X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierce
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

I think that the first set of photos didn't do it justice. I like some of it, but the round glasses and pop socks I'm not so sure.

The more I think about it in terms of actually meeting people in real life with these clothes on and how they would look, the better it becomes. Like this picture.
    Maybe because of the catwalk scenario we expect everything to look like Gareth Pugh or Rick Owens in terms of sexiness, but outside of this context it works well.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Design and sexuality

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

I must admit, I don't get this collection.

And I find that quite sexy.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the pictures, Ch. Will post more thoughts later.

Video preview:

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• doppel
            • Apr 2009

I really wanted to like this collection... as a female I really wanted to wear it too. I do think it's quite alluring and at times mysterious, but the simple elegance of his shapes/cuts and materials are oddly offset by the styling (and those thigh high boots, oh NO) and the fussy hair. The halter tops/minidress are a serious low point as well. Doma's description of his woman as being bound by tension while projecting intelligence--where do these elements fit in?

I do love these looks:

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Ok, I am not too keen on this after looking at the images carefully. I do like some looks, most of them tend to be the less voluminous ones. I am going to wait a few seasons and see how he develops.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Damn, I must be in a one-of-a-kind minority here, because I think this is pretty damn good. This initial venture into womens clicks with me more than when I initially started looking at his mens stuff, so who knows how rapidly it'll progress. Might be some factors playing on my subconscious, such as how the lighting as well as the casting choices register on my eyes, because a lot of this really flows well with me with few exceptions. Somehow austere yet alluring, not the easiest of combinations to simultaneously pull off.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• anatomicut
                  • Jun 2009

thanks for posting.
                  hate some huge hood things,,,with too many drape..
                  but this really nice

Comment

• move_ment
                    • Feb 2009

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Fixed my post - I meant to say that sex is not the first thing that comes to mind when looking at an elegant ensemble.
                      Hmm. I must be victorian then but "buttoned up"=sex. It's like that Jil Sander ice queen thing.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Nice video move_ment, but the robotic voice over for Damir Doma is cracking me up.
                        music

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

After show interview

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                            • Sep 2009

ok, I'm warming up to it with the better pictures...but the whole sandals with the socks thing and the round glasses are really ruining it for me; I just feel that they give off this sort of overly serious intellectual vibe, bordering on pretense, that takes away from the garments' quiet beauty
                            http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Damir Doma quite rightly pointed out that for a designer like him, womenswear was always in the pipeline because elements of his menswear are easily transferable. Yet, he deliberately struck a cleaner and slightly more mature chord with his first womenswear collection that played with tension in volume. Lines were kept clean, fabrics flowed in neutral tones in shapes that whilst layered were also pared back. There were signatures such as exaggerated dhoti trousers and plenty of familiar jersey and washed silks that infiltrated the collection. If you were after another androgynous unisex line though, Doma's womenswear won't serve that purpose as it aims for a very specific kind of feminine appeal.

Dazed Digital: You said womenswear was always part of the plan.
                              Damir Doma: You always need a starting point and for me, it was menswear. There was always the idea of doing womenswear to broaden this vision though. It's not necessarily about keeping men and women separate and in my case, it was very natural to do a womenswear collection. For some designers, they would do a certain kind of woman or a certain kind of man. With me, they flow into each other.

DD: You don't mean for the clothes to be unisex though, right?
                              Damir Doma: No not at all, a man couldn't wear this collection! The identity is also different. If you imagine my man's collection is very playful, very soft, drapey and prints-based. Whereas, my women's collection is much more mature, very clean - it's all about the neckline and shape - and it's very focused, I think and stripped down to the base.

DD: But is that because this is your first womenswear collection?
                              Damir Doma: No, I think it's because this is my vision of a strong and modern woman.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Closer look at the fabrics

Backstage pics from Dazed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢