Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Changes

ok. have no idea what the point is most of the time.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

going to start cleaning up big old threads little by little. deleted about 500 irrelevant posts from the CDiem thread. Poell next, probably.

Also thinking to set up separate threads with just images, so they don't get lost.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Banned

Haha. I agree with Christian, so I feel like an ass for what I'm about to ask: if you're going to establish image-only threads, is it possible for you to rehost the images so they don't get lost? To prevent what happened to coldrice's photos earlier.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by BBSCCP View Post
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

i don't know if i am actually going to do it, just thinking about it. yes, i would rehost them.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Faust, that would be absolutely awesome if you did that. Next level shit for sure.

Late to the conversation but now that SZ shows deleted posts, I'm surprised at how much redacting goes on here. I guess everyone has a self curating process set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    going to start cleaning up big old threads little by little. deleted about 500 irrelevant posts from the CDiem thread. Poell next, probably.

Also thinking to set up separate threads with just images, so they don't get lost.
    disagree with this. set up a curated thread if you like, but rewriting history is overstepping.

Things like "shit's dope!" does a new user really need to go through 500 of these? It's high time you started trusting me and laid your Orwellian fears to rest.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Things like "shit's dope!" does a new user really need to go through 500 of these? It's high time you started trusting me and laid your Orwellian fears to rest.
    we do trust you. we trust you to keep the conversations going, to keep things interesting. sometimes a 'shits dope' or a 'where2kop' post does exactly that -- it bumps up a thread and it encourages people to reread it.

like every forum, sz's history is cluttered with junk. why belie its true personality to someone rummaging through the archives?

if you want to curate, then do so -- create a curated continues thread with the best of the main thread.

deleting posts creates trepidation. if you don't want orwellian fears, don't make big brother moves.

Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Banned

Fear is what keeps the dream from happening.

Doubt

Skepticism

Fear is what stops the mind from expanding.

Banned

Why has this place been so slow lately? Lost the magic of the early days? Because of fierce policing of FREE SPEAKING. And worry over greed, people post just to GREED GREED GREED. SELL IN MARKETPLACE

NO

JUST LET IT HAPPEN

Banned

Also people try to fit in too much. Forget that really being cool is being unique.

Banned

First time that I see a spammer over 100 posts...

Think this episode comes from a long gestating well of rage and ennui.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Not even OGs are safe from the banner hammer.

BLAH!
    Last edited by ETC; 07-27-2010 at 03:25 AM.
    click here

i like the idea of curated threads with just images...

i'm not so concerned in this case with the orwellian implications of "cleaning," but i'm not sure it's a logical long term strategy. even if you keep the designer threads clear of where2kop questions (and i fully support this), how will you decide what else is irrelevant and when it becomes so? like what about simple acclamatory statements? we all make those from time to time...they're an integral characteristic of the medium of internet forums, no?
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    don't know what it is about 'teh internets' that makes some otherwise seemingly-sane (almost wanted to use the term 'normal' here) go bonkers..
    i dunno man, the internets is serious business..

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    don't know what it is about 'teh internets' that makes some otherwise seemingly-sane (almost wanted to use the term 'normal' here) go bonkers, but..so long, and thanks for all the fish.