X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Thanks magicman,

but I dont want to disappoint you, there isn't much more left to come, at least not now anyways. as some things we will hold out on until the Summer drop hits.........

there is a tote bag, a blazer, and some detail shots of already posted items, the is also a Polis in another kind of leather, that we will make available with or without a laptop case........the idea is finished, but there are some things I am revising on the case before I release it. After then we will probably reorganize everything to make it more cohesive.

One of the problems we have, is that we design too much stuff every season and it just isn't possible to produce it all.
    I am trying to edit, and scale back a bit.
    everything is made here at Zfactorie, so there is a limit as to what we can do......
    Originally posted by Magic1 View Post
    Can't wait to see what's coming. That new Polis bag looks beautiful, what gorgeous leather. Really nice size and proportions zam.

Edit: We would like to announce that the Spring 2012 Long version of the items pricing sheet is now ready. consisting of all available items, prices, descriptions and sizes. To request a copy of this version of the sheet, please email the studio at: dialogue@zambarrett.com
    Last edited by zamb; 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• liberty_of_style
      • Aug 2011

Those linen scarf will be good accompaniment to my collarless coat by Zam. Waiting for selling.
      I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• Joker
        • Oct 2011

New Siamese bag looks better, more useful.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by liberty_of_style View Post
          Those linen scarf will be good accompaniment to my collarless coat by Zam. Waiting for selling.
          So it was you who sent me that email i am yet to reply to
          unfortunately i just sent the last pair of pants in those fabric to a very good client as a gift.
          but feel free to choose something else that compliments the coat as there is lots to choose from

Originally posted by Joker View Post
          New Siamese bag looks better, more useful.
          why do you say its better, because of the shoulder strap?
          there are some who swear by it without the strap, while others love the new design, so I guess its a matter of personal taste..........Women seem to like it without the shoulder strap, while men prefer it with, so maybe its a gender thing.........

Also, remember guys. 15% discount ends this week, so make use of it!

Comment

• Joker
            • Oct 2011

Yes, because with the shoulder strap. Actuality i got the old version one, and then that was a bit tight when i put it in the shoulder for me.
            I love this new version.

Another the leather is so strong even I keep use that for sometime.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Joker View Post
              Yes, because with the shoulder strap. Actuality i got the old version one, and then that was a bit tight when i put it in the shoulder for me.
              I love this new version.

Another the leather is so strong even I keep use that for sometime.
              Thanks!
              I hope you are enjoying the use of it. Yes the shoulder strap gives the wearer options, and its interesting cause I never carry a bag in my hands but always across the body like a messenger bag.. I really like seeing women carrying it in their hands though, lady Faust and Flux are the two best examples of that.
              Even though it was originally a mens bag, it now has to be seen as unisex........

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by watersay View Post

first pair of zam barrett jeans...the only thing that i m not very into is the shredded hems like drkshdw jeans etc...everything else is just pleasing
                enjoy man,
                they are the best iteration of the overlock jeans in terms of fabric, I have two pair in this linen/ cotton and they are my favorite pants..........Better than even the new ones we will release for summer

as per the hems, you must understand that we
                create the garments to intentionally have a "rough hewn" feel but what looks like shredded hems are made perfectly unfinished......
                Like here

where there is a cotton seam binding sewn 1/2" above the hem to limit the fraying of the pants above this point, and create a more durable hem than any other "unfinished hem" pants you'll see..

Comment

• watersay
                  • Dec 2008

yes i have already noticed that...u did do a good job here and congrats man~~~
                  thanks for ur help

Comment

• tron
                    • Dec 2010

Just saw your fb post for the fall 2012 collection and of course it looks great. I can really see your brand's aesthetic developing and becoming it's own more and more each season. Very uniquely Zam
                    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post
                      Just saw your fb post for the fall 2012 collection and of course it looks great. I can really see your brand's aesthetic developing and becoming it's own more and more each season. Very uniquely Zam
                      thanks!

I'm uploading the pics here now

blessings
                      ZB
                      Last edited by zamb; 04-04-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• (((o
                        • May 2009

Wow the new collection looks incredible. Great work.

This jacket looks so sick:
                        i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

XD

this collection really takes a bold step forward in defining your universe, as cliche as that sounds.

and the leather shirt is like a drum dyed aniline leather that seems to have a metallic sheen... is that the steamed calf? doesnt seam like it.

zam have you ever thought of foregoing a model and just wearing your own clothes? i think you look just as good if not better.

Comment

• Eye
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                            zam have you ever thought of foregoing a model and just wearing your own clothes? i think you look just as good if not better.
                            i read this and first i did agree with you, but then felt a designer wearingt his own clothes in order to promote them would be kind of obscene.
                            i think he has to keep a distance between his creations and needs a support like any artist, idk, did you already think about it zam ?
                            WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Eye View Post
                              i read this and first i did agree with you, but then felt a designer wearingt his own clothes in order to promote them would be kind of obscene.
                              i think he has to keep a distance between his creations and needs a support like any artist, idk, did you already think about it zam ?
                              whether or not i wanted to, i couldn't do it, and wouldn't want to do it.
                              1. I dont mind the occasional WAYWT with pictures of myself, but to model clothing is another thing......
                              2. Also, I already have so much to do I hardly have to to do it, now it would be impossible to add something else to my list of already too much to do
                              3. Samples are made in a standard 48, i'm a natural 48, with 50 measurements and a 52 beer belly
                              4. so just wouldn't work,
                              5. Ill design and let the models model

Comment

• IIIofSwords
                                • Feb 2012

Zam's an incredible business owner and artist, he went out of his way to help me out, and trusted me off the bat as a new client, and as a result, I've got an incredible piece of ridiculously well made clothing.

Just being honest..

Thanks Zam!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎