• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Forum Changes

A few changes I would like to discuss with the members. I know we've talked about it for a while, but I finally made a separate subforum for affiliates. I think it will be beneficial to the stores, because they now have more visibility and to the members, because we now don't have so many sticky threads in shopping and personal style.

Also, I am ready to retire the "history of fashion" subforum, since it does get updated much. Let me know if feel I should keep it and why.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

these are welcome changes faust. please don't hesitate to retire that history subforum. i feel that a sense of history is intrinsic to so many other discussions that the subforum is moot. maybe you can replace it with "where2kop"? j/k :)
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

I am happy for these changes, and good to see we the affiliates have their own space now.

however I dont know if we should retire the history of fashion...........
      I fell Like us Szers have treated it unfairly. myself being one of the chief culprits..........
      with the breadth and scope of knowledge I have, I should've contributed more, but have failed to do so.........
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

agreed with merz - that's the same line of thought i've been having. if people are not interested in something, can't force it on them.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

It looks so much cleaner, Faust.

And I'm sure affiliates will appreciate having their own "mall" .Great idea!
          sain't

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

Good new changes, definitely keeps it cleaner and also easier for members to find the affiliates - being one click away from the front page makes a big difference.
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Nikov
              • Nov 2008

im liking the new changes as well.

with regards to wanting to maintain a sense of history, perhaps we can start a "History of Fashion" thread with links to selected discussions, in the same fashion as the "Best of SZ" thread.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

the changing faces of SZ...............

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                  I don´t know what kind of deal you have with Hide-san Faust, but I think he should be removed to the afflilates subforum as well. Just a thought, don´t shoot me for thinking it.
                  Dude, i'm not that insecure of an egomaniac............

I appreciate the opportunity to be here, as a member, and to have a thread advertising (some of) my services, as long as you can find me when you need me, I dont care where the thread is located............

Comment

• ronin
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009

The new subforum is very handy and it looks well organized.
                    I like Nikov's idea of creating a History of fashion thread instead. I never really dared to post there but I liked the possibility of discussing fashion history, even though I was never sure along which lines, but a thread may be less intimidating.

Edit : ok I read it wrong, but an index thread would still be good.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

noticed that there's a cap on pm's. is there an option to archive existing pm's?
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                        • Nov 2006

^ditto ...would like to hold on to the records at least..

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

good question, I wrote some instructions for this:

and no, I sure as hell didn't know this until googling it
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

wait, are you seeing a reduced limit on the number of messages...?
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• coup de grace
                              x
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              wait, are you seeing a reduced limit on the number of messages...?
                              pm limit decreased from 5000 to 1000 earlier today

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎