Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

definitely feeling those painters canvas jeans.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

do those come in sizing consistent with tailored dna's or with last seasons overlock dna's?

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Looks great indeed. If I judge the pictures currectly, the fabric seems rather stiff and rigid? Is the metal loop hole at the back of the pants a bug or a feature
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
          do those come in sizing consistent with tailored dna's or with last seasons overlock dna's?
          the sizing on this is more like the SOFT J pant rather than DNAs
          its a little different from the soft j's in the hip area because the cut is different, with the side seam rotated to the back of the pants

DNA's are coming back this season, but will fit a little looser in the legs/ calf area for bigger guys. I thought I had thick calves, but seems guys out there have thicker calves than I do.........so we have loosen them up some..............should be ready bu the end of this month but everything is running late, so it seems more like sometime in September....................

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
          Looks great indeed. If I judge the pictures currectly, the fabric seems rather stiff and rigid? Is the metal loop hole at the back of the pants a bug or a feature
          Yes, fabric is very stiff, now, but softens are wears really well over time, it works really well in dyeing, with all the salt residue and stuff remaining and giving the pants some interesting character,

the oxidized metal loop is functional, but there is a covering for it, in regular fabric to give the wearer the option of not showing it...........it can even be removed altogether, for those who just want to keep the regular fabric loop
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by noumenos
            yes, I was wondering how it could feel when one is lying on his back
            Don't wonder................experience

I think they should be fine
            I will try on a pair and tell you later
            I have tested them for fit, but haven't laid on my back in them, but I don't think that's something we need to worry about

whenever I have reasons to lay on my back, I usually don't need clothes anyways...............

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

haha, Zam, I'm the kind of guy who can practice zen relaxation whenever he feels like to, and suddenly lye on his back, even at the office, or during a dinner with friends ... you don't ??
              No, you guys have made me into a human scissors and sewing machine.
              I had to skip wedding anniversary last month and now i should go on vacation next week and i am beginning to feel like I don't wanna go.

Dont tell my wife, but her biggest rival for my love is not a Woman............its the love of this work and the happiness it brings

Comment

• widmerpool
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post

DNA's are coming back this season, but will fit a little looser in the legs/ calf area for bigger guys. I thought I had thick calves, but seems guys out there have thicker calves than I do.........so we have loosen them up some..............should be ready bu the end of this month but everything is running late, so it seems more like sometime in September....................
                Could be nice in the drop crotch too. I had to let both mine out as much as there was room for through the calf.
                http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Magic1
                  • Jan 2011

The DNA is tight around my calf too, not too tight that I'd need to let it out though. If you try them on and they seem too tight, maybe wear them a few times before having the fabric let out, as it does loosen up a bit and may mold into the perfect fit after a few wears. Obviously if it's too too tight, then letting it out is the only option.
                  Just my two cents.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

well,
                    i thought I had big calves, but seems im more average that big.

anyways, we've added about an inch to the circumfrence of the claves for FW11 and SS12 versions.

FW version will be available in two fabric choices
                    Spring summer version has a few subtle details that FW doesnt have, but so far only in the painters canvas fabric

there will also be some epic goodness coming for the fall.
                    I Got called in to a fabric suppliers warehouse yesterday,
                    he "said you gotta come see this before I show it to anyone else"

got some Combat green leather in a texture so gorgeous i almost had an orgasm in the warehouse

Blistered lamb leather shirt is coming for fall too
                    Along with Minimalist leather Jacket in a lighter weight than the buffalo version.

just don't ask me when everything is gonna be ready

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

But zam, you're gonna keep your patterns for the old dna tialored for those of us who have skinny average calves right? ;)

Wish I lived in ny so I could see all those new fabrics.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                        But zam, you're gonna keep your patterns for the old dna tialored for those of us who have skinny average calves right? ;)

Wish I lived in ny so I could see all those new fabrics.

the way the pants are cut, the fit will look no different from the ones you have
                        actually in a way it is an improved fit, It will be the same through the hip and thighs, just will be more comfortable in the Calf area

J,
                        as per the fabrics, you don't have to live in NY to see them
                        we have a service where you can request fabric swatch cards, however its only available to US based clients

everything will be more organized later this year.

we will begin moving sometime this month, and be officially in the New space by Sept 1st

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

just try to keep this position about 30 minutes per day my friend, and you'll see your thigh and your calves becoming ...

Oh, be sure I won't ask otherwise my boss should directly write your name on my payslip
                          well i don't stay on the toilet that long
                          Actually I used to be a cyclist, my calves were probably much bigger then.............. i think also for FW11 tailored DNA's will be in a a stretch wool, along with the cotton herringbone version from last season

Soft J's will come in a heavy Cotton/ linen blend, along with a lighter weight nubby cotton for those living in more tropical weather during winter months.

Actually I should post the official list of what will be available.........will do that when I get a chance

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

I must say a Kind thanks to everyone here for the support that is given to my work. I appreciate every email, every PM and every purchase of the items that we make here at Zam Barrett Dialogue.
                            this business would not be what it is without you guys and I am truly grateful to you all.

FW 2011 is coming up amd quite a number of people have purchased items for the FW season, along with others who have purchased items that we sell in our sample sale thread.

I am just giving an update of the time line so that everyone will know when they are receiving their items.

• Most of the FW11 items are ready, the only items not 100% ready are some of the Inner leather Jackets. the jackets will be ready to ship before the end of this month of August.

• Stores have either received their items, or will be receiving them sometime next week as the last set of store items are set to go out today. So please do check with your local stores and give your support to the work and the stores who carry our products

• For People who bought items in the sample sale, some items were shipped yesterday and some will be shipped today, including all those who bought the impossible to make enough available SIAMESE BAG

• We have receiving quite a number of interest for this bag again.............we want to let you all know that the bag will be available for the FW 11 season in several Color options, we will let everyone know when the time is right

• For all those who ordered during the original time window for the FW11 pre-ordering period, your items will be shipped between August 22nd and August 30, and this included the leather jackets
                            • I will be away in Jamaica for a week, beginning tomorrow August 12 ans I will be back to work next weekend. I will be checking in intermittently so you can still feel free to drop me a line through PM or email to address whatever issues/ needs you might have.

• Also, we will be Moving to a new space soon, we have already signed the lease and have the Keys, but been so busy we haven't had time to organize the move. I think we will officially be in our New Space before September 1st though..................We are exited about this!!!!!!!!!! the New space will allow us to work more efficiently to give better customer service and to cut out some of the delays we have had in the past

• As for FW11 Studio Stock items. these items will be ready about mid to late September, we keep pushing the date back, but sorry, we gotta take care of the stores and our private clients custom orders first, and that's what we have been doing. Now with the bigger space, we will able to be more efficient.

thanks to everyone for their unwavering support. I love you guys, I could never have done this without you all

talk soon
                            Blessings
                            ZB

Comment

• franz
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              Here Is the list of Stores again who will be carrying the collection for the FW 2011 season:
                              • John Bull Private Lab - Japan
                              • Pollyanna Barnsley - England
                              • Layers London - England
                              • The Number 4 - Kuwait
                              • Ink - Hong Kong
                              • Orimono - Sweden
                              What about us french people? I would love to try some of the pants (I do have big calves).

Did you try or wasn't it in your priorities?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

we have a lot of french clients who buy directly from us because there is no retail store in France that carry the items or even the stores in Europe don't have the particular item/ size they need

i wish we had a store in France carrying the line, but it hasn't happened yet........we will see

you can always contact us for whatever you need

Originally posted by franz View Post
                                What about us french people? I would love to try some of the pants (I do have big calves).

Did you try or wasn't it in your priorities?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎