Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Huge Batch of Soft J's and DNA's to be dyed today............

Heavy cotton Soft J pant in 46 and 50 are all gone, only tow pairs in 48 are left,

Blessings
    ZB
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faye
      • Apr 2009

sad to hear that about the linen version, cuz I've been looking forward to them. and as you know, I already own the peasant pants in the cotton fabric of the soft J pants. (don't wanna keep 2 pants of the same fabric in my wardrobe.) so please let me know if there are any updates. ^^

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faye View Post
        sad to hear that about the linen version, cuz I've been looking forward to them. and as you know, I already own the peasant pants in the cotton fabric of the soft J pants. (don't wanna keep 2 pants of the same fabric in my wardrobe.) so please let me know if there are any updates. ^^
        well, thanks, but you are mistaken

the heavy Cotton of the Sotf J pants is nothing like you've seen, I think the Peasant pants you have is made of 60% linen/ 40% cotton blend IIRC.............this new fabric I think only 12 pants was produced.......
        Im trying to get my supplier to order more from the mill on my behave but the minimums on it is ridiculous..........

I think we can talk about it via PM,

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          Heavy cotton Soft J pant in 46 and 50 are all gone, only tow pairs in 48 are left,

Think it might fit a bit big and I could go for the 48?
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

This blazer, in my book, nears perfection. A nice example of how a piece with simple lines can transcend gender, and how restraint over embellishment creates timelessness.
            Beautiful work, my friend.

And this, right here Z, is ad campaign worthy. And I'd like to see you use it as such!
            Visually arresting, to say the least.

sain't

Comment

• dddr
              • Jan 2008

ZamB is coming to London!!

Comment

• pieke24
                • Apr 2011

So happy to see you're in Layers.

Will be in there very soon to check it out. Such a great shop to be selling your work in.

:)
                James Kearns

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, been a hectic week so I haven't had a chance to reply as much as i would like.

M, I will give you a call on the weekend!

OK, so to the business at hand..........
                  We are deep into the production process for the FW 2011 season, and also preparing the new Collection for Spring Summer 2012.
                  it was our intent to already move our Studio to a bigger space, unfortunately that has not happened as yet, and we need to clear space to make way for the new items.............

that means, we are again having a Pre-Paris sale.

there are lots of goodies to be had, and we want them gone cause there is no space in the Studio right now.....

• 50% off on all pants in the S/S Studio items
                  • 40% off on All tops....
                  • 40% off on the scarves

too many stuff to list as I am crazy busy.......

Please send me a PM or an email at : dialogue@zambarrett.com to inquire.

Be warned that this might be the last time we do this kind of sale, we had to do it last season for the same reason as now..........needing space, but we will be moving to a bigger space and probably wont b e doing this again, so please do take advantage of the opportunity

Blessings
                  ZB

too many stuff to list as i

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Hello All,

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for their kind love and support. while we are preparing the new collection, and had to move items to clear space, we never anticipated the response we would have gotten.........lots of stuff has been sold and a few things are left.

We will be moving onto a new space later this Summer and may not do this again, however the last two seasons it has been really successful, so we wonder if we should keep it going as a Pre-Paris ritual each season...............??????? we'll see......

just to update what is sold/ available:

• Magic penny Shirts are all sold
                    • Heavy Cotton Soft J pants are all Sold
                    • Overlocked DNA jeans are all Sold
                    • Slim Tissue Scarves are available (3 Left in black and Maroon)
                    • Overdyed DNA jeans (Heavy Version) in 46, 48, 50 still available
                    • Overdyed DNA Jeans (light version) in 48 still available
                    • Short Sleeve Echadh Seam top in Black, Small and Medium
                    • long sleeve Echadh Seam Grey and Black (will check the sizes)

there are a few other things, but too tired now to check and update, so will do that another time............

Also, interesting observation:
                    In the United States there seems to be an overwhelming amount of love for my work in California........LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Malibu etc...............weird dont know what it is but Californians love ZB, maybe its the weather

Internationally, Sweden with Russia following very close behind seems to be the two countries with the biggest supporters of my work...........

Also, got a lot of PMs regarding the Custom suit. this is something we will do in the future, we have done it for a few people before who has charmed us into doing it, but never publicized it.
                    Those of who who have visited us, know our Studio is very small and we don't wanna kill ourselves, there is lots of things we want to do, but cant..........at least not yet

Its 1:05 am now and im still working.............so you know what I mean. We Also had to shelve ACE PROJEcT for this reason. Hopefully later this year, we can give a greater insight into our offerings and future projects when we move into a Newer bigger space............until then

Blessings
                    ZB

Comment

• david s
                      • Jul 2010

zam ... kills it on all fronts

got my green leather today ....

vivat zam!
                      It's absolutely Hedious!
                      shy poser

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Great!

I want green leather too............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im too fat for the original sample now,
                        Originally posted by david s View Post
                        zam ... kills it on all fronts

got my green leather today ....

vivat zam!

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Hello All.

hope you had a great weekend, and recovering from you Post- never happened- Rapture-Disappointment.
                          I am doing nicely..........

Just wanted to give an update that a large shipment was made on Friday, with another one to go out between today and tomorrow. If you purchased something from us over the last week or so, that isn't a custom order, it should be on its way to you.

Our Fall 2011 production is in progress and we have no turned our attention to the Spring 2012 Collection and making preparations for Paris.

We have gotten numerous request for custom orders for the FW 2011 season, but we are sorry, we are full to capacity at the moment...........At the end of June we may look at this again and see if we can open a window to accommodate those who would like to order something. now we cant, we just have too much to manage.

there are still a few goodies to be had, and I would really like them gone.............We really need the space. A lot of stuff has been sold, but there is more.

Here is what is available:

• Pleated peasant Pants in Size 48 and 50
                          • Heavy Cotton Overdyed DNA jeans in 46 and 50
                          • Heavy Cotton Soft J pant is 48 (only one left!)
                          • Long Sleeve Echadh Seam top in S, M, L. (black only)
                          • Short Sleeve Echadh Seam top in S, M, L (black only)
                          • Slim tissue Wool Scarf...........

50% off across the Board on all items, and don't wait cause there not getting any lower, Anything that doesn't go, go into the Archives for storage..........

Also, here is an excerpt from a nice email we got from a client of ours in LA.............

was really nice of him to send me this:

Holy shit. Got the shirt today. It's amazing sir. Perfection in shirt
                          form. The raw silk is far heftier than I expected which for me is a
                          good thing. It's really a beautiful fabric. And there are some serious
                          details that I hadn't noticed from the pictures that really blow my
                          mind a little :) I love the bag as well!

God, you really are quite the artist, designer and craftsman. I went
                          to the archive in SF last weekend and didn't see one shirt they
                          carried that is nearly the caliber of this shirt even at the 700-800
                          range.

Again if you need to make an inquiry, feel free to send a PM or email at dialogue@zambarrett.com

Blessings
                          ZB

Comment

• couturehomme
                            • Oct 2008

wow...i've been on this forum for a minute but never read this thread..
                            you're amazing dude; truly inspiring..

didn't know you were jamaican also. I am originally from trinidad and went to undergrad and grad school with and still good friends with a good few "yard man".

anyways, rambling..will shoot you a pm about those overdyed DNA jeans

Comment

• Mirror&Rack
                              • Sep 2007

zamb, you're the man...... how about that interview?

Comment

• thejjbb
                                • Apr 2008

Just wanted to reiterate that nothing but joy can come from ordering from zamb. Incredibly responsive, fast shipping, and making some great pieces.

I have a few pairs of various curve/J/twisted leg pants, but the DNA pants are maybe the first I've encountered that readily stacks/bunches above the knee because of the inspired decision to have the leg seam curve from the side of the hip down to the front of the leg, coupled with the great choice of fabric.

Thanks a lot Zam, looking forward to the coming collections!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎