Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleven crows
    • Mar 2011

Aside from the above mentioned guy, the best on the market is fromjapan. Whether or not they'd be down for an affiliation is another story.

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

Any way to automate bumping of the threads in classifieds?

It feels like we're heading in that direction anyway, with no chatter in threads, and questions relegated to PMs. This way you'd also solve people bumping too frequently. Maybe just allow people to edit, and also delete the thread if everything sells...

Not sure if the system allows such a thing though...
      Last edited by mortalveneer; 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM. Reason: Anyway ≠ any way
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I wish there was a way to automatically control bumping, but I don't think its possible to have a time limit on replies or anything like that. Plus if you could make a reply just once every few days, that would create an additional problem for those who list multiple posts worth of items in a single thread.

What we could probably do is to only allow the op to post a reply, which would get rid of 100% of chatter. The only downside is the rare occasion where its necessary/helpful for another member to comment on something like wrongful or misused information/photos/etc, but I suppose these could always be reported to us.

thoughts?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ^ hm. agreed. but is it possible to set kinda bumplimit like: op could post as much as he want in thread but only once in a day/3 days/week it will cause bumping?

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

@lowrey
            StyleForum uses a different forum software, no?
            They have implemented such a bumping mechanism, as I mentioned in the feedback thread already.
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

yea they use an entirely different software. it also results in having one item per listing/thread, which I guess could be considered both good and bad. it means a lot more clutter as some people can sell 10-15 items at a time, on the other hand it could make things simpler and easier to find. but anyway I think that would require remaking the whole section to have categories etc.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

Only allowing the OP to post will reduce on moderator costs, but will cut out the benefit of the occasionally useful reply you highlight.

Won't do much for bumping posts, but I've never considered this a major problem anyhow. Then again, I refresh the SZ classifieds a moderately obscene number of times a day, so I may not be the average user...
                I am not who you think I am

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Oh my god, whoever changed back the max image size to what it was originally,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Every horizontal image has been restored and the forum looks
                  so much more attractive and inviting because of it.

Whoever made this happen, I could just throw my arms around you and KISS YOU!

sain't

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Uh-oh, except for that some of the newer members may not realize they'll need to size their images so that they're not so huge that people have to scroll horizontally to see all of it.

The first post on page 2120 in waywt being a prime example.

It's an unspoken rule around here and one that everyone should be mindful of.
                    sain't

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Yeah when I read your first post I thought yeah it would better to change back, then I saw the newest page on the recent purchases thread haha

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Oh yeah, we cannot miss it...
                        Also in Men's Classifieds.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                          Uh-oh, except for that some of the newer members may not realize they'll need to size their images so that they're not so huge that people have to scroll horizontally to see all of it.

The first post on page 2120 in waywt being a prime example.

It's an unspoken rule around here and one that everyone should be mindful of.

You better be the one enforcing this
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• comedyzen
                            • May 2009

What happened to the SELLERS FEEDBACK thread? I used that as a reference a lot when I was asking for PP Gift payments....and it worked.

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post

What happened to the SELLERS FEEDBACK thread? I used that as a reference a lot when I was asking for PP Gift payments....and it worked.
                              It's in the Shopping and Personal Style forum.
                              sain't

Comment

• comedyzen
                                • May 2009

Thanks...for some reason, I thought it was Sticky icky in the Men's Classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎