X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomatous
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

^I'd like to echo this. Was extremely pleased with my order, which came in today. The DNA pants are fantastic, and really unlike any other curved leg pant I have put on. Everything from the choice selection of buttons used to the intricate curving of the seam starting at the hip, A+ Zamb! Thanks again.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
      ^I'd like to echo this. Was extremely pleased with my order, which came in today. The DNA pants are fantastic, and really unlike any other curved leg pant I have put on. Everything from the choice selection of buttons used to the intricate curving of the seam starting at the hip, A+ Zamb! Thanks again.

thejjbb
      tomatous

thanks for the love guys, really great to know you both are happy with your purchases......................Im happy, your happy so its all good.

Working lie a Mas scientist on SS2012 now.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

As was requested,

here is a comparison of the DNA jeans in Dark Grey and Black...........

side by side

Black Close up

Grey Close up

For some reason the Black dyes more uniform than the Grey, which i don't mind........O own a Grey pair and I don't own the black..............too many black pants in my life already.

The Grey have some hints of inky blue and black running through which creates some really interesting effects.................

We are sold out in 48, and only one 50 left which is on hold for a friend.
        we still have a few 46's .............along with a few goodies left.
        the most unfortunate thing is that a lot of people don't get to see these items in person. not tooting my own horn but the pictures don't do them justice at all.

For the quality of craftsmanship, details and durability that goes into some of our products.................I think this is some of the best value in terms of price/ quality around.
        Of course we could sell these items for way more money, but my motivation and objective was never that................the mission is to make great products that will make people happy and really do enjoy wearing them. I am sure there is no greater joy in wearing something you absolutely love and know that the personal value to you exceeds what you paid.

I am really thankful for the support, and it really makes my day when a client gets something and sends me a message where the joy and satisfaction is manifested in the message they send..............

talk soon
        Blessings
        ZB
        Last edited by zamb; 05-27-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
          • Jan 2011

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but never found the right words or opportunity. I'm baffled how something with such amazing construction is selling for comparitively half the market price of other stuff. I own the DNA pants from last season and immediately placed another order with zam. His work really needs to be felt and tried on to see the difference...

Comment

• (((o
            • May 2009

I have to echo what's being said. The DNA's are perfect in terms of fit, at least in my book. Can't wait for the heavy canvas ones I've ordered to arrive. Got the waxed ones from earlier and they're one of my most treasured pair of pants.
            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
              I've been meaning to post this for a while, but never found the right words or opportunity. I'm baffled how something with such amazing construction is selling for comparitively half the market price of other stuff. I own the DNA pants from last season and immediately placed another order with zam. His work really needs to be felt and tried on to see the difference...

Well, its an easy question to answer. I want to make it clear that i'm not underselling anyone, especially my work has its own ideas and techniques so it isn't like buying a derivative or "inspired" product.

Here are a few of the reasons
              1. The structure of my business is different from other companies, we produce in house for the most part (about 90%), with only a few items about 10%) going to a small factory here in NYC. All patterns, grading and samples are done in house and the savings on that is passed on to the consumer, so in a way, I am giving you all that part of my abilities for below market value or even for free
              2. I live in my studio, or my studio is in my living space, so I don't have to calculate that cost into the business, however most companies aren't that lucky/ unlucky (trust me, its a blessing and a curse) so that is factored in because they have to in order to pay the bills
              3. The original intent when we started the company, was to provide a product to the stores/ clients that was well designed and well made, that could be purchased by people who could appreciate good design/ crafstmanship but weren't necessarily well off.............Someone like myself. As I always say.........."You should have to dodge the Landlord to buy a piece you love"
              4. Also bear in mind that as a member of SZ, you get discounts and privileges than non SZ members don't get, non SZ members don't get the generous discounts you guys get. I owe a lot to this forum, I could act "all high and lifted up", but I wont, so in appreciation, I show some love to a movement to which I am forever indebted............

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                • Jan 2011

Of course zam,
                I hope you know my implication is more that your tailoring and design skills alone make the product valuable - although the savings you pass forward make it possible for a college kid like me able to purchase some of the most gorgeous work.

Meanwhile I have read the first few pages of history of this thread and really laughed at any doubt of your abilities!

As always looking forward to more of your work.

Comment

• Faye
                  • Apr 2009

Hi Z! Finally received my order today. Once more, I’ve been blown away by the beauty of your work. It takes a very high skill level to make people with knowledge of tailoring appreciate one’s work. But someone must’ve mastered his craft, to make ordinary persons as myself see and appreciate the beauty in one’s work.
                  Please never stop what you’re doing. :)

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Hello All,

Just wanna give an update,
                    If you have bought something from us, through our studio items or through our sample sale, there is a major shipment going out between Tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday. so expect your item soon

Custom items will be dealt with through PMs, as there is still few pending things to square off for the Spring/ Summer 2011 season

For all items ordered for the FW season, no shipment will be made until the Month of July, some items are ready, but we must turn our attention to Paris..................Ah, Paris.

We must say thanks to those who came to visit us in January, Met alot of wonderful people that I hope to see again. last season was a season of trial and error, of learning, albeit a very successful one. this season we plan to be better, more organized.

the Collection this season will be much more nicer than the last one, and better presented.
                    Lots of development on existing concepts, but a lot of new ideas too..............not saying anything yet, not giving anything away.

however I must say that the collection will be presented in two Phases:
                    the wholesale segment of the collection will be presented in paris, along with a few experimental pieces to give a better feel of the collection, the second step is we will be presenting the full collection here in NY, during NY fashion week in September. we are still working out the means of presentation, but there will be one here to develop our reach stateside.

we just want to thank everyone again for their love and support, its been great!

Blessings
                    ZB

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Hola Friends

Because of the overwhelming response to the items we listed for sale and the amount we have to deal with, we are implementing new policies to streamline everything.

If you purchase an item, after you've made a payment, here is what we need from you:
                      1. Item name/ Size/ Color
                      2. Shipping Address
                      3. SZ Screen name

We cannot thank you guys enough for the love you've shown us and our work, it is truly a blessing.
                      We must turn our attention to Paris and the Spring 2012 collection now,
                      We will not be listing anymore new items, until the FW 2011 Studio items become available later this year......
                      as much as we enjoy selling and making people happy, we have to give proper attention to creating the products, developing the ideas and making sure everything is as good as it should be, quality wise............... and trust me, our work is incredibly labor intensive so we have to spend the time making the items right..............
                      This collection for Spring 2012, I gonna be our Most technical and detail oriented yet...........I am already fretting about production because its the intensity of it.

if you want to purchase an item, you can contact one of the Stores stocking the line

in Japan.................AL Select
                      In England...............Pollyanna Barnsley
                      in Russia..................Gjoll, Moscow

i have no idea what these stores have in stock or about sales or whatever, but if you need something from the line now, they should help

For the Spring 2012 we are working on:
                      New Dyeing techniques
                      New Details of pockets and such that we've never seen before
                      New Leather treatments................Developed an incredible finish on a leather yesterday, after experimenting, so I'm just salivating about the possibilities here...........(I am sorry to sound so exited, I am just a technician and artisan at heart)

Anyways, I gotta go there is lots to do,
                      thanks again for being such a blessing to me, I Love you all

talk soon
                      Blessings
                      ZB

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Big Z is 53..................er 35, today, so I guess I'm halfway there

Blessings
                        ZB

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

happy birthday z!? excited to hear about paris!

Comment

• chomeo
                            • Mar 2010

happy birthday Zam! good luck with Paris!~

Comment

• Chim
                              • Dec 2006

happy bday buddy, have a good one :)

Comment

• Icarium
                                • Oct 2010

Happy birthday sir! Nice present you've treated yourself to!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎