Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KodakII
    • Sep 2008

Yesterday I received a package in the mail that contained the reverse moleskin pant I ordered by Zam. I had high expectations, but upon opening the package and trying them on, I was truly blown away. The construction and fit are truly beyond words.

I was also blown away with the letter that was included in the package. I am truly proud to own some of Zam's work. The amount of passion and thought that goes into his collections is more than evident and is nothing short of inspiring.

Although we have never met, I am more than honored to be considered a friend of the business. Thank you, you are in a league of your own.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
      Yesterday I received a package in the mail that contained the reverse moleskin pant I ordered by Zam. I had high expectations, but upon opening the package and trying them on, I was truly blown away. The construction and fit are truly beyond words.

I was also blown away with the letter that was included in the package. I am truly proud to own some of Zam's work. The amount of passion and thought that goes into his collections is more than evident and is nothing short of inspiring.

Although we have never met, I am more than honored to be considered a friend of the business. Thank you, you are in a league of your own.
      C,

Thank you for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated.
      We just want to continue getting better at what we do, to continue making great products and give the best customer service to the people who respect and love us enough to give us the priviledge of taking our products into thier world and giving them life...........

hope you are enjoying your bag too, drop me a line whenever you like

Blessings
      ZB
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

All,
        Now is a good time as any to make a few announcements regarding the brand, there are a few things we need to outline/clarify and here goes.

There are three Categories of products that are available in the collection. some of you who have purchase may have seen on the label an ITEM CODE, with the letter Z, A, or M behind it. here is what these letters represent.
        • Z. Items that are limited run pieces that is only available through the Studio and not in the stores.
        • A. accessories and other Non clothing articles such as Bags, Belts, Scarves etc
        • M. Mainline items that will be available through the stores and cannot be ordered through the studio

We will be keeping a clear distinction between what is sold through the studio and what is available in the stores.

Along with these Categories, the is also ACE PROJEcT, which we will explain in more detail about soon.

For the Spring Summer 2011 season, the collection will be in about three to five stores around the world. Here they are in terms of location, we are not ready to name names yet but will do so at a proper time:

• Brooklyn, NY. U.S.A. - accessories only
        • Moscow, Russia - Clothing an Accessories
        • Tokyo Japan - Clothing and Accessories

These three are confirmed, there should also be another US Stockist, and another in Europe, we will update those soon and make a formal announcement.

Our website is under construction right now, it will be up an running by the end of November. we will notify everyone, of its launch of the appropriate time.

thanks again to everyone for their support,
        talk soon
        Blessings
        ZB

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Hello All,

in an effort to streamline our operations, we have added some needed "muscle" to the production arm of the Studio. we are experimenting with setting up the most efficient production setup possible for the Studio,
          There will be a few select items available for purchase through the Studio for the FW 2010 season, some items will be readily available for shipping, others will be available for special order.

Here is what we know that will be available:
          • DNA pant (sizes 44-50) in several fabric options and Colors (will be ready to ship)

• Long rise anatomic Pant (Size 44-50) in several fabric options, will be ready to ship. (this is a new style pant for this season)

• Magic Penney shirt (sizes S/M/L) in Heavy linen and Silk for fall (this will be special order piece)

• Wool and Cotton Pullover Sweaters in two Styles and several Colors (will be ready to ship)

• Scarves, two styles, (will be ready to ship)

• Slim rotated seam leather shirt. - information on leather type etc is still pending and will be updated (this will be a special order piece)

Intended Date of availability of items will be Nov 15, inquires can be made via PM's Or by contacting the Studio at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

We Kindly ask that no questions be made in this thread as its not a sale thread and we intend to keep this thread free of sales discussions etc, and exclusively for announcements etc.

In the Meantime here is some "Studio Eye candy"

Singer Shirt Buttonhole Machine

Reece 101 Keyhole buttonholer

Brother Four thread Overlock with safety stitch

NC Heavy Duty Overlock

Juki DDL 555, Making DNA pant welt pockets

Juki, 42 Stitch bar tack machine
          Last edited by zamb; 10-31-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

Juki, it rarely gets better than it. And so clean .

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
              Juki, it rarely gets better than it. And so clean .
              yea,
              We have three of the white ones in the Studio along with a five thread overlock,

We Also have a whole bunch of Pfaffs in the Storage..........I am pretty much a tool junkie. Anything to make the work as good as it can be I want it...........I just cant help myself

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Zamb, I have to say seeing your products well photographed and on a body elevates the garments to a whole new level, I am sure they are even better in person.
                I did not have an opinion earlier & while still not entirely up my alley, I can appreciate the attention to detail & see your own individual identity & passion in the end result , Good luck man you deserve it!

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

zboss
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Hello All,

Just want to let you know that Fall/ Winter 2010 items are ready,
                    Pictures will be available this weekend.

Here is what will be available.
                    • Magic Penny Shirt: In destroyed heavy natural Linen with "firefighter black"treatment, also in grayish Black hand dyed heavy raw silk.

• Rotated Seam Shirt: In Black lightweight porcine (pig) Leather with gray overlock detail. (also available in dusty tan color)

• "Echadh" (one) Seam Top: available in medium weight 100% wool jersey, also heavier weight 60% Cotton/ 40% wool blend. in Grey and Black.

• High Neck Pullover with DNA Sleeves: available in medium weight 100% wool jersey, also heavier weight 60% Cotton/ 40% wool blend. in Grey and Black.

• DNA Pant: Available in Medium weight "Black tan" 60% Cotton/ 40% wool blend and Black 100% Cotton herringbone

• Anatomic Drop Crotch pant: Available in Black 100% Cotton herringbone and Grey 98% Cotton/ 2% Spandex Cotton Sateen

• Two Styles of Scarves

.............More info to come soon.

To request a Copy of the prices and sized please PM me or Contact the Studio at dialogue@zambarrett.com.

We kindly ask that no pricing or sales questions be asked in this thread as it is for announcements only,

thanks again,
                    Blessings
                    ZB
                    Last edited by zamb; 11-11-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

To all who PMed me and also sent me an email,
                      All correspondence will be replied to between now and Sunday........
                      Sorry for the delay,
                      there has just been an unexpected amount of inquiries and now taking me a little longer than normal to respond to everyone.

Also, two new team members in the Studio and that requires strict supervision...............

Here are the pics of the F/W 2010 items................

Rotated Seam Shirt: In Black lightweight porcine (pig) leather with gray overlock detail

Heavy linen magic Penny shirt in Firefighter Black.

Also available in hand dyed heavy grey raw silk

"Echadh" (one) Seam Top in Black Cotton/ wool Blend

Also available in dark grey 100% wool

High Neck DNA Sleeve Pullover in grey wool

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

DNA Pant in "Black tan" Cotton/ wool blend (tan Color with speckles of black and dark green)

Also will be available in Black herringbone Cotton

Anatomic Drop Crotch Pant in black heavy cotton herringbone

Scarves and such will be posted on the weekend.........

Thanks again to everyone for their kind support,
                        Blessings
                        ZB
                        Last edited by zamb; 11-12-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

As requested by many,
                          Fit pics of the items will be available this weekend,
                          Also, we are extending a 25% Discount on all FW items to all SZ members.........

and again, all requests and questions are to be submitted by PM or by emailing the studio at dialogue@zambarrett.com.

Blessings
                          ZB

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Black cotton herringbone Tailored DNA Pant and Wool DNA Sleeve high neck pullover

Combat Green anatomic Drop crotch pants and black Echadh seam top

Black cotton herringbone pants and black overlocked porcine leather Rotated Seam shirt

Linen Magic Penny shirt in firefighter black with DNA Pant in 'Black tan"
                            Last edited by zamb; 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Also, we dont normally do this, but we were just moved to show this one.
                              We do a good deal of special order products for private clients, and after a long wait, we are sure this client is going to be very happy!

Updated Siamese Bag made in Bison leather with Cowhide handles, shoulder strap and Custom Hardware.................Enjoy!

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Happy day today............
                                just got a really great Message from a Client here at SZ,

really made my day:

Hi.
                                Just wanted to let you know that I received the hooded jacket and the drop crotch pants today. And wow. I think I need another pair of the drop crotches in the near future, they're so good.

So, a little run down of my thought about them now that I've had them on for 5 minutes. First thought when pulling on the pants was: FREEDOM with capital letters. They are perfect, cut, fabric and size (I can wear long johns underneath without a problem but still they're not too big). I can't remember when I've been this satisfied with a purchase as I am now.

The Jacket: Once again, the size is perfect, I can comfortably wear a shirt underneath if I wish, and it won't be too big with just a tee either. And nice subtle details such as the thumb holes and the inner pockets. I love it. And the fabric is also top notch on this one. I might need to get one just as this in spring/summer weight as well. Maybe in light weight linen or something similar.
                                Just want to say ab big thank to this Client and all our other clients here that we have found through this forum.
                                you all are the reason I do what I do,

Blessings
                                ZB
                                Last edited by zamb; 12-13-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎