "zeitgeist" as it were) and all that, and I can't imagine the quality is anywhere near what absurd prices we'll see at Barney's or LVR. However clothing is still sometimes about nice things to wear and look at and this collection does that for me.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Alesha
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
        But I would bet that this is due greatly to Galliano and Christian Dior (women's) rather than van Assche's contributions. It would be interesting to see the sales breakdown by gender.
        CD is always the bigger money maker. Its impossible to see the breakdown into genders as they operate as one company however. But I am quite sure their marketing teams keep DH profitable.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

It's probably fragrances and sunglasses that really keep the ship afloat.
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
            CD is always the bigger money maker. Its impossible to see the breakdown into genders as they operate as one company however. But I am quite sure their marketing teams keep DH profitable.
            It's naive to think that the company does not know the break down of DH's sales vs CD women's clothing just because they operate as one company. Thats like saying Ford Motors does not know the sales of explorers vs fusions

Comment

i must say, that after having read the interview with Asche in Encens, I understand more what this is about, and i really like it.

Comment

• ngoa
                • Oct 2009

i need to stop comparing kva to hedi. i always hope to see the old dior but it wont come back. the style now is to formal for my taste and maybe something you can wear for work. it has some interesting details added to already known but at dior new shapes.

Comment

• TarHeart
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                  It's probably fragrances and sunglasses that really keep the ship afloat.
                  Don't say probably, because it's true. Many major fashion companies make most of their profit from perfumes, not clothes.

Comment

• ngoa
                    • Oct 2009

they spend 1 usd on the ingredients, a lot on advertising and they make a few thousand percents profit on each sold perfume bottle. everyone can afford a little bottle perfume and this way they can own a dior piece ;)

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Fragrances, sunglasses, jeans, sneakers and t-shirts. Can I speak with Mr. Dior please?
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ngoa View Post
                        i need to stop comparing kva to hedi. i always hope to see the old dior but it wont come back. the style now is to formal for my taste and maybe something you can wear for work. it has some interesting details added to already known but at dior new shapes.
                        what the......
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mr.Fox
                          • Sep 2008

In my oppinion thats not too bad. Its not groundbreaking but ok, Ill take a look at the collection when its in stores

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎