Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ClothedLight View Post
        gotta make sure you're trendy first

b4 u can post
        Banned. Anyone else?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
          I've come to think about why there really is a reason to bump threads in classifieds anyways?
          You obviously don't have the necessity to sell your shit in order to kop more shit, like some of us do

(btw the little fucker is taking it from the bag)

Lucky you.

I think there should be a "don't talk about classifieds unless you actually buy/sell crap in it... we don't want to hear it" rule .

Comment

• Eye
            • Jan 2010

Bumping also allows buyers to know which threads are active (sometimes there are old ones with still available stuff).
            And i dont think there are that much issues with the bumping, since its a closer community than sufu for exemple (with its 10pages of current day bumps), we just have to check the first 3 pages to know whats on sale.
            WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

Isn't it possible to use a tag system in the classifieds. Then there is maybe no need for constant thread bumps because you're looking for something particular you just click the tag and see all salesthread which are selling stuff that are tagged. And order this by date.

Or an option where you can select threads that have been updated in the last X days and view this on a single page or just have the option to change the amount of threads you want to view X threads per page or something.

Just some random ideas.
              Grailed link

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

tags are useful in theory, but they rarely work well in practice. even if we'd put up a reccomendation on using them, I have feeling that half of the threads would have them (some properly tagged, others tagged with random words) and the rest not. plus the more you have, the harder it is to pick something out of the tag pooling, which makes searching more convenient.

the latter is something each user can adjust themselves. You can see the display options underneath the thread list in each section of the forum, in which you can choose a desired display time.

threads per page, I don't think can be adjusted by users, it would need to be changed for the entire forum (or at least a section of it).
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

I may as well chime in as a newbie to this forum. I believe that overall, the posting restrictions are fair and great ideas. The post minimum on the classifieds is absolutely necesarry to reduce possible fraud.

As for the WAYWT minimum, I haven't been around long enough to see how many newbies come in and post repetitively. The thread seems to be dominated by a select few either way. Read only is quite fine, you could up the max to 1000 and it would have little impact to my world.

In regards to bumping in the classifieds, why not just set a 3 day minimum instead of recommending it. If it is a requirement and everyone has to follow along(emphasis on everyone), things will play out as intended. Sellers are obviously less likely to break the rules if their thread is at risk of being deleted. Perhaps this is too extreme though...
                  Originally posted by hausofblaq
                  Grow up.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Your signature is a nice quite hypocritical try to by pass the rules you're talking about.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ lol. Johnnyfenix, please kindly remove.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

Ha, sorry. :) I've seen links to all kinds of things on sigs. Very good point though, removed.
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Can we develop a standardized way for creating thread titles for Collections.............seems kinda arbitrary right now

Designer name/ Season (acronym)/ City would be nice.

eg, Hussien Chalayan/ FW 10/ Paris

or Hussien Chalayan- S/S 2011- Paris.

whatever we decide on, we just need to be consistent so the page looks nice and clean
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Good point Z, was thinking about this too.

Designer | Gender | Season | Type | City | Title

e.g. Hussein Chalayan Women's SS2011 Paris
                            Maison Martin Margiela Women's Haute Couture FW2010 Paris
                            Number (N)ine Men's FW2009 Paris - A closed feeling

Note re season, it's a good idea to put the season and year together to make for easier searching.
                            e.g. SS2011 instead of SS 2011.
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don't know how many times I've posted the exact same thing, but people don't seem to listen.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
                                • May 2009

That's a great idea. Faust, perhaps you could do a sticky in collections thread, like "Attention - NAMING CONVENTIONS" or something like that, so that people would notice? And rename all the recent threads according to it, so that one would see that there is some form of standard?

I think the year should go in front as well, it's much easier on the eye and making scanning through threads much quicker:

Hussein Chalayan Women's SS2011 Paris
                                Maison Martin Margiela Women's Haute Couture FW2010 Paris
                                Number (N)ine Men's FW2009 Paris

or

SS2011 Hussein Chalayan - Women's Paris
                                FW2010 Maison Martin Margiela - Women's Haute Couture Paris
                                FW2009 Number (N)ine - Men's Paris

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎