X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

actually we did it so that the seasonal collections are in the "old" forum as it was easier to move the designer threads to a new one. so all of the collection threads should be in the right section already
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mesko
      • Nov 2009

Hmm, why is the WTF thread in the Seasonal collections subforum?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

it's seasonal WTF
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesko
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          it's seasonal WTF
          So where is the eternal WTF?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Eternal is the sum of all seasons! Maybe we should just move it to the shopping forum.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

This one for HOF ?

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

the composition is so terrible it makes that outfit look more interesting than it is
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

All,

WAYWT is now a separate subforum that requres the minimum of 25 posts. This is to discourage treating SZ as "hey, look at me" place and to encourage discussion about fashion, which is the primary goal of SZ. As with classifieds, spammy posts will be met with swift and decisive action. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
                  Faust

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

Faust, great. You'll get less traffic, but hopefully more conversation.

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

It's a good idea with pros and cons. The pros are that it encourages active participation in fashion, rather than shopping. Also, unlike the Classifieds, I doubt spammers and trolls would stick around just to post themselves on the internet.

The biggest foreseeable con is that new members with 25 posts who do want to participate in WAYWT may feel intimidated.

But like I said, I think it's a good idea, at the very least worth exploring. And the 25 post minimum I think is the right number to begin with.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

I dunno, I don't see a huge problem in bumping up classifieds occasionally, but there should definitely be emphasis on occasionally. It doesn't clutter the forum to have older things bumped up if they don't sell. I know I've had items up that didn't sell immediately.
                        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I think bumping a thread every now and then is perfectly reasonable, I've sold a great amount of items weeks after I made a sale thread. they can simply go unnoticed to many users first time around, or someone might have second thoughts about an item when viewing it again.

the problem is that whenever a thread is bumped to the top, someone else's thread goes back to the second page, and another one to the third page. all of them can't of course be on top. this is not a big deal if all threads were bumped equally often, but if some are constantly on top due to chatter etc., it makes it unfair towards those who only bump their threads once every few days.

this is not a major issue here as the community is not huge, but we still try to emphasize that irrelevant posts should be kept to a minimum in order to provide a fair selling opportunity for everyone.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• coup de grace
                            x
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            All,

WAYWT is now a separate subforum that requres the minimum of 25 posts. This is to discourage treating SZ as "hey, look at me" place and to encourage discussion about fashion, which is the primary goal of SZ. As with classifieds, spammy posts will be met with swift and decisive action. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
                            Faust
                            maybe we should also exclude people with > 1000 posts

'hey look at me' cuts both ways

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Maybe you misunderstood - I want to avoid people joining solely to post pictures of themselves. There are other sites for that. I want to prioritize.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ClothedLight
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2010

gotta make sure you're trendy first

b4 u can post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰