• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ok, go play.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Please check out and contribute to the new SZ project - The Garment Archives. I encourage everyone to participate - I don't care if you have 0 posts or 10000 - this is our chance to make a great collective effort in order to create something worthwhile.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

^very cool, gonna break out the camera for the old raf and rick and MMM tomorrow.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

that is indeed amazing. will try to contribute, though i dont have much of the older pieces.

btw Faust, might want to sticky the Rules in the WTB sub-forum, before it gets lost in the flood of upcoming WTB threads. hahahah

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
              excellent addition to the forums.

the threads will be kept clean and limited to images/information, yes?
              Exactly. No commentary.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• formateriam
                • Feb 2011

Faust, might I suggest a change in the attachment image dimensions. Currently it seems the max dimensions supported is 480 high x 640 wide. I think the height should be increased as a typical garment shot will be vertical and with a restriction of 480px high, it will be difficult to see any details.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

we are looking into this
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Please check out and contribute to the new SZ project - The Garment Archives. I encourage everyone to participate - I don't care if you have 0 posts or 10000 - this is our chance to make a great collective effort in order to create something worthwhile.
                    really excited for this project! if we think there's a worthy addition from a designer not yet listed, should we just send you a submission to see if it should be posted? in the meantime, there's already a big list of designers whose work i'm excited to see cataloged.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I think we can make a discussion thread either here or in the archives forum for suggestions, additions etc.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                        really excited for this project! if we think there's a worthy addition from a designer not yet listed, should we just send you a submission to see if it should be posted? in the meantime, there's already a big list of designers whose work i'm excited to see cataloged.
                        Yes, absolutely - just make a suggestion in the initial thread on the forum.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

Ok, go play.
                          Thanks, will give it a go once I'm back from Paris.

Comment

• copacetic
                            • Nov 2010

What was the decision behind having the garments be on hangers instead of worn when they are photographed and added to the archive? With some pieces, especially lightweight sweaters and tailored pants, it's hard to get a feel for what kind of garment it is until you see it filled out with flesh. Thoughts?
                            And "When the prince has gathered about him
                            "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Already addressed it in the discussion thread.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

It would appear that lurkers can no longer view the forum apart from the front page that shows how many members are online and what the latest thread posted in is. I've tried to view the forum in passing without signing in, and was unable to. Is this the beginning of charging industry insiders for the privelege of using the forum?
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎