Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Sep 2008

Undercover Mens F/W 2010

Jun Takahashi modeling his own clothes. Hhmmm.....

Undercover F/W 2010 Lookbook Link
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

(scratches head). i don't know what to make of this...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kofi3159
      • Feb 2009

HuH- Really-sure this is the FW 2010
      thought the collection was a bit better than this

Comment

• Atom
        • Sep 2009

It doesn't get much more casual than this. Doesn't fit him too well. But at least the clothes look comfy.

What's going on Jun?

Comment

• lowkey
          • Mar 2010

I actually like this much more then the womens collection. Maybe just because I have more understanding now of what he's trying to do. Also some more easily recognizable, familiar pieces/silhouettes.

Still not a fan of the padded vest with fur. And still missing the Jun of old.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

(scratches head and uses other hand to scratch someone else's head)
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

isn't this how people will wear his stuff in the end anyway? I think this is really entertaining!

Comment

• TarHeart
                • Jun 2009

It is casual alright. I guess this is another result of the economic crisis? Jun needs to sell clothes. He needs to design something wearable.

I personally think some of it looks nice, but the most of it is also rather boring.
                I have a problem about it, being too casual. There is so little creativity in this collection, compared to what he has done before. I think there is a huge gap between this, and last Less but better-collection.

The presentation looks cosy, and it is a fun idea, maybe for an editorial in some fashion magazine, but not as a presentation for a collection directly from the designer.

I don't want to buy clothes I can brush my teeth in...
                Last edited by TarHeart; 03-09-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

It is pretty entertaining I enjoyed looking at it more than most presentations, honestly. Felt like it had heart and personality. That said - the presentation and this season's direction does seem like a continuation of the recent 'less is more' philosophy that the label seems to be running with. I'll admit that it could just be the 'japanese-ness' of some of the settings but the saturation level and somewhat unique camera angles on domestic settings does remind me of Wong Kar-Wai films which meshes pretty well with this feeling of easiness and memory.

Either that or 'if nobody ever buys the expensive jacket that cost me all this money to make and just buy a bunch of jeans and hoodies why do I keep spending all this fucking money.'
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

then again maybe it's just crass sentimentality - swaddling the consumer and letting him know that it's okay to take the path of least resistance.
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• H-R
                      • May 2007

I think that some of the pieces actually don't look that different compared to the FW09/10 collection if you take away the Joy Division prints from the latter, in particular the knits. The collection does look like it's geared more towards streetwear/casual look, more so than the previous few collections. Also, always keep in mind that UC started off as an Ura-Harajuku brand...

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                        I don't want to buy clothes I can brush my teeth in...
                        imo, if you buy clothes in which you can't brush your teeth, you're purchasing them for a reason different from what they were intended for.

as for the presentation, I'm not entirely sure what to think either. its very pedestrian (literally) and makes the clothing look more casual than it has been for the past couple of seasons. Then again there are a lot of similarities to earlier Undercover collections all the way back 10 years. the way its photographed takes some of the shine away from the clothing, but thats clearly how he wanted it and I'm pretty sure the pieces will share the same qualities that we've seen in prior collections.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• whitney
                          • Dec 2009

not really sure how i feel about the idea of, having his clothes being modeled off in casual setting. you can have editorial in magazines do that..actually some of the photos look like it could be torn out of a page of a magazine.. i always thought that runways were suppose to be clothes dressed to the extreme, to inspire..and consumers would take elements (not necessary dress head to toe duplicating the runway) from that..a piece here..and there..and establish their own look

at the same time, its nice to see someone doing ordinary things like taking out the trash or walking the dog, brushing their teeth, etc etc in nice clothing. in every scene..same consistency.

i really like this, mainly cos i do that too..the shoe thing

you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

whitney, runways cost a lot of money. this does not.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pierce
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

I think it fits in with Dieter Rams 10 principles of good design.

"Good design is honest

It does not make a product more innovative, powerful or valuable than it really is. It does not attempt to manipulate the consumer with promises that cannot be kept."

I think what he has done is deconstruct the false world that designers sometimes create through their advertising. The aspirational lifestyle that you see depicted doesn't exist, its a photo shoot on a set.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎