X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Untitled View Post
    The artists and tracks that have been mentioned above are all great but where is the filth? The stuff that makes you go screw face ? I’m talking about artists such as;

Funtcase, doctor p, high roller and bar 9.

This track is a prime example of what I am talking about

Bar 9 - murdasound
    was just listening to this, and thinking the same

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

I mostly like the electronic/dirty stuff that reminds me of DnB. Don't listen to it very often though.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• MaxM
        • Sep 2009

CyTi's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Not really dubstep but heavily inspired by it. Has been one of my favs for quite some time, unfortunately i can't find any of his tracks on CD or for download
        Check it out if you like dark experimental stuff ;)

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• ose
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
          May be im too old,and my fast paced raving days are over,but i like my dubstep,deep,dirty,atmospheric and wth smatterings of ragga flavour!

Ya Get Meeeeeeeee Steeeeeeeppaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzz

lol
          this should tickle your fancy then, from tes la rok's newest 12"

i'm pretty much on the same wavelength with ProfMonnitoff regarding the wab wab wab wobbly bass abuse, getting more and more bored of it the more i hear it being employed almost solely as a gimmick and nothing else.. there's absolutely no balance within the sound. it's a shame because the spectrum of different stuff that gets buried under the 'dubstep' tag is huge.. starting to think it's gonna need subgenres of its own for people to keep track of different styles as many forward-thinking producers experiment further with their sound.
          Last edited by ose; 02-13-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
            • Jan 2007

Shame that the name "darkstep" was already taken by another genre years ago
            Originally posted by jogu
            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

I was reminded of this with the convo about what to call the genres.(heartless cfew cameo makes me laugh)

FUUMA I tend to enjoy the odd bit of dirty grimey DnB,Andy C's Grimey comes to mind.
              But when i started getting into it,jungle was a completely different beast to DnB.

But i always enjoyed the LTJ BUKEM albums as well as goldies metalheadz and the bristolian genius that is Roni Size. Aswell as some of the brazilian djs such as patife and marky.

Love them bubbly samba vibes!
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

For any of those who are interested and are within LDN,another Grimey Hubba Dubba event is nigh!

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

I can't wait until this skream track is released... you can just barely hear the sub bass rumbling in youtube quality, should sound amazing in 320.

Apparently it won't be on the album, but will be released as a single instead.

Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

Top 9 of '09

So this is a bit overdue, considering we're almost two months into 2010, but there you have it.

What follows are my favourite nine releases of 2009, paired with nine of my favourite photos from the same period. These tracks came from a "short" list of about 100, which was then culled down according to which ones were actually released in '09 (as opposed to me first encountering it, or it still being unreleased...grrr this goes for you Stenchman, and you, Joker...), as well as which ones really stood out according to me. If you're a dubstep head, you probably already have these tracks, but if not, hit me up, and they will be sent your way.

Top producer accolades go to 16bit and Joker...no doubt in my mind...

Also, I know there are technically 11 tracks here...I snuck in a couple remixes of two different tracks because I just couldn't decide which was best...

16bit - Skyline

Adam Freeland - Do You (Joker & Pantyraid remixes)

Skism - The Blank (16bit remix)

POORDREAM - Immaterial Monarch (Original & Mr. F remixes)

Baked Clouds - Permanent Strangers Don't Exist

Not in my Name - Slung Fire

Moderat - Rusty Nails

Clouds - Protecting Hands pt. 2

Joker - Untitled_rsn
                    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                      Shame that the name "darkstep" was already taken by another genre years ago
                      As a result of this sad fact, I typically go with "deathstep" or "killstep" to describe the heaviest of heavy business...

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                        • Feb 2009

Why not stepcore?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
                          Why not stepcore?
                          Or just Doomstep...
                          Been hooked on this for a bit:

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• durbanhawk
                            • Feb 2009

Its a great time for this "breed" of music. Out of default i call it all electro, but enjoy all the adjectives and Intellectualizing around the dubstep topic. My wife and i call datsik style ninjastep, or i think of Bennyhanastep ( i picture a japanese chef going berzerk with knives. Gotta mention roots manuva for anyone likes there uk hiphop with that thick and heady boom bipp. In my opinion, the hyperhybridized element is most fascinating. Hear folks all over the world discussing what constitutes dubstep? I had my electro "teenage right of passage" in the chill out house days and love celebrating how much things have morphed since. Looking back , all roads seem to lead to the uk when it comes to "sophisticated" electro. Hope maybe this may influence the states. Well aware of the gems that have come out of the u.s. , but makes me think the music "myth" here in the states needs some new blood. Benga 26 basslines does it everytime.

Comment

• MaxM
                              • Sep 2009

Commix-Be True (Burial Remix)

Don't think it has been released though, if anyone comes across another version than the rip of Bailey's radio show tell me !!

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• mortalveneer
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
                                Commix-Be True (Burial Remix)

Don't think it has been released though, if anyone comes across another version than the rip of Bailey's radio show tell me !!
                                Yah same with all the unreleased burial tracks that bailey's played...wish they'd come the hell out...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎