X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The clothes are good, I think - the shearlings are outstanding in particular. I think Alessio makes more of a uniform for himself, which is sort of the standard male uniform of jeans, tees, leather jackets, boots. I agree that the boots are great - a bit too much curling in the toe for my taste, but I would imagine that they are subject to gravity once worn.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

^ the curling is offset by the fact that the volume of the toebox is consistent with the shape of the shoe; i dont think its bulbous or even oversized the way that devoa is or the way i feel about certain cdiem models where the toebox feels a little too big.

The curling i think is exaggerated by photos, and doesn't affect comfort. your toes only enter about 1cm of the gradual slope so unless you have the worlds biggest toes, you shouldnt have a problem. also, there are no problems with high insteps :P. i can get my boots on and off pretty quick; the extra laces are a nice touch.

Comment

• Mikevigar
        • Jan 2010

yeh the curling definitely doesn't look out of place but clearly won't be to everyone's taste, but was precisely what I was looking for. I initially went for Guidis but didn't like them partly for that reason, exchanged for my Layer-0s and as soon as I pulled them out the box the smile beamed across my face.

Thanks for the info on the clothing, I haven't seen the shearlings, (apart from the shearling boot from season just gone which did tempt me on sale). I can see the uniform aspect you mention. from what I've seen in blog previews etc... I've liked some of the more basic pieces, like a black shirt on pnps blog currently and I've seen a linen basic jacket that looks nice, guess jeans just didnt really do it for me.

It would be great to get a closer look at more of the clothing but it doesn't seem to have got out to too many stores so far and the buys are never that big for those that have stocked, presumably down to the fact its an emerging but still small scale operation nto wanting to overdo itself but that is pure uneducated guesswork on my part...

I see we have a Layer-0 archive so I hope stuff steadily gets posted in there, I'll definitely be having a good look in Berlin next week.

Comment

• drizzly
          Banned
          • Apr 2012

just wanted to update the progression of layer-0 footwear, seems like there isnt much of it here
          cordovan + reverse cordovan

mod-0258-398x600 ,
          cordovan

L-0TallBoot ,

72908_326465064094080_1312175968_n ,

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

^small tweaks to something that is pretty damn perfect imo and the leather, treatment and construction really grow on me...

anyways progression:

more of a sneaker boot but I think it looks better than boris's take or augustas in terms of shape of a pull/on backzip type boot of this sort

Comment

• eckblk
              • Mar 2010

more from AW12/13-

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                more from AW12/13-

i honestly think Ive found the next pair of boot I want to own.

With all due respect, I think outside of Carpe, and MA+ a close second, layer-0 makes the best footwear,
                I really want this boot!
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I love the shapes, except the take-off ramp nose.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I love the shapes, except the take-off ramp nose.

I think that's just a matter of pictorial emphasis, I am certain these things come down to the level of the lifted toe stye of C-Diems.

surely there is no defying gravity, especially with toes pressing them down
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      i honestly think Ive found the next pair of boot I want to own.
                      With all due respect, I think outside of Carpe, and MA+ a close second, layer-0 makes the best footwear,
                      I really want this boot!
                      i think layer uses same people as altieri to make boots.. also i think you left out a1923 and ccp for footwear

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

^ I'm glad you're so educated about the structural hierarchies of these things.

Anyone see the horse leather anatomic short sleeve thing from Ss? Pnp and sartorialoft have it? Any thoughts? Tailoring looked good

Comment

• mortalveneer
                          • Jan 2008

There was a gorgeous hoodie in heavy cotton that I almost sprung for at PNP this weekend...may have to go back for it before I leave italy...
                          I am not who you think I am

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

there is also a cool layer-0 jacket w/guidi leather in the guidi thread

Comment

• the-orb
                              • Jun 2009

They look fantastic with MA+ pants that have a slight boot cut. Tried them on recently and didn't want to get them off. Tried some Augustas afterwards and it just wasn't the same. Unfortunately, I was looking for the derbies, which I still can't find. And despite the shape, the toe box didn't feel uncomfortable.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              I think that's just a matter of pictorial emphasis, I am certain these things come down to the level of the lifted toe stye of C-Diems.

surely there is no defying gravity, especially with toes pressing them down

Comment

• couturehomme
                                • Oct 2008

Anybody who's on the fence about taking the plunge into Layer 0, don't hesitate. Get it now. The prices are going up, so get it before it hits Augusta levels.

Fantastic materials and quality construction. Just picked this up yesterday and imo, look and feel is better than Augusta's and Guidi's. Never handled CCP so can't comment.

Would be interesting to find out who actually makes the boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎