X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronin
    Banned
    • Dec 2009

Holy shit. I've always deeply respected and loved his work. I'll miss him a lot, he's one of my favourite designers. Despite the diffusion line, despite his menswear which I could not always wrap my head around. His work on body distortion, his out-of-there aesthetics, both romantic and futuristic, always renewed yet always coherent as a whole, that, I hope, will leave a long term legacy in the world of fashion. I wish I could have seen one of his wonderful, masterful shows live at least once. I'm quite astonished, I can't think of anything else to say at the moment.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

^^^

beautiful. While it is unfortunate I never clicked with his work on a level connected to my personal aesthetic, I think he had real vision as evidenced by the photo above.

On a more personal level, I think this incident strikes me because of a reason that may or may not be trivial - but an interview/article I read on him in US GQ back in the fall of 2004 was one of the things that moved me to pursue my interest into clothing on a deeper level. I still remember looking at the pic of him in a crisp white shirt, untucked, a tie, and a pair of cargo pants, sleeves rolled up and one hand holding a cigarette almost fully smoked, and thinking, "Damn, I want to be able to have that kind of aura some day..."
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

A tragedy!
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Marko
          • Jul 2009

This is very sad news, we have lost a master designer still in his prime. As cliche as it sounds, I hope he is at peace now.

Comment

• sharpservicejapan
            • Sep 2007

That is a really horrible news for reading i wish that Alexander Mcqueen is rest in peace. Very sad to hear this.

Comment

• Monty76
              • Sep 2006

OH MY!

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

Just read he committed suicide...at the age of 40. Very sad. I liked his earlier collections...and for the 2 off the rack suits that I own, I found that they were well made and fitted my body type perfectly.
                Originally posted by eat me
                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Monty76
                  • Sep 2006

It's going to be an eerie FW10 show..

Comment

• reborn
                    • Aug 2008

There's an article on the NYtimes...This is sad news.

What will happen with Alexander McQueen the label/brand as it's owned by Gucci Group. I believe he famously stated that he would not want it to continue without him at the helm.

This is awful.

Comment

• kucejoe
                      • Sep 2006

Rest in Peace

His legacy will live on...
                      Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• ronin
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                        What will happen with Alexander McQueen the label/brand as it's owned by Gucci Group. I believe he famously stated that he would not want it to continue without him at the helm.
                        If they choose to continue it, I will track them down and kill them one by one.

Comment

• laughed
                          • Jul 2009

shocked.
                          genius.

i hate to get into the whys, but i read that his mom died beforehand. could it be?
                          This is crazy.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

what will happen to the label is irrelevant right now,
                            that will surely sort itself out.
                            we are processing the unfortunate passing of one of the greatest designers to have ever lent his mind to fashion and clothing. one of the greatest fashion stories to have been told............. possibly the single greatest talent we have witness in our generation.
                            I feel for his family and loved ones to have to experience him passing in this kind if way...........for them to have experienced his success, coming from such humble beginnings, and for him to go out like this is really sad.................
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

This is just crushing.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

what was the guy's name who did his jewelry? steven?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎