• Sep 2006

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

i need to get that first suit.
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Agreed, the suits have a very nice silhouette going on. Very DH.

I'm liking everything except the boots in this:

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

always been a fan of NAT pants myself.
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Catfood
                • Oct 2008

I like this as well. I would say that the weakness is that it is very inoffensive, in the same way that say Neil Barrett is inoffensive. There is a lot to like, but it's not very unique. A bit on the bland side.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                  I like this as well. I would say that the weakness is that it is very inoffensive, in the same way that say Neil Barrett is inoffensive. There is a lot to like, but it's not very unique. A bit on the bland side.
                  Well, it's probably clear that Nicolas' style taps from different aspects of gothic culture as Julius or other designers discussed here are taking inspiration from - You can always expect from him to deliver clothes that are decidedly elegant that exude a sense of strictness and correctness, rather than ruggedness or overtly tattered finishes.

Having said that - and I suppose that is what quite a couple people in here might be interested to know - Nicolas' clothes are some of the most impeccably well made 'designer' clothes on the market - the tailoring is all hand made down to the smallest detail (no fusing in any sense), the shirts done with the tightest stitching, unseen in luxury shirting except from traditional suppliers such as Charvet and the shoes from this season on, apparently made in the same factory where Carol Christian Poell is producing his'.

What's nice to add would probably be that he's managed to keep the prices at a very reasonable level for such outstanding quality, hardly exceeding those of Dior Homme (that's about the only comparison I'd make here, as the suits are actually quite different in proportion than Hedi's... less boyish/straight-cut).

Anyone interested in Nicolas' collection, please feel free to contact me for more detailed infos on the new FW'10 season (as well as on recent/previous season's pieces), as I will be seeing him in the showroom in the next days. I think it would be nice and insightful to share the feedback from SZ and other platforms with him!

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                    • Jan 2007

Here is a full video of the show (in two parts), as well as a short one from Diane Pernet showing all the looks come out at the end. I'm not embedding them because sz's embedded player is tiny.

Full Show:
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Diane Pernet's Video:
                    Originally posted by jogu
                    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

This is quite boring and banal, I must say.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• joey_k
                        • Sep 2007

i have to say i really like this show, the cut and tailoring on the jackets and coats is phenomenal, and the zipper denim is fantastic. its also good to just see him showing again. i've been a big fan of his take on womenswear i think its outstanding and continues to be
                        http://www.josephkeefer.com
                        http://www.theghstsofny.com

Comment

• ironman
                          • Apr 2008

i wouldn't say it's boring, i'd say it's his typical style, continuing to be refined

i really like it, as was expected as i clicked thread. echoing others, i love the jackets and coats

his belts remind of Dior SS02 belts

thanks for posting mass!

Comment

• ronin
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009

Well, I like it. Okay, this is not the most constructive comment ever. I would have to see more of it to make a true opinion. From what I can see, I like the general aesthetics, it may not be revolutionary but it is absolutely something I would picture myself wearing. What you say about the quality of his garments makes me even more interested, tricotineacetate. I particulary like the coat with sleeves that go down to the hem (although they would go down to my feet as well), I would definitely check the jackets and trousers as well.
                            I understood he is based in Paris, do you know of any stockist there? I'd like to see his clothes in person, especially his womenswear.

Comment

• anatomicut
                              • Jun 2009

suit look good.
                              and others are as expect.
                              NAT is one of my favorite designer.
                              hope to see his next collections.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰