• Show
Clear All
  • black beach
    • Aug 2008

Siki Im F/W 10

• black beach
    • Aug 2008

Comment

i see some nice garments. overall impact feels run of the mill, even if it's good stuff. I want to see a window to someones personal universe. not to fashion universe.

Comment

• black beach
        • Aug 2008

yeah, it speaks to me, as well. for someone who prefers t-shirts, i find his vision of formalwear enticing. i like the hasid references, too.

for what it's worth, he was a head designer at lang.

Comment

• desoloSOS
          • Jan 2010

digging the asymmetric cuts and an almost scottish take on some of this.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

i never liked tb , there are maybe a handful of fits from tb's collections that i sorta like but on the whole .. nahhhh. despite seein the browne influence here i still like this collection alot . its shit i would easily wear and a few of the fits are somethin i would like to buy.

i liked ss10 a lil more tho

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

Siki is doing wonderful things.

This is fantastic

Gorilla arms gets some hate but I like them
              Not rolling with the asymmetrical bathrobe though..
              WTB: This

Comment

• kobasyun
                • Sep 2007

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                  i see some nice garments. overall impact feels run of the mill, even if it's good stuff. I want to see a window to someones personal universe. not to fashion universe.
                  Agreed. This is so derivative. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about how this guy thought along the same lines and TB just happened to be first. This is too obvious.

On the positive note, as you mention - some garments in themselves look pretty good.

To everyone: before we start another giddy fight, which I'm looking forward to, of course - I would like to say that there are different criteria and levels by which I judge designers' work. There are original designers who have a vision, a voice, their own aesthetic (as Heirloom points out), and there are those who make nice stuff. I don't hate those who make nice stuff, cause the stuff is nice, but they will never approach the critical acclaim that the creative visionaries enjoy. That is all.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Agreed. This is so derivative. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about how this guy thought along the same lines and TB just happened to be first. This is too obvious.

On the positive note, as you mention - some garments in themselves look pretty good.

To everyone: before we start another giddy fight, which I'm looking forward to, of course - I would like to say that there are different criteria and levels by which I judge designers' work. There are original designers who have a vision, a voice, their own aesthetic (as Heirloom points out), and there are those who make nice stuff. I don't hate those who make nice stuff, cause the stuff is nice, but they will never approach the critical acclaim that the creative visionaries enjoy. That is all.
                    The other way around, there are certain designers regarded as 'visionairies' that ocassionally face difficulties producing and delivering wearable, beautifully finished, thus longevitable garments that can qualify as honest luxury goods and that successfully translate from runway/presentation spectacle to something that also makes sense for people to buy... I am for that reason not surprised thar Raf Simons never 'sold' since the clothes very rarely throughout his career made sense quality-wise.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care for the grander picture for as long as the more important criteria that properly describes a single piece does not back it up. Acclaim from industry-insiders does not always mean that a job is seriously well done.

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

Some nice stuff...but is it only me or are the pockets on the asymmetric coats off? It's really irritating me...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                        Some nice stuff...but is it only me or are the pockets on the asymmetric coats off? It's really irritating me...
                        That's a rather strange statement.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrew
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                          It really annoys me too.

I think it might just be the way the model is standing. If they were proportionally displaced compared to the hem it would be fine, but they look like they have been cut in the wrong place rather than intentionally displaced

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I liked the first look, but then at some point it started looking somewhat forced. "what funny or contrived detail could we add to this look... ahh lets make him look like a school girl!"
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I think this is pretty great. The tailoring looks ace with subtle unsettling twists (i didn't notice the coats were asymmetrical until someone pointed it out). My first thought before I knew anything about the designer was Helmut meets Thom (though not quite as great as either). The over coats and the scarf/arm warmer are 100% Helmut, which doesn't really bother me considering he was an assistant. I'll be interested to see how this develops in future season as he finds his own voice.
                              music

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎