Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

I've actually always liked the stripes. The baggier pieces with them is just too much for me, but I love them in a slimmer silhouette.

I'm also a fan of those those Alpine(?) sweaters. I'm always a sucker for that kind of subtle cute thing (I seem to have been the only one rallying behind "OCEANSIDE" from SS08) and Geller really gets the cut and neckline right.

Comment

• pierce
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

Its fine for what it is, average.

Comment

• Castor
        • Nov 2009

The collection seems disjointed. Glamour pieces juxtaposed with treet wear. Uncommitted. Busy.
        Originally posted by DRRRK
        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• diamonds
          • Dec 2006

some nice pieces... and cool textures etc.

but i don't want to have to exclude things in my head to be able to enjoy a collection... since those giant fur collar thing sucks so bad they shouldn't have been shown.

though the gq.com photos (or w/e) look really bad... this collection looks a lot better in better quality photos

Comment

• Bubu
            • May 2008

Don't know what's going on with those furs. Looks like he's shifting away from his usual but the oomph isn't there. Confusing to say the least.
            Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• clay
              • Sep 2006

These Mofos did not honor my RSVP. So I said screw their show. Glad I did. Not feeling this at all. Ok I'm not really bitter about the show. Just wish I could be wowed by this guy. I want to but it never happens.

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

You certainly seem bitter.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I'm not sure I agree, but a rather favourable review to keep the discussion going. The bold sentence is pretty much what I don't like about it:

"It was Jared Leto, not Edward Cullen, who played the part of the It guy in Robert Geller’s front row. But with Geller’s long-honed vampire chic—My So-Called Afterlife?—you might’ve expected Ed instead. Truth be told, I haven’t always been Geller’s biggest booster. His pallid boys, stalking Schwarzwälder sets in turn-of-the-century finery, struck me as too costumey, and his dark dandyism, with its whisper of gender trouble, rang false to my ear. It’s all part and parcel of the shtick, of course. Count Dracula was one of the original dandies.

For Fall, Geller pushed it all farther. The romantic, feminine notes of seasons past were amped to a point almost female. By the second look, we’d seen a twin set and a pair of culottes. Down the line marched stoles, draped scarves, and a hat that resembled an elegant lady’s cloche. The Geller signatures—the layering; the vertical prison stripe; the rich, plummy palette—were all back for an encore. And what vamp of 1890’s Vienna wouldn’t (blood)lust after one of those capes?

Here’s the thing: It was terrific. The returning standards reexamined his themes: The stripes were lovelier and more tonal than before, the thick knits offset by dense patches of fur. Cutaway jackets were rejiggered as smart, asymmetrical blazers. The whole felt like the fullest expression of Geller’s unswerving vision that I’ve seen (though I’d lose the Herman Munster hairstyles some models sported—Frank’s got no place in Drac’s house). The show was a winner, but the not-yet-undead shouldn’t be discouraged by the theatrics. There’s plenty that will look as good on the rack as the runway, from a sophisticated denim patchwork trench (sophisticated denim—neat trick!) to the thickly striped sport coats. And let’s hope the side-zip suede boots, a collaboration with Common Projects, see production come Fall.
                  For complete coverage of Fall 2010 menswear, visit www.gq.com/fashion.

—Matthew Schneier"
                  music

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I miss Tim Blanks.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BUMMER
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I miss Tim Blanks.
                      I agree! He goes out on a limb and always has something interesting to say about the show music! What happened to him and men.style.com?

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

I second the "disjointed" remark. What the hell is going on in this collection? I've liked some of his past output, but this is definitely a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎