X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Find a loose end of the thread and put a lighter to it. If it burns, it's cotton, if it melts, it's polyester. 90% that it's polyester. I'd imagine his heavy fabrics would require that to hold the garment together.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by udbrud View Post
      Does anyone know, whether Alessio uses cotton or polyester thread on the ss15 linen pants?
      I have a pair of the M06-18's in grey linen, which I'm considering dyeing black with some handdye, since I suck at pairing grey pants with anything, but wouldn't want to be stuck with high contrast grey stitching. Alternatively, does anyone have experience successfully dyeing a pair of his pants?
      90% Of Garments sewn, even when they are made of natural fibers, is sewn with Polyester thread or at least a thread made partly of polyester/ nylon. the reason for this is that Polyester threads are generally more durable that cotton ones. there is less breakage in the sewing process and a more durable garment as a finished product.
      If you are concerned about contrasting in the color you can do a two stage dyeing process where the poly is dyed first to dye the thread color and then the cotton/ linen is done afterwards.

the other option is to use an all purpose dye like RIT or some other that I am not sold on but seems to dye everything it comes into contact with.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• udbrud
        • Dec 2013

Was expecting this to be the case, despite the lightness of the linen fabric this year.
        Do you have any idea how intrusive/abusive a dual process such as that would be to the garment? Sounds like something that wouldn't just be possible to do by hand in cold water ... I could get along with something like that, but it's definitely not worth ruining a perfectly gorgeous pair of pants over.
        Pretty much the only fabric dye that's possible to come by around here is from Dylon, so RIT wouldn't even be an option.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        90% Of Garments sewn, even when they are made of natural fibers, is sewn with Polyester thread or at least a thread made partly of polyester/ nylon. the reason for this is that Polyester threads are generally more durable that cotton ones. there is less breakage in the sewing process and a more durable garment as a finished product.
        If you are concerned about contrasting in the color you can do a two stage dyeing process where the poly is dyed first to dye the thread color and then the cotton/ linen is done afterwards.

the other option is to use an all purpose dye like RIT or some other that I am not sold on but seems to dye everything it comes into contact with.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Yea Dylon wont dye the stitching if its synthetic. You could use a black permanent marker to go over the stitching, I've actually done this on a pair of jeans. its a pain in the ass to go over each seam, but it works. might lose some of the color when washing but you can always redo. I've worn those pants probably 20+ times and washed them once, and they are still black.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• twelve12twelve
            • Jul 2015

Have some backzips and a pair of canvas pants on the way, there's something about Layer-0 I really find appealing.

Was originally going to go with Guidi backzips but I think I'll prefer Layer-0.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zabriski View Post
              Looking for more inaisce x layer 0 collabs in the future... The bone derbies on ur pics look very much like my ia xl0
              They only ran this in a couple sizes unfortunately. I so wanted a pair, but I think the largest was a 43. Too bad InAisce shoe collabs never went into full production.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
                They only ran this in a couple sizes unfortunately. I so wanted a pair, but I think the largest was a 43. Too bad InAisce shoe collabs never went into full production.
                I've seen sizes 38-46. We've got one pair up for sale ATM in the classifieds and I know one other dude selling a black pair size 44? or 45.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎