X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

Kitchen sink collection.

I love the slice-of-life presentation. The calm, quiet scenery is very Japanese and I think Takahashi [as well as the clothes] does the imagery perfect justice.

Comment

• whitney
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      whitney, runways cost a lot of money. this does not.
      well of course
      I'm sorry if I gave off the impression that I didn't know that this was a way of him showcasing his collection while saving money on not hiring models and having a stage, music, etc
      Last edited by whitney; 03-10-2010, 09:41 AM. Reason: I meant new as in new setting not concept.
      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
        I'll admit that it could just be the 'japanese-ness' of some of the settings but the saturation level and somewhat unique camera angles on domestic settings does remind me of Wong Kar-Wai films which meshes pretty well with this feeling of easiness and memory.
        heh, this was exactly my first impression
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chim
          • Dec 2006

loved this collection. The picturescape backgrounds are extremely well done, I wonder if Jun took those pictures. that guy has a fantastic eye for photography. It takes ordinary situations and gives it a slightly off-surreal feel. The same kind of feeling I get from the clothes from this collection. There's lots of tiny details like pants with the elastic cuffs, etc. that really set it off.

Personally, I feel that with fashion, more and more these days it seems like designers are just making whack ass concepts just so people can see that they are "high fashion designers" vs. generic GAP designer. Undercover's clothing has always been extremely well made, but I really appreciate the fact that Jun showcases that his clothes (at least this season) are indeed everyday wearable items. Him wearing his own designs and looking completely comfortable and relaxed in every picture also attests to this.

How many designers can go from mindblowing avant garde (F/w06 womens) to something like this and not miss a beat? He's shown that he can be the most creative and innovative designer out there (one of my favorite collections is Small Parts... where all of his clothes had zipper seams and you could mix and match individual pieces ALA jean jacket with a leather jacket sleeves, etc.) but with this collection he shows that he has a solid touch on reality/dailywear as well.

Contrast this to Rick's latest, which is just more of the same angular designs with slight modifications + some gareth pugh inspiration. While we all appreciate the clothes, is it not a little telling that most of us would only buy and wear his latest leather jacket updates?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Chim, Jun has an excellent photographer friend - the one who did the GILA book (no CGI, all natural lighting). I bet you it's the same guy.

I still can't get into this as designer clothes. I suppose it just doesn't pass merz's famous "shit-must-look-sick-as-fuck" test. In other words, it doesn't seem special.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DamageX
              • Dec 2008

Although it may not be special and by that I mean something that is new and exciting the collection seems very personal and approachable. I like to see designers wearing what they create (example: Rick Owens) so to me this was great. As always, I would like to handle the clothing in person to get a real impression. It looks very wearable, comfortable and economic (although I doubt the price will be).

I particularly like these two looks:

Without the sunglasses though.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎