• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
    i like the idea of curated threads with just images...

i'm not so concerned in this case with the orwellian implications of "cleaning," but i'm not sure it's a logical long term strategy. even if you keep the designer threads clear of where2kop questions (and i fully support this), how will you decide what else is irrelevant and when it becomes so? like what about simple acclamatory statements? we all make those from time to time...they're an integral characteristic of the medium of internet forums, no?
    Well, I was thinking to only clean up a few long designer threads that are not season specific. I was really only thinking of Continues and Poell, maybe Harnden. The rest I wouldn't touch. I would leave any comment having even a hint of usefulness in it, such as description of fit and fabric. But I see a newcomer going through these threads an losing patience because of all the where2kop bullshit. And the pictures only don't tell a full story.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

I actually think it's a good idea. I remember when I'd just joined SZ I went through a couple of long "must-read" threads and it wasn't easy, precisely because of the irrelevant (and more importantly, repetitive) stuff in there. However, some of these comments really do have the ability to ignite the participants and evolve into an interesting discussion.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Well, I was thinking to only clean up a few long designer threads that are not season specific. I was really only thinking of Continues and Poell, maybe Harnden. The rest I wouldn't touch. I would leave any comment having even a hint of usefulness in it, such as description of fit and fabric. But I see a newcomer going through these threads an losing patience because of all the where2kop bullshit. And the pictures only don't tell a full story.
        Sounds reasonable to me...purging shopping questions from D&C is a logical organizational move. The benefit of making those threads more usable outweighs that of holding onto the past just on principle...imo.

thanks for clarifying.
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• coup de grace
          x
          • Sep 2006

Sounds reasonable to me...purging shopping questions from D&C is a logical organizational move. The benefit of making those threads more usable outweighs that of holding onto the past just on principle...imo.

thanks for clarifying.
          strongly disagree

"purging shopping questions from D&C is a logical organizational move"

not true. it is a destructive move.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

^destruction and organization are not mutually exclusive actions...
            and in some cases, the latter necessitates the former.
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• coup de grace
              x
              • Sep 2006

^destruction and organization are not mutually exclusive actions...
              and in some cases, the latter necessitates the former.
              organization is for hold everything enthusiasts. sz is not that, it's a forum, it's supposed to be messy.

separate curated threads

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

what can i do if my lieutenants don't support me?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Hitler in his bunker hopes that he will get the job as director of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA), but is told by his senior staff that the job…

at least you didn't get screwed by jeffrey deitch
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

^bad lieutenant, lol

i actually agree in theory about the inherent messiness of forums..

but if the messiness conflicts with sz's potential to become a *valuable source of information, i don't mind compromising some of it...especially on the very small scale that Faust is proposing.

i still do like the curated thread idea though...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ok, so I redefined the Hall of Fame mission.

Also, I will be moving some threads into a new subforum, designer archives. These are not just pictorial archives, since I don't beleive in pictures without words, but also ongoing discussions of certain designers. Please contribute images and thoughts and again, KEEP THE SHOPPING RELATED QUESTIONS IN THE SHOPPING SECTIONS. Thank you!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

HOF = 100% sausage fest

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ Post a good outfit then. However, I was sure that there was at least one photo of interest1 there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Choose one (or many) of her and put them in.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ please help :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎