Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Thanks Faust that was a pleasantly sad read.
    WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Investigation into causes of death is closed. A very sad article. :(
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

I read it about a week ago, but didnt post, because I was weary afterwards.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

I don't want to take the focus off McQueen for this thread, nor am I trivializing the circumstance, but wasn't what that article said kind of obvious?
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

But now it is official.

Comment

• endtroducing
              • Aug 2008

A new Creative Director was announced today. Her name is Sarah Burton and she has worked with Lee and the brand since college (she assisted his infamous grad collection that Blow bought). Article here:

This was the only reasonable choice, in my opinion. Otherwise... Well...
              It would just cease being McQueen in every way.
              m.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

She was a good friend as well, apparently.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nice to hear!!!

Comment

• endtroducing
                    • Aug 2008

Sarah is awesome.
                    It does tell something that of a 40+ look collection (Fall 2010) Lee only produced 16 looks and Sarah the rest. I am in no way speaking against Lee or what he did for the house; surely, he was the compass. It just puts an interesting perspective on her abilities and the end product she is capable of if she is producing 2/3rds of each collection. I've seen the Mens SS Early Delivery 2011, and it is very solid. The last look is one of the most beautiful tuxedos I have ever seen. And the new trouser from fall that they've carried over into spring (thankfully) is one of the better pair of mens pants that I own. (The articulated trouser - 17.5 cm with articulated knees and knit sides... Sick.)
                    I am still just so sad to know that such a brilliant artist has past. Last fall (the trash collection) was one of the coolest, most intelligent statements made in a long time by a (somewhat) mainstream designer. And this spring...whew...
                    Tremendous.
                    RIP.
                    m.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

McQueen honored in London

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the song chosen makes sense.

Comment

• Celebrating the breathtaking imagination and groundbreaking designs of Lee Alexander McQueen, the latest fashion film by Nick Knight pays tribute to McQueen's sensational creations, stellar career, and most importantly to the man himself. This fashion film tribute, titled 'To Lee, With Love, Nick', will be showcased at the British Fashion Awards and online at SHOWstudio.com tomorrow evening.

Directed by Nick Knight and set to an exclusive soundtrack by Björk, this one-off film features a painstakingly curated selection of landmark McQueen pieces drawn from his sixteen-year career. A tribute to the burning creativity of a designer who undoubtedly ranks as the greatest of his generation, this fashion film is breathtaking, mesmerising and utterly unique - just like McQueen himself.

Founded by Nick Knight, SHOWstudio pushes the boundaries of communicating fashion with live content, innovative collaborations and unique conversations from leading global figures.

Comment

• and the song is beautiful. I love this.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎