Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarHeart
    • Jun 2009

I somehow get the feeling of a tired collection. Some pieces are really beautiful, but individual pieces do not make a great collection.

I agree with before mentioned thoughts from Avantster.
    The spirit is there, but it is weak...

Comment

• anatomicut
      • Jun 2009

oh..
      always love yohji collections.
      both manish and girlish.
      great.

Comment

• ronin
        Banned
        • Dec 2009

I think the mesh/net looks good in the first bridal silhouette, and that's about it. I have mixed feelings about this collection. I'm very keen on a couple of coats, shirts and the pleated white dress. Pleating looks great but most of the time I'm not sure what it brings to the outfit, I don't really like it visually, it looks too stiff and heavy to my taste. But I probably would need to see it in motion. Globally, I'm a bit disappointed because I was waiting for this collection with extreme excitement. But it definitely doesn't look bad, I hope it will sell well.

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

i dont feel like yohji put his heart into it, its a bit void to me. its fine but thats not what i have come to look for in yohji, his work, at its best, has the ability to make the heart skip a beat when you first see it and even everytime thereafter.

Comment

• coccodrillo
            • Nov 2009

To me this collection lacks the particular sensuality I associate with Yohji.

Comment

• clay
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
              i dont feel like yohji put his heart into it, its a bit void to me. its fine but thats not what i have come to look for in yohji, his work, at its best, has the ability to make the heart skip a beat when you first see it and even everytime thereafter.
              Man I wish his work made everyones heart skip a beat, maybe then he would not be in trouble. I do agree the collection is lacking a certain spirit we've come to expect. I still like much of what is there however, after looking at it a few times I realize i do not love it though. But again I'll stick to the retail side of things and say a great collection does not ensure great sells at retail. So there is hope Y will stand to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎