X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
    Zam, heard that AL's currently holding your collection exbihition. Congrats on that! Masato-san's a great guy, really passionate about the labels he carries. I'll be visiting them this weekend, hope it's still up!
    Y,

thanks alot, he told me about the exhibit two days ago, and sent me a picture of it.
    i spoke to him yesterday and he is exited about seeing the new FW 2011 items

he is one of the best people to work with, one of the greatest in this business.............
    I must also thank GBS for introducing me to him. Another great Guy that too.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Hello All,

i am back in NY now after a wonderful and eventful Paris trip.
      got lots of things done and was a really fruitful week.

met a lot of wonderful and interesting people, and surely we will be back in June. collection was great and we should hopefully be in about four or five new doors for the FW 2011 season. I cannot say which ones exactly as yet as timing is everything.

Must say thanks to all the people who came to visit me, was gonna type a list of name but realized I would be revealing too much in doing that, so.............you all know who you are who came!

any thanks for your love and support

Sorry there are no pictures as yet, we will be shooting the look book soon and that should be ready by early next week.

If you have bought items from the Studio and you haven't received it please contact me. most of the packages were shipped but there are a few to be sent out between today and Monday.

Also beginning production and shipping of all SS special 2011 orders.

thanks again
      talk soon
      Blessings
      ZB

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Glad everything went smoothly after all.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

as I already told Zam, I'm glad all his hard work paid off!

with his blessing, here is a small peek of the upcoming collection (shot by maestro himself), which I think is fantastic. the leathers particularly are sick - as rugged, stiff and sharp as xxx's but sans the constricting arm holes.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

^^wow. looking good!
            man this is so nice to see and hear. its really a good feeling to see someone achieving at least the beginning of success after so much hard work and positivity. to be able to make a living being creative and doing something you love is a very rare and special thing. congrats zamb. this year i hope to finally get a bit of your gear into my closet!
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MaxM
              • Sep 2009

Zam, was really nice meeting you the other day. And you know how much i loved the collection :)

Still can't get my mind off that coat as a matter of fact …

Gotta say you are truly one of the designers i enjoy and respect the most, tbh i buy partly because i want to support the whole project.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                as I already told Zam, I'm glad all his hard work paid off!

with his blessing, here is a small peek of the upcoming collection (shot by maestro himself), which I think is fantastic. the leathers particularly are sick - as rugged, stiff and sharp as xxx's but sans the constricting arm holes.
                well plaid, sir!

i also loved the leathers and all the tailoring. pants are not to be missed as well.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

tailored coat and leather looks really amazing. Level uped
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Zam Barret FW 2011 Preview

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

^ Pieces look great! What's the red leather above? Is that a bag?
                      Originally posted by eat me
                      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Bag and leather shirt. Will upload pics later this evening. They're already available on fashionology.org, but only for registered members.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Zamb the coat looks amazing, seriously need to get details on that. The fabric looks very special, much prefer this to the version in the 2011FW thread.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Hello All,

thanks to everyone who took the time to send me a PM to congratulate me on the new Collection
                            and to ask questions about aspects etc.

We picked up probably four or five new accounts in Paris, along with the existing accounts for the Spring 2011 season.
                            the Buys from the stores were very specific, so yes, items will be available through the Studio again.

We will not be doing a presentation for NY Fashion week, with the success of the Paris trip and the hectic-ness of NY fashion week, we thought it best to forgo a presentation here.
                            However, we are looking into the possibility of doing a private showroom for two days, so that interested Buyers, press people and friends here in the US can have an opportunity of viewing the collection in person, as there are aspects of it that cannot be seen in the pictures.

We will make an official announcement of this as soon as everything is sorted out

the policy is still as it was, whatever is bought by the Stores, the Studio doesn't sell.........So if you need X item in medium, and Y store bought it in medium, you will be directed to the store for purchasing.

With regards to Spring, we have pretty much finished production for the stores, except for one, and we are in the process of producing and shipping private orders for the Spring season, but is still possible to special order an item for Spring.

there will also be a select set of ready to ship items available, through the Studio, possibly in Colors and Fabrications that are exclusive to the Studio. We got our hands on an Amazing heavy 14 oz double ply Cotton with a Soft hand that we adore and there will be a very rare, one off pant available in this fabric............more details on this to follow soon.

the Echadh seam top in a summer weight wool and cotton will be available again, in both long and short sleeve versions,
                            there will be other items, but more details will be given on this soon.

Also, again we want to apologize to the people who bought stuff and had a delay in reviving the items, don't need to go it over here, but you all understand why,
                            seems most people got their packages by now, or maybe later this week

there are a few items to be shipped this week, I will notify those via PM,
                            Please keep the "dialogue" going, and thanks again for each blessing

talk soon
                            Much love
                            Blessings
                            ZB
                            Last edited by zamb; 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• t-bone
                              • Dec 2009

Just wanted to add my congratulations and say my grey(ish) DNA pants arrived in a very reasonable timeframe and I have already worked them into a heavy rotation in my wardrobe; the perfect compliment to all the black blazers/coats i've been wearing this winter.

Can't wait to see more of your stuff in person Zam.

Cheers!

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Hey Zamb,

First of all thanks for your sweet welcome in Paris and the insight into the development and the ideas of your clothes. I can see them in a totally different light now than just clothes.
                                I especially liked your leather work in the jackets, bags and belts and, as you might remember, the shape of the hoods. All the pics look stunning, good to see the clothes on models fitting in now, because they were too big on me. They still felt unbelievable.

A late thanks for your words in WAYWT. The bag is really the one and only I use everyday. Just perfect for what i need.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎