X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Enjoy the Weekend!
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

CATEGORY M - OUTERWEAR

We now present to you the first in a 3 part feature on the products in our expanded Category M section.
      this is a feature on the six

We trust that you will enjoy the articles, and if you may, pick up a few items at the special 35% off promotional price.
      Please note that a few items are excluded from the sale,not much but the new M-LJ1, the Shawl Collar Coat and Shawl Collar Blazer are not included in the promotional . All else under the category M banner is included for promotional week

Shawl Collar Coat -
      Carbon -
      100% Cotton
      Fully Linen
      Single back vent
      THE SHAWL COLLAR COAT IS AN EXTENSION OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR SHAWL COLLAR BLAZER
      The coat has two side pockets, two inner chest pocket and a single back vent.
      The fabric on the coat is 100% cotton with a brushed feel and carbon color with a grey/ black texture.
      The coat is fully lined in 100% cotton.
      Available in sizes 46 - 50.
      Only three examples were made this season

Hooded Cardigan

Hooded Cardigan

- Mohair-
      The cardigan has two front pockets, is unlined with a single loop and button closure at front.
      100% Mohair
      Available in sizes 46 -52
      this is a nice comfortable unlined coat that is good for layering. it can be layered with a shit of sweater under it on cooler days, but can be won with a leather jacket or a heavier coat on really cold days
      Its made in an experimental cotton linen fabric that has been boiled and overdyed to achieve this effect

Hooded Long Crushed Coat
      Overdyed Carbonated Cotton Linen
      (Boiled )
      Detachable hood

Shawl Collar Slim Blazer
      100% Cotton
      Fully lined body and sleeves
      Minimalist construction without sleeve vents and back vents
      Made from "shaved" moleskin like cotton with variations of texture running throughout the fabric. a very minimal blazer that fits the category M aesthetic. Fully lined in 100% Cotton. All vents and superfluous details were removed to create a blazer that is pure simplicity
      available in sizes 46 - 52

The New M-LJ1

We developed this as a go to everyday jacket that can be worn without much fuss or thought.
      The jacket has two front side pockets, two inner chest pockets, a full lining in heavy corded cotton and and an inner gloved lining in the sleeves. the outer is made of a 2 oz goat leather than is thick, soft and very strong. all seams are overlocked with tex 105 thread

Leather Sleeve Coatigan

The return of a favorite, incredibly warm wool and polyester blend unlined Cardigan Coat with leather sleeves, two patch front pockets, double layer leather sleeves and single vent at back
      Available in sizes 46 - 52

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Our Sale at Zfactorie will officially open to the Public for Black Friday next week

We are now giving members here , the chance to purchase items they desire at 40% off before we open our sales to the public. (public sale will be more of less the same discount)
        You can use the Code: PreBlack40 to purchase items from all category of the webstore beginning now.
        The Only exceptions are a few leathers and outerwear. but everything else is included across all product categories

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

ZFACTORIE BLACK FRIDAY SALE BEGINS NOW.

Our sale runs into Cyber Monday. Up to 50% off all Stock in Menswear

No Coupon Code needed, items are priced at markdowns!

Happy thanksgiving, happy shopping!

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Cyber Monday Promo

CYBER MONDAY IS HERE,
              As a part of our Black Friday into Cyber Monday promotions, we have created a category on Zfactorie specifically for Black Friday promotions
              It can be viewed here:
              All items in the section can be bought at an additional 15% Off, for ONE DAY ONLY - CYBER MONDAY
              Lots of great pants at good prices, and a good mix of tops, outerwear and accessories also added
              The promotion starts now and ends at Midnight November 28th

We have added measurements for all items in the promotion for ease of purchase.
              inquiries at: dashon@zambarrett.com

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Hello SZ'ers

We now present to you our second of six day promotional leading to the final release of FW17 items

We are offering you additional 15% off on All Outerwear
                ( a few exceptions: Tri Zip Leather Jacket// Heavy Linen Long Coat/ Asymmetric Lapel Coat all excluded)
                All other outerwear including Category
                M outerwear is included in the promotion

Please use Code: OUTER15 at checkout

Also: please note FINAL70 Code is still active on all Items in Final sale (cannot be used in tandem with any other promotional)

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Some Women's wear Coming on Wednesday to Zfactorie

Asclepius Doctors Tote - Linen + Leather

Asclepius Doctors Tote - Leather

Siamese Bag - Grey Horse

Diagonal Strap "Torso" belt

Wide Leg Pants
                  +
                  Unlined ESC/ Jacket

Sleeveless Detachable "Burst" Top
                  Double Layer Bias Cut Skirt
                  + Pythagorean detachable belt

Black Asclepius Cock Dress

FEMME - A Line Lined Coat in Wool
                  +
                  Black Asclepius Cock Dress

Femme Razor Coat in Boiled Wool
                  +
                  Pythagorean Handmade Buckle belt in horsehide

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

We are pleased to announce the final release of items in both mend and women for the Holiday season.
                    We have just uploaded a large assortment of belts, bags gloves and Wallets to the web,store
                    Additionally, for this weekend, ADD15 Code has been activated. The code gives additional 15% off on All Menswear items CODE: ADD15

Siamese - Black

Wool And Leather One Piece Gloves - Black Ice

Elbow Length Wool and Leather Fingerless Gloves

Wallet /B\ in Camel Leather

Wallet /A\ in Camel Leather

Asclepius Doctors tote in Beige Linen and Horsehide Straps

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

First Rick with the dick
                      Now Zam with the cock
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        First Rick with the dick
                        Now Zam with the cock

LOL,

In working with the Greek mythological concept, we are using Ascleius the God of medicine as Inspiration.
                        In receiving Healing, the Greeks often offered a Cock to Asclepius in thanksgiving.
                        Socrates mentioned this to Critio after he drank the hemlock to commit suicide (the then means of capital punishment, that your blood would be on your own hands)

I like to play around with things, give them a double meaning. Last season we made the Asclepius cock dress for women, it had a rooster print on it.

One customer who bought it said "every woman deserves a good cock that fits well"
                        this season we made the same dress in black..........So its now the "Black Cock Dress"
                        We did not name it as such on the site as I think that would be too in your face and overt.......
                        but that is the back story behind the dress......

Comment

• redman
                          • Feb 2011

Well done Zamb,amazing work as usual.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by redman View Post
                            Well done Zamb,amazing work as usual.
                            thank you!

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Hello SZ,

Zfactorie Gift week promo begins now

additional 25% off on FW17 goods for this week

from Dec 10 -16.

Purchase your item before the 16 and we guarantee arrival before the Holidays for US based Customers

For International Customers, item must be purchased before December 14th

Use Code: GIFT25 at Checkout

A gift suggestion page will be up on Zfactorie tomorrow at noon,

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

One day the unabridged version of this Story will be told. #MyStory #MyWords #MyXperience. For now, so that no one tells you otherwise, he is the Concise Version. #MyTruth #MyLife #MyJourney.
                                .................................................. .............................................
                                I started sewing around age 13/14. it was never with the intent to be a designer or any such thing. It was simply a matter of circumstances. I had always loved clothing, and drew very well as a kid. In my country (Jamaica) growing up most people had their clothing tailored. RTW/ off the rack was less prominent then and was mostly for items like work clothes, T-shirts -Jeans but never dress clothes
                                I made a deal with a tailor one day, to finish a project for him in in order to free up his time to finish a pair of school pants I had given him 3 months earlier. He agreed, I finished the project (embellishing Jeans) and did it, as he claimed, better than he could.
                                He offered to hire me after school to do these project as he claimed he got them a lot and he hated them. For me it was an opprtunity to be productive earn some money and also to be around older men, who drank beer, partied and chased women..........LOL
                                The projects became less and less, but i still went to the tailor shop and in my spare time, learned how to make clothing for myself.

Making clothing for myself, my friends wanted me to make clothing for them too, I did. Some paid, some didn't, it didn't matter, I didn't really need the money and I wasn't really running a biz then. I graduated high school, with honors, pure science student, wanted to study medicine, then reality hit, My Parents were poor and there was no opprtunity for student loans etc, like here in the US.
                                I got a job as a proof reader, nice Job, I got into a fight one day on the job and got fired. I decided I was gonna do sewing full time, because by then I was doing it as a evening/ weekend project and making like 2 -3 times more than my day job. By then i developed a reputation as this 17 year old clothing wiz and people came from all walks of life to have me make clothing for them. It became a big thing, I hired 5 people at the height. But this was Jamaica, limited...........There was no fashion industry, no way of becoming a great international designer in a country without an industry and one not known for Fashion Design.
                                I was a proof reader but I am also a voracious reader, (less so now than when I was younger) I read about McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent, GAULTIER, Galliano, all of the greats. I wanted to be one of them, and i figured it wasn't possible to do it in Jamaica, so I decided to leave. I had doubts, i could sew, but I wasn't formally trained, I didn't know what I knew and what i didn't know when measured against the greats. I was 23 then, I closed my Biz, sold my car, paid a part of my tuition and enrolled in International Fine Arts College in Miami to Study Fashion design. I did, I graduated, won some awards along the way, then moved to NY two days after graduation. I had balls, I wanted to be in the BIG CITY.
                                I came to NY, made friends, and made clothes for a lot of people. Free on 106 and Park, Alicia Keys, Faith Evans, Cash Money Millionaires and others, I did commercials, movies as an on site tailor, and I also did a women's line under my own name from 2001 to 2006.............But I couldn't go far, I was an illegal immigrant, an overstay on a student Visa and had limitation under such a condition to set up a business
                                In 2006 I became a US Permanent Resident got a job an a revered R&D company called Crye Associates. We designed and made Military things and the company had a factory next door to my office. It was there I perfected my pattern making skills, both manually and digitally. it was there I learned about production and how to structure a small factory. I was seeing it right as it happened. I also Learned about functionality and performance in design. (soldiers clothing HAS TO PERFORM)
                                I GOT MARRIED, quit Crye for the sake of love and freedom and took a consultancy Job overseeing a menswear startup called Jon Asche. I made Patterns, i designed, I oversaw the samples. It was great, the boss was a wealthy German who was a holder of prime real estate in Soho. Then Acne came in offered him lots of money for his space in Soho, he closed the biz and I was jobless.......and broke from having a huge wedding and burying my father within a span of 3 months
                                I decided never to work for anyone again, I did odd jobs and so I started doing alterations, custom clothing and teaching. I made accessories for a store in Dumbo that a friend i had owned. It snowballed I did a small men's collection, did a show in NY in 2010. Buyers came, they loved it, ate it up. We sold to Pollyanna in England, A now defunct store in Russia and AL Select in Japan. I was encouraged by the buyer of Polyanna to go to Paris. I went. In my first season I saw nine stores, sold to seven and was happy.
                                I made patterns, graded them contracted out the production, but had issues getting some of it made. One factory had Marc Jacobs giving them 400 pairs of pants, so the owner cancelled my production and told me I had to wait or take my crap and go.......I don't blame him, 400 pants from a reputable designer compared to 13 leather jackets from a no name is an easy choice to make.
                                I decided to take matters into my own hands and that was how Zfactorie the production division of Zam Barrett Dialogue began. My journey by then had given me enough knowledge and experience to do what was required to build a Factory and oversee it.
                                I bought machines, hired people, trained them and built this nice little factory for myself to do the work how I want to do it. How I believe clothing should be made. It cost A LOT to run, some days we are struggling, others we are doing well. we laugh, we cry, we make beautiful clothing and we try to sell it to people who can appreciate it.
                                It is 100% owned by me, we used to have Zero debt, now we have a little, not much, but we have plans to step up our efforts for 2018.
                                We have the women's wear now. We have the mainline and we have category M. We have a series of successful products and are continually making new ones. We have a very good customer base, we have lost some good customers whom we hope we can regain and we have had some really good ones who have not left us, along with the new ones we get on a daily/ weekly basis because what we do and the products we offer resonates with them
                                We are revising our approach to the Biz its a different time now in fashion than when we started, and those who refuse to change with the times are laid to waste in it's unyielding force . We have learned a lot, some things we could have and would have done differently, some things we did as best as we could and better than was expected of us. But here we are now. 2018, succeeding where others have failed and thanking everyone who have supported us whether it be a store through carrying the brand, a customer who bought our products a hater and critic who sharpened us up to prove them wrong, an intern, an employee, everyone who has and lastly but most importantly God almighty who is the source and sustainer of us in this beautiful journey we are on

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎